PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Really Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like every game in the postseason, I get the butterflies the night before the game.

As one of my pre-game quirks, I watch a particular movie as a sort of "good-luck" ritual. I did this the night before the 2011 AFC Championship and the Patriots won. Did not do this the following year (loss) and waited until the morning of in 2013 (loss).

I think I will watch the movie tonight, seeing how the Patriots play tomorrow.

Like every game in the postseason, I get the butterflies the night before the game.

As one of my pre-game quirks, I watch a particular movie as a sort of "good-luck" ritual. I did this the night before the 2011 AFC Championship and the Patriots won. Did not do this the following year (loss) and waited until the morning of in 2013 (loss).

I think I will watch the movie tonight, seeing how the Patriots play tomorrow.

What movie?

I'm nervous but pumped I'm ready to go lets just kick the ball off already!

I am nervous their awful team injures one of our key players. I hope Blount runs over Suggs. T sizzle is a joke.

Not really nervous, very excited to see what we can do tomorrow with 2 weeks off and the last week of prep for this game. Cannot wait till kickoff!!!

GO PATS

Tomorrow better go better than tonight has...dishwasher **** the bed, whiny six month old (both bottom teeth broke through, should be over this, wtf), half of the first batch of bread bowls didn't rise...ffs

Also need to add a heart felt FU to whatever ****** installed the hot water shutoff under my sink AFTER the dishwasher...SMFH

If Wendell is struggling tomorrow I will drive my fat ass over at half tine to take his place...Just a little anger needs to be unleashed here

Last edited:
so nervous.. d%#*!@t

Sooooooo hyped for this game tomorrow. If the pats play a good game, it shouldn't be close.

It is the postseason, though, so I expect a close game (less than a td). Lets see what we're made of. If this team is destined for the Superbowl, we will see it tomorrow afternoon.

Lets ****ing go boys!!!!

I wanna see an F5 Gronknado tomorrow and revis island as desolate as can be!

Pats are going to lay down a serious ***-kicking tomorrow. It'll be close the 1st 1/2. That's the way they have operated all year. 14-7...13-10

...and then all hell breaks loose.

34-17 Pats.

I was more nervous about this game earlier in the week... But as the week went on and I thought about it............We are just flat out better than the ravens in every area. Also the fact we have a defense that is actually capable of getting stops at key moments has me confident. If we play just close to our potential, the ravens will be powerless to stop it. Pats win by 10plus points.

I am the type of guy that is like in the beer commercials (the one that goes to the basement, his team scores, then keeps going there because he fears that if he comes back up his team will loose, lol). Anyways, I know people are saying this is the best team since 2007, but I think that this team is actually closer to the 2003-4 teams because of the secondary. From 2007 onward, and especially 2009 onward I have had less faith in the secondary. Bill does a phenomenal job hiding the deficiencies, but at the end talented teams and WR's have made the Pats pay because the lack that shut down corner. A play here or there and that was it for the game. One could argue that in 2007 we had A. Samuel, though very good, he was not a Ty Law or Revis. I would say Revis is even better than Law.

Anyways, I am nervous, but more of an anxious nervous as I think that the only way the Pats loose is if we loose on special teams (like a kickoff or punt return for a TD), or a replication of 2009 when Rice took off on one of the 1st play's of the games for a TD, followed by a quick interception and another TD resulting in a 14-0 deficiency within minutes. Other than something like that, I suspect that our defense will actually be better than the Raven's defense not only in pass rush, but in preventing big plays down the field. The Raven's might keep it close, for a quarter or so, but the Pats start making some separation by the second quarter, and then the defense comes up with a couple of turnovers resulting in the game going out of reach in the second half.

This is the 1st time since 2004 that I have faith in the team winning a game because of defense. We can win this game 13-7, as we have the defense to do so. We also have the personnel to dump 40+ points quickly. I would be shocked if the Ravens go Kansas City on us but not surprised one bit if we go KC on them.

Let's all be honest here, we need a good game from our QB as well, often it is sacrilegious around here to talk about his play but we got no shot if he is off....

Iam always nervous but our play in the last few weeks of the regular season has me worried even more. This is not the typical pats teams of november/december of the past. Hopefully they are not lazy/lethargic in this game as they have been in the past few games and play with confidence. And not overcoach themselves which I think this team is prone to do a lot.

Pats are going to lay down a serious ***-kicking tomorrow. It'll be close the 1st 1/2. That's the way they have operated all year. 14-7...13-10

...and then all hell breaks loose.

34-17 Pats.

I agree. First half will be close. Pats with 7 pts lead at halftime..then i think we really pour it on in 2nd half. Also...i want the ball after halftime...BAD. So win that toss because ravens will do the same thing

I am nervous about only one player and that is Gronkowski. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think the Ravens have anyone (or for that matter anyone in the league) that can cover Gronk. If Brady is playing catch with Gronk, I believe the Ravens strategy will be to TAKE HIM OUT. Yes, I said that. That's the only way they can stop the offense. It serves two purposes. It obviously takes away Tom's favorite target (expecially red zone) and it also demoralizes the entire team when they see Gronk carried away from the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST