PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arthur Blank: Bill was never offered the Falcons job.

If he would have not only read the headline he would already know that this headline was based on guessing

Thanks you provide proof now

It's not the right job anyways. Bill should've never interviewed for it to begin with. Even though they are a small market, Buffalo is a team Bill should go to or the Cowboys. If I'm Buffalo, Mr. Complainer McDermott is already out the door and Bill is hired to kick that team in the ass. Also, why not torment his former team like Parcells and Belichick did to the Pats in the late 90's?

It's not the right job anyways. Bill should've never interviewed for it to begin with. Even though they are a small market, Buffalo is a team Bill should go to or the Cowboys. If I'm Buffalo, Mr. Complainer McDermott is already out the door and Bill is hired to kick that team in the ass. Also, why not torment his former team like Parcells and Belichick did to the Pats in the late 90's?
The first problem is that both those teams are actually good so the coach isn't likely to get fired unless a big freak dissapointment happens. The Cowboys sort of had one, but they stuck with McCarthy.

Tbh I think the Cowboys job is horrible for Bill for a variety of reasons.

1. Jerry Jones WANTS the team control. That's sort of this thing. Tbf, he's also been one of the most successful GM's in the league for the better part of the last decade. The Cowboys always have a talented squad. So there isn't much incentive to hire Bill if it's anything beyond "you are the coach and do the x's and o's"

2. Jerry had friction with Jimmy Johnson who is a very similar style coach to Bill Belichick AND they are friends. Jerry respects Bill, but if that didn't work I see problems anyways.

3. Jerry Jones takes a **** ton of pride in how Dallas players are treated. He rolls out the red carpet for them and they are treated like royalty from top to bottom in that organization. It's a very "players first" organization. They are very pampered. You could argue it leads to mental weakness come playoff time. Regardless, Bill is the complete opposite of that. He rides players hard and he treats players harshly to try to push them more. That's going to be a significant culture shock and some players are going to push back if that happens and if he has to having growing pains and weed out some bad apples to implement his culture, I really don't see Jerry Jones giving Bill that sort of time and leeway longterm.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Poor falcons fans. Interviewing guys like Bill and Harbaugh only for McKay to get his yes man.

This one is for @Wozzy @One-If-By-Sea and @Triumph who clung onto this alleged offer as proof Bill wasn't left out in the cold.

No offense but it's not all that shocking that Wozzy was willing to buy that obvious nonsense story full stop to save face. If Bill was as in demand as some people think, he'd be working right now.

I didn't even bother arguing with that because I knew as soon as that story hit is was only a matter of time until Blank was asked about it and if it was false, he was never going to let a story fester that his team got left hanging. You just needed to wait to get the top guy disputing it.

The trend this hiring cycle was young coaches with fresh ideas that had a ton of player buy in. That wasn't good for Bill and it frankly wasn't good for Vrabel who looked like a similar type of hire as him.

Poor falcons fans. Interviewing guys like Bill and Harbaugh only for McKay to get his yes man.
Tbf McKay ended up getting moved off football operations. It sounds like Harbaugh was far more invested in the Chargers and they just liked the idea of someone else over Bill.

The offer was not alleged.

Boomer Esiason put his name on it as fact. Which it is.

I guess the only person who could have made that offer is lying and Boomer who has no association with the Falcons is being railroaded.

If Bill was genuinely willing to work with a GM and just coach the Falcons then hiring Raheem Morris over him is a mistake that Arthur Blank will always regret and be left wondering what if, i'm pretty sure of that.

Bill on the Falcons would of made them a story and brought national relevance now they're irrelevant nationally unless they're winning 11-12 games and making the NFCCG.

The age thing wouldn't bother me, so what if you're looking for a coach in 3-4 years there's a 75% chance you're doing that anyway.

How many of these coaching hires survive longer than 5 years? I would of understood if they had hired Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik over Bil and wanted to go in the trendy young offensive mind direction but Raheem Morris and Bill was willing to not have GM duties? Brutal.

Their last season with a winning record was 2017, they went 10-6 and won a playoff game. Since then they have won 39 games in 6 seasons, have been 3rd or 4th in their division each of the past 4 seasons.

It’s hard to take anything they say or do seriously when they hire Morris over Belichick and keep Fontenot in place and pull a transparent CYA scam with McKay (”stepping away” from their football operations for the second time).

The more they talk about what went down with BB the worse they look. I feel bad for their fans.

The offer was not alleged.

Boomer Esiason put his name on it as fact. Which it is.
Yes and whomever told the guy that told the guy that Boomer heard it from was wrong. No offer. One team with interest out of 7 other openings. I appreciate what Bill did here and will root for him on the off chance he gets a job next year but with him and Vrabel being left out in the cold it is clear the league is moving in a new direction. Most NFL owners are billionaire alpha male businessmen. Most front offices have a decent contingent of analytics, quant, and nerds. None of these demographics want another alpha with all the power in the mix.

Bill never wanted the job. What Blank will never tell is that he was blown away by BB, and was giddy to make an offer.

“Well, Bill, I really like the way that went. Let’s keep talking and have you meet a few of our senior leaders.”

Belichick nodded, then in his usual dry, detached manner muttered, “28-3, *****,” and walked out of the building.

His mission accomplished, Bill Belichick’s ultimate mic drop troll job on the Atlanta Falcons was complete.

He really went out of his way to hammer the point lol.

This exercise was a waste of Belichick's time.

I don’t get why any team that isn’t ready to win now would want Belichick. Odds are he is going to retire once he gets Shula’s record. That means he is a two year stopgap. Great if you are close to winning it all. Not so much if you are a team still needing to build.

I’m in Atl….unsurprisingly the city is divided on this.

Most black Atlanta fans believe the Falcons got it right

Most white Fans believe they didn’t.

None of that really matters.

Morris will need to get the Falcons in the playoffs and fast or EVERYONE will turn on him and Blank.

Winner or Loser is what really matters.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back