PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOB: "More Price"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that woodhead hasn't shown anything as a punt or kick returner.

That may be - and while I'm sure Belichick would prefer to have someone step up and do what Welker can do as a returner, that's a tall order for anyone.

As valuable as Welker is as a receiver, Belichick isn't going to sit him on returns if he thinks he gives them the best shot at breaking a big play.

That's less of an indictment of Edelman and Woodhead and more of yet another one of many compliments about Welker as a vital player.

That may be - and while I'm sure Belichick would prefer to have someone step up and do what Welker can do as a returner, that's a tall order for anyone.

As valuable as Welker is as a receiver, Belichick isn't going to sit him on returns if he thinks he gives them the best shot at breaking a big play.

That's less of an indictment of Edelman and Woodhead and more of yet another one of many compliments about Welker as a vital player.

But the thing is Elderman has shown that he can be a very good punt returner, and so far he has been the best kick returner so far.

Let's bring back Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson. Both of those guys would be better than Ochocinco/Price.

But the thing is Elderman has shown that he can be a very good punt returner, and so far he has been the best kick returner so far.

I'd call Edelman and Welker pretty much even - with Welker continuing to show the better ability to break a longer return.

Between the two of them I'm not expecting Woodhead to see too much time as a kick returner - though I suppose he needs to show more in practice first.

Yeah - but the point is, the small percentage of time when you NEED a deep option - or WANT a deep option to keep defenses honest and covering deep - you don't have one, and that allows teams to put more pressure on Brady a la 2006 with Reche Caldwell as our "deep threat"

Having a limited offense - even one where Welker, Gronk and Hernandez can put up incredible numbers - is not what anyone should prefer. It's not always an apparent weakness against lesser teams, but when you play an elite NFL team with a good defense you see results like you did on Sunday.

I've been open to giving Price a chance for awhile now. It's not because I hate Ocho or think Price is the second coming of Moss (at 6-0 he's not comparable)

But given Ocho's production, even if Price does nothing, there's no net loss - and only major upside that a home grown cheap talent might give you more than a veteran who can't even seem to beat guys deep on a simple straight outside route.

I agree with you, just being realistic, Price will get snaps here and there and the occassional target. There is rarely an element of suprise with our offense, you know what is coming against the Giants.

The Brown's just cut Brian Robiskie. How I thought they had a steal in the 2nd round. Oh well.
We need speed. He is a burner as well.

Meh. He isn't good. Though it might be because of the lack of quality of QBs they have had in the last two years.

Last edited:
Well the one time when Brady (under)threw Price cause he was flushed, on the End ZOne replay you could see he had gotten separation and was wide open deep.

I haven't seen a lot of separation with our WR's this year deep....

Faulk can return punts.

Well the one time when Brady (under)threw Price cause he was flushed, on the End ZOne replay you could see he had gotten separation and was wide open deep.

I haven't seen a lot of separation with our WR's this year deep....

Yep, I just don't know about Brady at times. This should be a TD or a WR drop and nothing else.
opentaylor576.jpg

What I would like to know is who the hell is the receiver or TE just standing there in the middle? He could at least tried to get open with just one person on him. He looks like he has stopped

Last edited:
Yep, I just don't know about Brady at times. This should be a TD or a WR drop and nothing else.
opentaylor576.jpg

What I would like to know is who the hell is the receiver or TE just standing there in the middle? He could at least tried to get open with just one person on him. He looks like he has stopped

they showed it on Nesn from that view and Price had beat his man by a mile...looks like he had to turn around come back though because it was underthrown and thus didnt make it.

but, if he can do that its still promising for what he can offer the Pats

opentaylor576.jpg

Brady was rolling out and didn't plant well before throwing, so he threw a bit behind Price. Brady probably had time to plant but he had just escaped a collapsed pocket and had one of his "seeing ghosts" moments.

For all he does so amazingly well, it's frustrating to see Brady's mental game fall apart at times. At his best he stands tall, plants and ignores rushers whose breath he can probably smell; at his worst — like at times Sunday — he's ducking guys who are five feet away and rushing throws he has time to make.

Now the question is: Can Brady regain Price's trust? :D

opentaylor576.jpg

He was open but Brady threw it behind him.

I agree with you, just being realistic, Price will get snaps here and there and the occassional target. There is rarely an element of suprise with our offense, you know what is coming against the Giants.

It only takes a few deep catches to turn yourself into a credible deep threat. Most passes are short anyways. It's the perpetual threat that keeps Ds honest.

Currently we have no credible threat

More Price.... how about Less BOB

Who was the CB on price that play?

I'd like to see him return some kicks too. He has speed.

I just have this feeling that Price is going to make the most of his opportunities sunday and make us wonder why he wasnt played sooner....I only hope he will because right now, its evident that not having a solid #3 WR who can go deep is hurting us offensively as teams flood the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes