PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O'Brien to become coach of Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Brien is kind of a hothead. It'll be interesting to see how he does down there.

He's walking into a great situation, that's for sure. He has a talented, but underperforming team that needed a QB and still made the playoffs two years in a row with a mediocre one, ownership that was patient with their last coach, and the first pick in the draft where he could either select a franchise QB type in Teddy Bridgewater or the best pass rusher to come out since J.J. Watt (who he can then team with Watt).

The thing to keep in mind is that O'Brien was only at PSU for 2 years. Heck, if Charlie had decided to leave ND after he wen't 9-2 and 10-2 he would have been considered a great prospect. I don't think we have any idea what kind of coach he will be in the long run.

The thing about Belichick is that he has performed at this level for over 12 years. That is almost unthinkable. I think all coaches can have a good year or even two. But very, very few can do it for the length of time that Belichick has.

Drastically different circumstances.

BB is one of the most unique coaches in the history of the game. Some coaches come in, fix things and leave (see Tuna) Some coaches, very few have the ability to evolve and keep every year fresh and sustain excellence.

I agree. We don't know exactly what kind of NFL HC BOB will be. He certainly is intense but I don't compare him to a Todd Haley-type though (dont think BB has the patience with that nonsense). What I do know is that he went to PSU under the worst set of circumstances possible and did a damn good job and BB has a tremendous amount of respect for BOB as a coach. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes