Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

March 23, 2006
Ashworth to 'Hawks
Offensive tackle Tom Ashworth, who emerged from practice squad player to starter in four seasons with the Patriots, has agreed to terms on a deal with the Seahawks today. Ashworth’s agent, Tom Mills, confirmed the agreement in principle.

The 28-year-old Ashworth appeared in 37 career regular-season games with the Patriots (30 starts). He played in 14 games in 2005, with 11 starts. Ashworth primarily shared time at right tackle with Brandon Gorin over the last two seasons.

Ashworth had also drawn interest in free agency from the Jets, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Saints and Texans.

The Patriots –- who have Matt Light, Nick Kaczur and Gorin atop the tackle depth chart -- also kept an open dialogue about the possibility of a return. Yet likely due to their personnel already in place, the team wasn't overly aggressive.

The Seahawks are an unexpected landing spot for Ashworth, because the team has two returning tackles in Sean Locklear and Walter Jones. But Seattle lost starting left guard Steve Hutchinson in free agency and was looking for reinforcements on the line. Much of Ashworth’s pro experience has come at tackle.

I hope he got the money, he's earned it. Bon Voyage!

(*sigh*) Best touchdown pass-catching offensive lineman I've ever seen. Now, we're doomed. ;)

Exactly.

Good luck to him; I'm sure he got $ he wouldn't have here, and now he can drink something other than Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

This bothers me the least of our numerous FA losses although the list is now so long I'd have to go back and look to see for sure.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
(*sigh*) Best touchdown pass-catching offensive lineman I've ever seen. Now, we're doomed. ;)

After that happy moment he had nothing else to prove in NE!!!! ;)
Good luck Tom and thanks!

He's going to a team with a fantastic set of tackles and a damn good center. If he ends up moving inside, I think it can only help him.

Good Luck to you Tom.

I wish him good luck..he's had his rings...and a TD pass..now the dough!! Good luck!!

Well, that's the end of his VISA commercial carrer. If he got his $ fine, but there doesn't seem to be much of a opening for him on that OL.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Yeah, he's o.k. but no Joe Valerio.

Best of luck to him. He has done well for an undrafted free agent. Didn't even play line until jr. year in college. He did us well, got some rings, and if Pats don't win it, I hope he can with the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News