PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Concerned about Wilfork's Weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned. He is morbidly obese and that does not say much for his long-term future. This is unfortunate because he seems like a really good guy that has a wonderful family who cares more about Vince as a father, husband etc. than as a football player.

Put down the junk food America! Obesity is ravaging our great country.

I wonder if Wilfork could out-eat Man vs Food guy.

Bingo. He used to get winded jogging off the field on 3rd down.

But he was a quick, agile bastard for weighing 370 pounds or whatever it was that he weighed. :D

I like Vince but he is definetly out of shape.The guy got a nice contract and he should be in better shape.

When I look at the g-men lineman, we look small compared. Keep eating Vince.:eat1:

I don't like to preach about nutrition and fitness (we are all adults) but let me just say buy a pedometer right now and then make sure you are walking 6-9 miles a week.

Just a mile a day.:)

I like Vince but he is definetly out of shape.The guy got a nice contract and he should be in better shape.

Why do people think nose tackles should eat like fashion models? No one is familiar with the nose tackles job?

If Wilfork wasn't in good enough shape to play the nose, why would he also be our most effective end, a position that requires more mobility?

Maybe look up nose tackle on wikipedia.:confused:

Wilfork passed the conditioning drills in preseason.

That's all that matters to the team.

Maybe some of our fans need liposuction on their heads

I'm not any concerned about him now than I was last year.

I'd say, like others have mentioned, my concern is more for his long-term health than his current ability. Aside from being a Hurricane, he seems like a great guy off the field and I'd hate to see his life cut short from carrying so much weight during his professional years.

I know the weight is bad for knees and back, etc but can a person not be that heavy and still be in shape from a cardiovascular stand point? If he is eating enough *healthy* calories a day to maintain his weight, would his health still be an issue?

These are hypotheticals of course, just because I am curious. The reality is a lot of these big guys probably don't eat that many calories without eating bad fats and lots of sugars.

For Vince the Patriot: It's between you and BB.

For Vince the human being: Dude, lose some weight so you have a better chance of spending time with your grandchildren. That's what's important here.

And man boobs.

Indeed. Moobs should be the primary concern here. Here's how I would rank them if I were to do it by level of concern...

1. Moobs
2. Heart
3. Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick