PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else worry about injuries again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Maybe the biggest thing that killed us this past season were the amount and magnitude of injuries suffered by Patriots (don't forget to update your list with Brady's hernia, BTW). It was just plain ridiculous what BB had to work with when it came to guys unable to play. Personally, it got to the point for me that whenever a play ended and somebody didn't get up right away my heart stopped.

This time last season, I'm sure nobody was like, "I think we're gonna suffer a ton of injuries next year". I also realize there's a random factor in it all, and you can't very well predict how many injuries you're gonna have, or who's gonna suffer them.

But I do worry that if it could happen this year, it could happen next year.

So anybody have any thoughts on this? I figured it could make a half decent discussion; what were the factors that contributed to last year's injuries, and how many of those factors are we going to be representing next year? Is there anything that can be done in the draft to help? Or is this all just complete dumb luck?

It's luck. Pray that Brady does not get injured like Testaverde back when the Jets had a contending team or Palmer in the playoffs. Injuries ruin the game.

Injuries....

Injuries are a part of football... Always have been, always will be. I Like our team when its basicly healthy, I feel they can line up with anyone on the planet. Get better fast! Rondey! :rocker:

I'm figuring that thier due for a year with fewer injuries.

Of course it could happen. Or not. We aren't injury prone. We aren't due for a healthy season. What's happened has happened and next year we just have to hope for better luck.

Feep_FLA said:
Injuries are a part of football... Always have been, always will be. I Like our team when its basicly healthy, I feel they can line up with anyone on the planet. Get better fast! Rondey! :rocker:
his name is actually rodney

rondey or rodney?

Thanx, PWC, it was a typo..... Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I know his name is rodney harrison dangerfield.

we root for the patriots, going off of what history tells us we will be in the 40 different starter range next season.

BelichickFan said:
Of course it could happen. Or not. We aren't injury prone. We aren't due for a healthy season. What's happened has happened and next year we just have to hope for better luck.

I really think these things do tend to even out over time (just like fumbles and bad calls)......if ever we were due for an injury free season, our time is indeed upon us in 2006.

NO MORE INJURIES please - if that happens we will show the NFL how truly dominant this highly talented team really is. As well as we played in 2004 even though we were injured, an injury free 2006 would be that much better. 19-0 baby!!

I have been curious because we extended our seasons for two years in a row, the players did not have sufficient time to recover and took an additional pounding for a longer period of time, contributed to our rash of injuries.

I am curious if a shorter season, more recovery and relaxation time will mean less injuries?

Have to accept injuries as part of the game and hope we have better luck this year. Last season we were fat and happy after the off season moves and looked to be in good shape - so you never know. Think all we can do is focus on adding depth at our weakest positions which turned out to be LBs and DBs and any other areas that might need help.

GJAJ15 said:
I have been curious because we extended our seasons for two years in a row, the players did not have sufficient time to recover and took an additional pounding for a longer period of time, contributed to our rash of injuries.

I am curious if a shorter season, more recovery and relaxation time will mean less injuries?

Two things will help this year IMO. First, as you point out, we'll have had more offseason time to recover. Secondly, we won't have the target of being the World Champs(sigh) on our backs! :cool:

I worry about injuries (or lack of receovery) to Starks or Poole. I would prefer not use up $5M of cap room for them to be on IR again.

I hope that this is a cycle thing and we are over the cycle. I don't think that we can point to anything that causes the injuries.

After two years of more than average injuries, we are due for a better year in 2006. It that happens, watch out NFL.

I always worry about injury, but mostly when we have to play at Heinz field. Someone is always suffering a season-ending injury on that crappy field....I hate it. I am going to be hoping and praying we get out of there unscathed (we do have to play there next year, don't we?)

What was so annoying about this year was getting smacked with injuries while teams like the Colts sailed through without so much as a scratch until much later in the season. But it didn't make too much of a difference for them, so I actually find that more amusing than annoying now.

We have huge injury numbers every year. Hello, every year. That means we need at least one more starting-quality OL, at least one more RB, probably we could say this about every position.

Bella*chick said:
I always worry about injury, but mostly when we have to play at Heinz field. Someone is always suffering a season-ending injury on that crappy field....I hate it. I am going to be hoping and praying we get out of there unscathed (we do have to play there next year, don't we?)

Thanks to the Bengals, the Pats will not play the Squealers in the regular season. :)

What was so annoying about this year was getting smacked with injuries while teams like the Colts sailed through without so much as a scratch until much later in the season. But it didn't make too much of a difference for them, so I actually find that more amusing than annoying now.

Well, when was the last time you heard someone say "The Colts play a physical game"? :enranged:

Every team gets injuries though it has seemed like we have gotten more than our fair share recently. But that is why you build good depth and develop your younger players. It seems whenever we have someone go down we always have someone who is able to go in there and make things happen. That is a big reason why we have been so good the last few years, we haven't let injuries ruin our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back