PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Really Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nervous about only one player and that is Gronkowski. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think the Ravens have anyone (or for that matter anyone in the league) that can cover Gronk. If Brady is playing catch with Gronk, I believe the Ravens strategy will be to TAKE HIM OUT. Yes, I said that. That's the only way they can stop the offense. It serves two purposes. It obviously takes away Tom's favorite target (expecially red zone) and it also demoralizes the entire team when they see Gronk carried away from the field.

If Edelman is gone...you can also take out this O and brady a good amount. Because then you can double Gronk no problem every single play with no free release ect

Gronk is clearly the motor on O behind Brady. But Edelman is right up there. Hell Lafell has been right up there as well. Been so key for us this year. Very good acquisition

Even if it's close in 4th and everyone is nervous..here is this to keep you on the bridge for a bit longer :)
Should be 9 total if the defense holds and welker catches the pass, in our last 2 sbs for 5 sb gw drives [emoji27] and 4 others in the AFC playoffs

Can't sleep. So nervous

Still not nervous, only anxious, I want the game here already.

Don't think I'll be changing my tune either as it gets closer. I'm excited.

I am nervous about only one player and that is Gronkowski. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think the Ravens have anyone (or for that matter anyone in the league) that can cover Gronk. If Brady is playing catch with Gronk, I believe the Ravens strategy will be to TAKE HIM OUT. Yes, I said that. That's the only way they can stop the offense. It serves two purposes. It obviously takes away Tom's favorite target (expecially red zone) and it also demoralizes the entire team when they see Gronk carried away from the field.
I think you'll see Will Hill on Gronk. My guess is the Ravens are going to give up the short stuff and try to make the receivers pay for it. It should be a fun game to watch. And, no, no ones going to delibertly try to take out Gronk. Now a clean legal shot, I'm sure they'll be looking for it.

I think you'll see Will Hill on Gronk. My guess is the Ravens are going to give up the short stuff and try to make the receivers pay for it. It should be a fun game to watch. And, no, no ones going to delibertly try to take out Gronk. Now a clean legal shot, I'm sure they'll be looking for it.

Explain to me how the Ravens score more than 13? Steve Smith the Ravens best player this yr. --- on Revis island. 6'4 Browner on T. Smith with McCourty in support. Balt has great pass rushers but Chandler Jones and Ninko are not exactly terrible themselves.

Forsett was one of the worst runners in the NFL after initial contact. Wilfork, Collins and Hightower will hit him.

Are you saying NE scores fewer than 13 pts?

Explain to me how the Ravens score more than 13? Steve Smith the Ravens best player this yr. --- on Revis island. 6'4 Browner on T. Smith with McCourty in support. Balt has great pass rushers but Chandler Jones and Ninko are not exactly terrible themselves.

Forsett was one of the worst runners in the NFL after initial contact. Wilfork, Collins and Hightower will hit him.

Well, the Ravens average 26 points a game, 3 less than the Pats. Forsett still ran for over 1200 yards with the highest per carry average, so he will get his as long as the Ravens stay with the run. I get that the Pats have a good defense, and no disrespect, but their not the 85' Bears or the 2000 Ravens. If you didn't know, the Ravens gave up less points and yards then the Pats this year but our secondary is quite suspect. After the SD game 2 of the CB's were cut and another set bought in and its made a big difference. Now, we haven't faced a high power offense like you guys but the Steelers were right near the top in offense and we bent but didn't break. I like our chances and can't say I'm nervous. We've been here before and I think the Ravens will be very aggressive on offense, plus I think all the pressure is on you guys this year as we just won a few years ago and really didn't expect to get this far this year with the injuries.

Last edited:
Well, the Ravens average 26 points a game, 3 less than the Pats. Forsett still ran for over 1200 yards with the highest per carry average, so he will get his as long as the Ravens stay with the run. I get that the Pats have a good defense, and no disrespect, but their not the 85' Bears or the 2000 Ravens. If you didn't know, the Ravens gave up less points and yards then the Pats this year but our secondary is quite suspect. After the SD game 2 of the CB's were cut and another set bought in and its made a big difference. Now, we haven't faced a high power offense like you guys but the Steelers were right near the top in offense and we bent but didn't break. I like our chances and can't say I'm nervous. We've been here before. Plus I think all the pressure is on you guys this year.

Fair but the schedule was also easier AND I don't think the Steelers have the secondary NE has. Forsett was good as I had him on my fantasy team but you must admit he wore down by Dec. I agree the Ravens D is fine but if GB could only score 20+ with their O in GB how do the Ravens score more than 13? From Forsett? Keep in mind Pitt had massive TO issues too and no Bell. Is Forsett the answer?

Well..the jets scored 13 on us and in couple of drives went right down the field. Some stupid decisions by geno in the end helped us keep out of the EZ or a FG. Iam sure ravens offense is better. But mobile Qbs give BB trouble so that is a favorable difference in this game.

You know, who knows whats going to happen. I think the Ravens will need some breaks like a fumble or a pick in your territory to help get some points, maybe a long punt or kick off return. I still think it will be a 27-20 game. I won't be surprised reguardless how it turns out, although I'm hoping for a win. my best guess is if both teams play a clean game with no turnovers or dumb penalties you guys win, but thats why they play the games.

Well..the jets scored 13 on us and in couple of drives went right down the field. Some stupid decisions by geno in the end helped us keep out of the EZ or a FG. Iam sure ravens offense is better. But mobile Qbs give BB trouble so that is a favorable difference in this game.

Jets had Ivory who ran through first contact and set up play action I get it and still they didn't break 20 the last game. Ravens don't have a tackle breaking back like Ivory or a mobile QB. Flacco can throw deep but good luck vs Browner and Revis. Again how do they score. I get their D is tough but their O barely scored on Houston and the Jags. Honestly. And Ben did throw from almost 350 vs their D.

You know, who knows whats going to happen. I think the Ravens will need some breaks like a fumble or a pick in your territory to help get some points, maybe a long punt or kick off return. I still think it will be a 27-20 game. I won't be surprised reguardless how it turns out, although I'm hoping for a win. my best guess is if both teams play a clean game with no turnovers or dumb penalties you guys win, but thats why they play the games.

I agree no one knows I just want an explanation. If you re the Ravens OC how do you attack this D? GB scored 26 in GB. With Nelson, Lacy and Cobb. Ravens have nothing close to that trio. I am seriously curious what they do? Trick plays?

Can't sleep. So nervous

You would think you were playing tomorrow :D

What happens when they make the SB. No sleep for a week??

I use to get nervous and worry like you...but the SB losses helped me actually. Nothing I can do will change outcome. Now right before kickoff I do get a bit anxious and if they are losing I do. But not hours before game etc like in the old days.

If pats win this they are going to SB... Indy beats Broncos.. Jesus

I don't get it... Ravens last Six games:

L: SD 34-33
W: MIA 28-13
W: Jax 20-12
L: Hou 25-13
W: Cle 20-10
W: Pit 30-17

I'm sorry but this is down right ridiculous. The Pats win this by 14+ it will never be in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes