PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O'Brien to become coach of Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until he got hurt, Schaub was the most hurried QB in the NFL and the oline in quite good? Graham is functional and Daniels is aging quickly. Hopkins had a very good rookie year but I wouldn't hang my receiving hat on him when he was benched vs OAK for mental errors. Antonio Smith is just ok. Joseph is excellent. Kareem J had 0 picks in 14 games. Their K sucks. Their safeties are marginal and thats being kind. Cushing cannot be counted on at all. Ad it all up and you get 2-14. Maybe they go 9-7 next year. Maybe.

Every team has talent. Like i said, BOB has some major holes to fill in the depth dept and add more locker room guys with some mental toughness. Losing 14 in a row is ridiculous and is proof of a bad team on a lot of levels.

Until he got hurt, Schaub was the most hurried QB in the NFL and the oline in quite good? Graham is functional and Daniels is aging quickly. Hopkins had a very good rookie year but I wouldn't hang my receiving hat on him when he was benched vs OAK for mental errors. Antonio Smith is just ok. Joseph is excellent. Kareem J had 0 picks in 14 games. Their K sucks. Their safeties are marginal and thats being kind. Cushing cannot be counted on at all. Ad it all up and you get 2-14. Maybe they go 9-7 next year. Maybe.

Every team has talent. Like i said, BOB has some major holes to fill in the depth dept and add more locker room guys with some mental toughness. Losing 14 in a row is ridiculous and is proof of a bad team on a lot of levels.

Yes, if you make a bunch of stuff up to be as bad as possible, and you ignore reasons behind things, you can make a 2-14 team look bad. Congrats!

On the other hand, I'm trying to be an honest evaluator. Doing that, I see a team that's clearly not as bereft of talent as you were claiming.

"0 picks" You've got to be kidding me.....

Yes, if you make a bunch of stuff up, and ignore reasons behind things, you can make a 2-14 team look bad. Congrats!

On the other hand, I'm trying to be an honest evaluator. Doing that, I see a team that's clearly not as bereft of talent as you were claiming.

"0 picks" You've got to be kidding me.....

You may be honest, but your assessment of the roster currently in place to turn around a 2-14 team is awful. I think you need to do some more research.

2012...Kareem Jackson 4 INTS 16 PDs
2013.. Kareem Jackson 0 INTs 8 PDs

You may be honest, but your assessment of the roster currently in place to turn around a 2-14 team is awful. I think you need to do some more research.

2012...Kareem Jackson 4 INTS 16 PDs
2013.. Kareem Jackson 0 INTs 8 PDs

The fact that you point to interceptions just shows you're not being an honest evaluator.

McCourty had 1 INT all season, and only 8 PDs. That doesn't mean he played poorly.

Alphonso Dennard had 1 INT and 8 PDs. That doesn't mean that he played pooorly, either.

Logan Ryan led the Patriots with 5 INTs and had 10 PDs, but nobody's being foolish enough to say he should be replacing Talib as the CB1.

I think Ryan should be our starting CB and Talib play only in the nickel!

;)

The fact that you point to interceptions just shows you're not being an honest evaluator.

McCourty had 1 INT all season, and only 8 PDs. That doesn't mean he played poorly.

Alphonso Dennard had 1 INT and 8 PDs. That doesn't mean that he played pooorly, either.

Logan Ryan led the Patriots with 5 INTs and had 10 PDs, but nobody's being foolish enough to say he should be replacing Talib as the CB1.

Dont recall saying Jackson played poorly? I said he didnt have any INTs and his play dropped off severely from 2012.

Part of it was due to his rib but he was not playing well before that. Lots of PA penalties. Maybe you need to check?

Dont recall saying Jackson played poorly? I said he didnt have any INTs and his play dropped off severely from 2012.

Part of it was due to his rib but he was not playing well before that. Lots of PA penalties. Maybe you need to check?

And the walkback begins.....

Good move for him. That team has talent, they do need a QB. So queue the Mallet to Texans trade thead in 5... 4... 3...

Maybe we can get JJ Watt for Mallet :rolleyes:

Keenum has done much more than Mallet so far to be a third string QB, behind the guy they will draft and Mallet. This is not going to happen. What if he gets Mallet and that becomes a tragedy, not a good way to restart your HC career in NFL. Then he could be in the black monday list next year.

I think BOB will go with a security blanket, drafting a QB with the 1st pick or even the #33 guarantees him at least 2 years as a HC, because fans tend to be patient with a rookie QB.

Keenum has done much more than Mallet so far to be a third string QB, behind the guy they will draft and Mallet. This is not going to happen. What if he gets Mallet and that becomes a tragedy, not a good way to restart your HC career in NFL. Then he could be in the black monday list next year.

I think BOB will go with a security blanket, drafting a QB with the 1st pick or even the #33 guarantees him at least 2 years as a HC, because fans tend to be patient with a rookie QB.
Playing poorly during your opportunities isn't the same as has done more. Mallett is hardly ever going to see the field because of Brady (and rightly so).

And the walkback begins.....

I never stated Jackson played poorly. You implied that I did. I cited statistics that called out his drastic drop in productivity.

You actually expanded that discussion brought up players with completely different situations from different teams & positions to try and make a point on how a 2-14 team with shallow roster depth and not enough impact players has a great foundation to be a very good team in 2014. You really haven't disproved anything I've said.

Keep thinking they are primed for a great 2014 though as currently constituted.

He's got a lot of talent on that team, and he can either take the QB or the monster pass rusher at 1.1.. That's a worst-to-first situation just waiting to happen.

I'm surprised Parcells hasn't lobbied for the job. It's right up his alley.

RE: That kid feeling betrayed. Sucks, but people are allowed to change their mind.

The players he lied to have to pay to change their minds.

Maybe. I mean Nick Saban left the Dolphins to build a powerhouse program in Alabama only two weeks after saying, "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

So maybe BOB will be successful in Houston. Maybe not. But I would be very disappointed to find out that he lied to a young teenager. Part of being an adult is dealing with the tough situations. So is part of being a football coach. This would be a failure in both cases.

Anyone who disagrees can ask the next Miami fan they see what he thinks of Nick Saban... and then duck and cover.

As successful as Pete Carroll has become, I could never look at him with respect because of the way he threw "his" USC players into the trash.

I think someone here defended O'Brien by saying something to the effect that everyone does it. Great.

I guess integrity means nothing if a buck can be made.

I never stated Jackson played poorly. You implied that I did. I cited statistics that called out his drastic drop in productivity.

That's how you post. It's your M.O.. We both know what you were saying, and you demonstrated that with your followup posts.

You actually expanded that discussion brought up players with completely different situations from different teams & positions to try and make a point on how a 2-14 team with shallow roster depth and not enough impact players has a great foundation to be a very good team in 2014. You really haven't disproved anything I've said.

Keep thinking they are primed for a great 2014 though as currently constituted.

No team remains exactly the same from one season to the next. What I've said was that they had good players left and were picking at #1, putting them in a position to make the worst-to-first sort of move. You've insisted that they've got no players by saying that they only have two playmakers on defense when they've got more, only one good WR when they have two and solid TEs, etc...

That's how you post. It's your M.O.. We both know what you were saying, and you demonstrated that with your followup posts.

Amazing that you can determine my M.O. when all I said is that Jackson didn't have any INTs in 2013 and then followed up by saying he defensed 1/2 the passes in 2013 and his PA penalties were also up. So you don't have the ability to put words in my mouth, my point was he was not an overly productive player a 2013. Stating that I had a different "M.O" than that is pure conjecture on your part.

No team remains exactly the same from one season to the next. What I've said was that they had good players left and were picking at #1, putting them in a position to make the worst-to-first sort of move. You've insisted that they've got no players by saying that they only have two playmakers on defense when they've got more, only one good WR when they have two and solid TEs, etc...

We'll disagree on the quantity and quality of the good players on the roster. My contention is that if such a plethora of play makers existed and they had adequate roster depth on D they wouldn't have allowed 29 passing TD, finish dead last in INTs and allowed almost 27ppg on defense. Same goes for a offense that scored less than 18ppg.

Look..of course they are in a position to have a decent year in 2014. Every team is. I think they are a lot farther away from that place than you are. Too many questions for my liking. However their schedule seems somewhat reasonable. Maybe you might be right after all...LOL.

Live press conference for Bill O'Brien is on NFL Network right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand