PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Really Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it persists over 4 hours, go to your nearest emergency room for a doctor

As heard on the Simpson: "In the event of an erection lasting longer than four hours for god's sake masturbate!"

if I was playing i would be Nervous but i am watching on TV with a bowl of chicken wings and a grilled burger so its all good times for me

I'm not nervous. We have so much to be thankful for. Every year is a good year with the Pats since Brady and Belichick came along. We have it so much better than any other fans in the NFL.

That said, usually I want the Pats to win a hard-fought game where both sides play their best. In this case, with Flacco's strategy of throwing deep and get PI calls, with Suggs obnoxious attitude, and with the Ravens reputation for personal fouls and injuries, I'll be very happy if the Ravens have a bad game and we beat them by a few TDs.

A little bit more than 24 hours for kickoff. I'm really nervous and scared

I guess I am a chicken little :eek:

I feel confident, although I will start to feel nervous a few hours before kickoff...which is when I anticipate I will be opening my first beer :D

I hope time flies by till tomorrow, I was planning to go see the newest Hobbit tonight with my wife but we are in the middle of a decent snowstorm right now

Just excited. Love the playoffs. Can't wait to see NE get out there and do what we all know they can.

You know what? I was. And then I have been listening to national and local media and everyone is making it out like the Pats have no chance and the Ravens will give us so much trouble, etc.

So, I have to remind myself of this:

We have a healthy Gronk, Blount, Edelman, LaFell...probably the best offensive unit we have ever gone up against the Ravens with. Not to mention that the weak point of the Ravens defense is their pass coverage, so if the line can give Brady even a decent amount of time (and this is obviously a HUGE key to the game with the formidable Ravens front seven), I think Tom will smoke these guys.

And our defense is what is had not been in 2009, 2011 or 2012, as well. Lock down corner (Revis), hard hitting secondary (Browner), strong linebackers (Hightower and Collins), Chandler Jones & Ninko playing at a high level.

On top of that, we have the best special teams unit I can remember in recent years.

Another key is stopping their running game and forcing Flacco (which means skinny little ****, in Spanish) to beat us, which I don't think he will.

Add all that up, and I am thinking a close first half as the two teams feel each other out, and then the Pats pulling away in the second half.

Patriots 33, Raven 17.

Last edited:
I'm nervous from September thru February...but yes, I am moderately more nervous right now. But also excited because there's a chance we'll secure a spot in the AFC championship game tomorrow. I think it's a pretty good chance.

Short Answer is yes, but not because of the Ravens, but only because it's a divisional playoff game. Whether we were favored by 15 points or were underdogs by 15 points, I'd still feel the same. Actually it's more like nervous excitement or excited nervousness.

I WANT that 4th ring!!! With so much on the line, who wouldn't be nervous?

A little nervous. Lots of anticipation.

What can you do? I am going to the game... so dress warm and be loud...

I can't predict how it will go.

I was nervous earlier in the week, now I think it will be an easy victory or even a blowout. The matchup everyone is talking about is the Ravens front 7 against the Patriots offensive line, citing that Patriots offensive line has looked week in recent weeks, but in doing so they're forgetting that we had injuries during those weeks. When the offensive line has been healthy as it is now, they have been stellar, including being ranked second in pass protection by FO. They only gave up TWO sacks in November, and just 5 in October. So that Raven's pass rush? It will be limited by strong o-line play and Brady's fast release, just like every good front 7 we've played with a healthy o-line. Given that, Brady and a healthy Gronk, Edelman, LaFell, Vareen etc should be able to tear apart one of the league's worst secondaries.

When the Ravens have the ball, while our o-line is getting healthy theirs is getting banged up. With Rick Wagner on IR, the right side of their offensive line goes from being a strength to a weakness. They won't be able to run the ball to the right nearly as effectively as during the regular season. Meanwhile, their pass protection has also been impacted by the loss, as even an aging James Harrison was able to get pressure on Flacco. Oh, speaking of "Jump Ball Joe", the Patriots elite secondary has been preparing all week for his patented "Underthrow deep balls and pray for Pass Interference". That may have worked against the Steelers' scrub secondary, and Patriots scrub secondaries of the past, but with the likes of Revis, Browner, and McCourty I think it's more likely to turn into a play going the other way, or at least an incompletion. Plus a healthy Chandler Jones should be able to give Flacco fits in the pocket, and not even give him time to make those throws. So with the running game slowed down and the deep passing game neutralized, that leaves just the short/intermediate game, which Flacco struggles with, and Jamie Collins excels at defending.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
Finally, the Pats have the best special teams in the league. Look for big plays there.

Overall, I expect this game to not even be close. 34-7 Patriots. book it.

[/homer]

I think this is the best Patriot team to take the field for a playoff game since 2007.
Interestingly, I don't think that's even debatable, and thats on a team that has been pretty good since.

I think this is the best Patriot team to take the field for a playoff game since 2007.
Interestingly, I don't think that's even debatable, and thats on a team that has been pretty good since.

I'm surprised that the media hasn't run with the story line of "Best Patriots team since 2007 and that team almost lost to the 5 win Ravens! The Ravens know how to win against New England!!"

this should make you NOT nervous:

Adam RANK (who?!?) says Ravens going to SB....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ld-card-analysis-divisional-round-predictions

I have a lot of respect for the New England Patriots, but this is going to be a tough draw for them. Joe Flacco has topped a passer rating over 100 in five consecutive playoff games. The Patriots are 12-3 at home in the playoffs under Tom Brady. Two of those losses were to the Ravens, though. This will be a close game. I just have a feeling the Ravens will win this one. That's the analysis. The Ravens always find a way to pressure Brady. John Harbaugh is one of the most underrated coaches in the league. Wow. The Ravens are going to the Super Bowl again. They sleepwalk through the season, but turn it on huge in the postseason.

This guys is AWFUL at picking games...

I agree it's the best we have had since 2007, but I think we could argue the 2010 team was pretty close to the current team.

Unfortunately, that's not a guarantee of playoffs success. The 2007 team had a hard time getting to the Super Bowl (that AFC Championship game was no gimme) and the 2010 team was one-and-done....so, yes, I'm a bit nervous !

The deeper we go..the more nervous i will get...Div round is just a warm up for us :D

When stakes are higher...that's when i start pacing during the game and sit on the edge of my seat. If they lose before winning SB this year or reaching SB his year (hopefully not until next Aug) i will be taking a break from the forum for a couple of weeks like last time. But i plan on being back on here when i get home from the game tomorrow!

As heard on the Simpson: "In the event of an erection lasting longer than four hours for god's sake masturbate!"

Or find a better woman, for crying out loud!!!

Can't wait for the game to get started!!!!! I will be nervous come game time, but right now, I am tired of waiting all week. lol

Can't wait for the game to get started!!!!! I will be nervous come game time, but right now, I am tired of waiting all week. lol

I hope the stadium is loud... Due to past history and the cold weather it probably won't be

I'm surprisingly getting more confident as the game approaches. Beyond health, the one thing I haven't seen a single person mention is that NE's season ending offensive struggles are almost entirely isolated to road games. GB, SD and the Jets were all away and all within four weeks of each other. Yes, NE struggled for 20 minutes against Miami, but they moved the ball quickly on their opening drive and pushed Miami around after half-time.

A more competent performance against Buffalo would tie a tidy bow on this narrative, but there are obvious reasons to discount that game.

I have a feeling that the week off and playing at home will put a charge into their performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST