PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Pats hire Will Lawing to offensive staff

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Have we done the Vegas interviews yet?

Of course. I was in on the meetings, have recordings, statements from staffers under oath, and both Bill and Caley told me their feelings at length on a candlelit dinner.

If I had proof it'd be more than a hypothesis.
So you made it up and gave nothing to justify it other than it’s a new and different way to invent criticism? Gotcha

He was just stating what he thought. You’re not going to start demanding links and videos again are you?
I was asking for a basis of why that is his opinion.
I didn’t know making things up that you have no knowledge of any shred of fact to back it up and then claiming it your “hypothesis” was a reasonable discussion point.

It would seem normal human interaction to listen to someone’s opinion, and ask why. When why is reasoned, the opinion holds value. Why why is “I guessed” it should just get dismissed.

When I read someone’s opinion I prefer to know which it is

Is that really hard to understand?

And THIS is what he said

have a hypothesis on how it went. Caley refused to be OC without the title. Bill said f that, next man up! And he put P&J in charge to teach Caley a lesson. The rest is history: a big, nasty splotch mark on the last few pages of Bill's legacy

If there is no evidence to support any of those points, what is the point? Just a way to make up a story to criticize someone you want to.

A statement like this would then be equally valuable losing material

I have a hypothesis on how it went. Caley was offered the job but afraid to take it. He peed his pants in interview. He said please give it to someone else. He sabotaged the TE room to teach bill a lesson. The treat is history a big nasty splotch mark on Caleys career.

It’s the exact same post with the exact same amount of evidence to back it up. Is it a quality posts?

Last edited:
I was asking for a basis of why that is his opinion.
I didn’t know making things up that you have no knowledge of any shred of fact to back it up and then claiming it your “hypothesis” was a reasonable discussion point.

It would seem normal human interaction to listen to someone’s opinion, and ask why. When why is reasoned, the opinion holds value. Why why is “I guessed” it should just get dismissed.

When I read someone’s opinion I prefer to know which it is

Is that really hard to understand?
Then why don’t you say it like that when you question people instead of criticizing or insulting people.

Then why don’t you say it like that when you question people instead of criticizing or insulting people.
How did I criticize or insult?
I asked for the basis. He said in as many words he made it up.
I responded, ok you made it up and I disagree that stuff like that should be posted.
I’m so sorry if your feelings were hurt or you feel my mean words violated your safe zone.

I responded, ok you made it up and I disagree that stuff like that should be posted.
I’m so sorry if your feelings were hurt or you feel my mean words violated your safe zone.
Thats ok we all know that’s who you are and that’s what you do.

All I did was ask if you were going start asking for links and videos again, its actually a yes or know question and you replied back with a long winded reply, I’m thing you felt your safe zone was breached.

All I did was ask if you were going start asking for links and videos again, its actually a yes or know question and you replied back with a long winded reply, I’m thing you felt your safe zone was breached.
Again?

Last edited:
Mayo will not take over? Why do you think it is pretty natural for O'Brien to take over? Does not seem pretty natural to me based on 1 or 2 low level offensive hires.
What has Mayo done to deserve being the heir apparent. Guy doesn’t even call the defense plays.

BOB is a great offensive mind & has the personality of a HC. I’d be happy if they made BOB the HC right now.

After last year If BOB and some of his minions leave in 2 years then that means they were successful here. What are we suppose to do hire guys who don’t jive with Bob’s because we don’t too lose them in 2 years. Let the chips fall where they may. He can’t take all of them in that scenario unless they get promotions or their contract ends.

Let's see how long it takes for some contingent of Pats Fans to decide this guy alone caused the downfall of a once great franchise.

Think so too.

I have a hypothesis on how it went. Caley refused to be OC without the title. Bill said f that, next man up! And he put P&J in charge to teach Caley a lesson. The rest is history: a big, nasty splotch mark on the last few pages of Bill's legacy.

Caley stays only if he can't even get a lateral move anywhere decent.

(Yes, lotta conjecture here on my part, hence the hypothesis preface)
I think there's a solid basis for your hypothesis. Let's break it down.

Caley refused to be OC without the title.
This has already been widely reported. This part is therefore proven.

Bill said f that, next man up!
Logical conclusion. If the above is true and Caley turned him down, Bill always defaults to next man up. Another part of your hypothesis that we can say is proven.

And he put P&J in charge to teach Caley a lesson.
Well we know he put P&J in charge, so that's another fact. You're batting .1000
On the "to teach Caley a lesson" part, it's possible. Again, we've seen Bill do stuff like this in the past so there's a logical basis for your hypothesis. Case in point, he benched Butler to teach him a lesson regardless of the consequences.

The rest is history: a big, nasty splotch mark on the last few pages of Bill's legacy.
This is also a fact.

I rate your hypothesis as 75% likely. Good job.

@Brotherblues your hypothesis was well thought out and based on facts. This one however is a poorly constructed hypothesis easily dismissed as lacking original thought or merit.

I have a hypothesis on how it went. Caley was offered the job but afraid to take it.
This is 100% conjecture and flies in the face of well documented reports. This part of the hypothesis is deemed to be false.

He peed his pants in interview. He said please give it to someone else.
More unsubstantiated conjecture and deemed to be highly unlikely given the fact Caley has gone to interviews with two other teams. This part of the hypothesis is deemed to be false.

He sabotaged the TE room to teach bill a lesson.
More unsubstantiated conjecture and deemed to be unlikely since had this happened, Caley would've been fired. This part of the hypothesis is also deemed to be false. So far batting .000

The treat is history a big nasty splotch mark on Caleys career.
This is just nonsense. Caley's Wikipedia page is too short to have a nasty splotch mark. Plus if this was the case, why were other teams interviewing him?

I deem this hypothesis completely worthless, full of conjecture with no basis in reality.

It’s the exact same post with the exact same amount of evidence to back it up. Is it a quality posts?
Lol

What has Mayo done to deserve being the heir apparent. Guy doesn’t even call the defense plays.

BOB is a great offensive mind & has the personality of a HC. I’d be happy if they made BOB the HC right now.

Mayo played in the NFL, BOB didn't. Mayo was a captain in the NFL, BOB wasn't. Mayo is respected by the players for his experience in the league, BOB isn't. Players look up to Mayo, players do not look up to BOB. BOB is a failed head coach in the league, Mayo isn't. Lots of players do not like BOB because of his time in Houston, the players universally like Mayo.

BOB being made head coach right now? There is a reason there were a lot of head coach openings and BOB was not interviewed for any of them. You might like BOB as a head coach, but most fans, most players, and none of the owners agree with you.

Come on man, what white dude doesn't like Mayo?

@Brotherblues your hypothesis was well thought out and based on facts. This one however is a poorly constructed hypothesis easily dismissed as lacking original thought or merit.

This is 100% conjecture and flies in the face of well documented reports. This part of the hypothesis is deemed to be false.

More unsubstantiated conjecture and deemed to be highly unlikely given the fact Caley has gone to interviews with two other teams. This part of the hypothesis is deemed to be false.

More unsubstantiated conjecture and deemed to be unlikely since had this happened, Caley would've been fired. This part of the hypothesis is also deemed to be false. So far batting .000

This is just nonsense. Caley's Wikipedia page is too short to have a nasty splotch mark. Plus if this was the case, why were other teams interviewing him?

I deem this hypothesis completely worthless, full of conjecture with no basis in reality.

Lol

This site really needs to cleanup garbage posts/posters. It’s no one specifically but this thread is a great example of how one poster can completely derail a reasonable discussion. I appreciate that you’ve set him straight, as I’m sure he’d agree he was absolutely wrong to an embarrassing degree.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back