PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB and AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on- so if Thomas stays deactivated, who 'steps up'? My money's on Bodden or Springs- the first time either one of them gets beaten in coverage, I could see the whole board turning on them in about 2 seconds.

I'm betting on one of the O-Line. They're home grown, not superstars, higher picks... fits the mold (maroney, watson, etc).

Could be Tate though. He sucks so bad he doesn't even get activated.

I'm betting on one of the O-Line. They're home grown, not superstars, higher picks... fits the mold (maroney, watson, etc).

It's not too late for Meriweather either. A bad game or 2 and he could get turned on in epic fashion.

Sanders...all he has to do is be active to get slammed.

Sanders...all he has to do is be active to get slammed.

I think the Namesake of Mr. Missed Tackle is reason enough.......

If traded the cap hit is on the pats and not the other team? Can't you add in a clause that the other team takes the cap burden?
Where to begin....

Well, I'm late to the thread, but my hunch is #3 -- an undisclosed personal or family situation that took Thomas away from practice and perhaps even away from the game. Maybe something that has been in issue for a while; maybe something that just came up this week. In any case, something that Thomas prefered not to make a big media deal out of.

Well, I'm late to the thread, but my hunch is #3 -- an undisclosed personal or family situation that took Thomas away from practice and perhaps even away from the game. Maybe something that has been in issue for a while; maybe something that just came up this week. In any case, something that Thomas prefered not to make a big media deal out of.

fact - AD missed practice on the Thursday and Friday before the Denver game due to a personal issue.
fact - AD returned from Florida on Friday night and flew to Denver with the team.
fact - AD was a non factor in the Denver loss.
fact - Being inactivated on Sunday had nothing to do with AD's personal issue.
fact - Being inactivated was a surprise to AD
speculation - AD was inactivated due to his lackluster performance in Denver and perhaps related to him missing practice on the 8th and 9th of this month.
fact - AD has all the respect in the world for Bill Belichick.

Last edited:
Let's face it, AD hasn't been all that great during his Patriot career, he really hasn't been consistently good. He was on track to have his best Patriot year last year before he broke his arm, but he has been invisible this year.

He was brought in to play OLB, Belichick coached him at the Pro Bowl the year he signed him so he had some idea he could play, but he has severly under performed this year.

According to Deon Sanders (NFL) network, Thomas was not happy with his benching and will work things out with BB.

But as of noon today, that hasn't happened.
So what we have here, in Foxborough, is...Failure to Communicate. What a shock.

Has AT performed up to his contract?
No.

Has AT performed closer to his contract than that useless, worthless, has-been pile of fetid crap named Derrick Burgess?
Goddamn right.

AT has been our 2nd-best LB ever since he arrived.
(behind Vrabel in '07, and Mayo in '08/09)
That statement is more of an indictment against our LBs than it is in defense of AT.

That AT was deactivated in favor of Burgess is an insult to my intelligence.
Admit it, Bill: you were wrong - again. This is a recording.

I don't blame AT for being pissed-off; not one...effin...bit.

But as of noon today, that hasn't happened.
So what we have here, in Foxborough, is...Failure to Communicate. What a shock.

Has AT performed up to his contract?
No.

Has AT performed closer to his contract than that useless, worthless, has-been pile of fetid crap named Derrick Burgess?
Goddamn right.

AT has been our 2nd-best LB ever since he arrived.
(behind Vrabel in '07, and Mayo in '08/09)
That statement is more of an indictment against our LBs than it is in defense of AT.

That AT was deactivated in favor of Burgess is an insult to my intelligence.
Admit it, Bill: you were wrong - again. This is a recording.

I don't blame AT for being pissed-off; not one...effin...bit.

I think you just like to rip Belichick because you feel he isn't the genius he is portrayed as by the media and/or fans. But that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Adalius being deactivated in favor of Burgess ultimately resulted in a 59-0 win. Isn't that all that matters in the end? The end result being a W is all we care about. Obviously Adalius being deactivated didn't have that much of an impact because the Titans did not score any points.

I'm personally glad we gave Burgess a shot and I would like to see him be used as an OLB in the 3-4 more frequently, especially considering we gave up a 3rd rounder for him. I think it has taken him some time to adjust to the new scheme making the transition from DE to OLB and we will see how it goes.

I've always been an Adalius fan and I expect him to come back and want to prove Bill "wrong" for sitting him, but can you really rip into Belichick about sitting Adalius after the defense pitches a shutout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back