PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arthur Blank: Bill was never offered the Falcons job.

What the hell? The stuff you just make up is baffling.
He's not wrong that it came down to a few teams, I'd say fewer than five. There were front office personnel that BB wouldn't even consider working with, that lowers his job pool significantly in a business that has very few jobs to begin with.

I don't think BB is stressed at all, if the perfect job isn't here now... wait.

Coaches get fired all the time, the NFL stands for "Not For Long."

Last edited:
Unlike the rest of us, where when looking for a job, we have 100s of openings across the entire country; Bill is looking at only 5 or so openings out of a max. of 32. The people hiring for those openings aren't calling the Patriots HR dept. either. The Owner of the hiring team is calling the Owner of the previous team of employment. These owners meet several times a year and some are friends. This may have happened to Vrabel as well, given the comments from the TEN owner.

Something really bad must've happened between the Krafts and Bill. Bills' arrogance, ignoring Robert when walking past him in the hallway, and his "purported" sabotaging of the team, may have caused Jonathan to shiv Bills' future prospects in the league. This also ensures that Kraft will never have to worry about being accused of making a mistake if Bill ever was successful post-Patriots. Damn, those two small rich dudes are nasty.
not-mad-impressed.gif

Blank is apparently not bright enough to realize that this makes his decision to hire Morris over BB and Vrabel even more moronic.
Because Blank was stupid for not hiring a 72 year old HC who was just fired from an organization where he won 6 superbowls because he was trash the last 4 years?

This required a new thread when there’s a 40 page thread right next door?

Yay, the BB haters can continue celebrating.

BB and Rich McKay don’t get along, if Blank made it clear from the start McKay was entrenched then it was a nonstarter… nothing else needed to be said.

BB will be back next season, and the numbnuts celebrating Bill taking a short vacation will be nowhere to be found.
So Bill getting 0 offers this year means he is going to be in high demand next season at 73?

You might need to lay off the wine
Sad Happy Hour GIF

One of the most successful GM's in the league? No, no, just no. Jerruh has had many a battle with the front office and especially his son, Stephen, who is president.

Stephen has done well to shield Will McClay from being interferred with. McClay, VP of player personnel, has been in charge of the draft since '14.

Stephen literally had to confront Jones and tell him NOT to pick Johnny Manziel. Everyone wanted Zack Martin who turned out to be all-pro. One story has it that Stephen ran up to his father and ripped the draft card out of his hand, and they nearly came to blows. I find this overtly dramatic, but the tension is there and always has been there.

The franchise has managed to slowly pushed Jones out of orbit.

And on top of that, despite the talent they have drafted over the years, they have not been to the NFCC in 29 years.
I know a lot of people laugh at Jerry or whatever Jones is now the GM but that team has talent year in year out and do nothing with it. Romo and Dak weren't/aren't perfect but are both pretty damn good quarterbacks they found mid rounds and undrafted. The last 20 years they have had arguably anywhere from a top 5 to top 10 roster in terms of talent and they can barely win a playoff game with any of them. I know I may not be Team Bill by any means but bringing him into a ready made roster and just letting him set up a weekly game plan I think would have given them a better shot than they have had in a very long time.

I know a lot of people laugh at Jerry or whatever Jones is now the GM but that team has talent year in year out and do nothing with it. Romo and Dak weren't/aren't perfect but are both pretty damn good quarterbacks they found mid rounds and undrafted. The last 20 years they have had arguably anywhere from a top 5 to top 10 roster in terms of talent and they can barely win a playoff game with any of them. I know I may not be Team Bill by any means but bringing him into a ready made roster and just letting him set up a weekly game plan I think would have given them a better shot than they have had in a very long time.
That must have hurt you to admit and I applaud you for saying it. I actually think Dallas is the right spot for Bill too. For a lot of reasons you stated about the talent over the years and just missing something like Jimmy Johnson to bring it together. But also because answering to Jerry Jones as crazy as he may be still is easier than answering to all the other various layers of management in other teams and at the end of the day wether the owner acts as GM or not you still answer to him anyway so by doing it Dallas you at least strip away some of those layers.

It's too bad Jerry didn't pull the trigger this year but it's probably BBs best shot next year maybe only shot unless McCarthy figures things out.

That must have hurt you to admit and I applaud you for saying it. I actually think Dallas is the right spot for Bill too. For a lot of reasons you stated about the talent over the years and just missing something like Jimmy Johnson to bring it together. But also because answering to Jerry Jones as crazy as he may be still is easier than answering to all the other various layers of management in other teams and at the end of the day wether the owner acts as GM or not you still answer to him anyway so by doing it Dallas you at least strip away some of those layers.

It's too bad Jerry didn't pull the trigger this year but it's probably BBs best shot next year maybe only shot unless McCarthy figures things out.
The big issue with Bill in Dallas in my mind is the culture. Jerry makes sure those players are treated like royalty. They are pampered over there. He wants Dallas to be viewed as a place that players want to go to because they will be given the red carpet treatment. That's very different from the culture Bill likes to foster and I have a lot of trouble seeing Jerry letting that go for Bill. Especially if it will ruffle feathers early and players get in Jerry's ear.

If Jerry lets Bill build his culture, then it could work. But I just can't see it being that smooth. All it will take is Dak or some star player to not like that Bill ripped him a new ******* or benched somebody and then Jerry will decide whether he likes what's going on.

I know you staunch Bill defenders need to defend the wall at all times but I honestly wanted Bill to get a job and I really wanted the Eagles or Cowboys to move on from their coaches and have Bill end up there. I feel like with a team already in place he can potentially get them over the hump I just think it is clear he can't build a roster to compete in today's NFL. Jerry may have his faults but he does seem to be loyal to his coaches for longer than he probably should which in theory isn't a bad thing but in this case I think he really cost himself by not trying to bring in Bill and get rid of McCarthy.

Given Bill's age going into the 2025 season, it's going to be tough for any team to want to hire a 73 year old going into that season.

It looks like it's a wrap. If so, Kraft ****ed him royally on Shula's record.

Latest on Bill.

So Bill getting 0 offers this year means he is going to be in high demand next season at 73?
No doubt you'll be back here admitting you were wrong when he gets the job.

Poor falcons fans. Interviewing guys like Bill and Harbaugh only for McKay to get his yes man.

Atlanta has drafted fairly well. Only need to put it together. Seems like they are going backwards but maybe not. We will see.

Again, he wasn't the one who found and drafted those players. It was McClay who found and pushed for Dak. And it was Sean Payton, who was the assistant coach at the time, who advocated strongly for Romo.

Dallas has probably the best scouting department in the NFL and Stephen does a good job of protecting them.

Dallas is Dallas not because of Jerry Jones, but in spite of him.

Period.

Considering your side couldn’t produce any evidence, it’s just more proof of your lack of integrity and maturity to accept loss. You are simply a child trying to hang with men.

We appreciate you as our predecessors appreciated the court jesters
Liar, cheating and dense.

The whole enchilada. Go change your depends.

BB “haters” “celebrating” lol

Weird. I don’t see anyone who hates BB here nor do I see any kind of celebrating.

BB “haters” “celebrating” lol

Weird. I don’t see anyone who hates BB here nor do I see any kind of celebrating.

I AmThe Elephant In The Room. With No Way Out | by Liam Ireland |  ILLUMINATION | Medium

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back