PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one that's weirded out by this? (Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patjew said:
My friends and colleagues in China love the NBA and wear replica jerseys. And that started before Yao Ming came here.

OK. So, what does Reebok have in mind with the Chinese number on the Brady jersey (on sale at the pro shop)? Is that just for stupid Americans, or would Chinese people relate to it better than the regular No. 12?

Patjew said:
My friends and colleagues in China love the NBA and wear replica jerseys. And that started before Yao Ming came here.

Want to sell NFL shirts in China, my friend? Put the words Dynasty and Patriots on the shirt. The Chinese are wild for a good dynasty. You'll sell like a billion shirts. You'll thank me later.

BelichickFan said:
I hate the fact that my favorite team is leading the way in this crap :mad:

Agreed! Plus the fact that long trip will screw them up for the regular season! I would keep Tedy home, he had his stroke after the long trip back Hawaii. I would probably keep Tommy home too!

Patriotic said:
Want to sell NFL shirts in China, my friend? Put the words Dynasty and Patriots on the shirt. The Chinese are wild for a good dynasty. You'll sell like a billion shirts. You'll thank me later.

I hate to bring this up, but the "red" throwback jersey will probably sell better there.

Tunescribe said:
I hate to bring this up, but the "red" throwback jersey will probably sell better there.

Red in China? We can't go wong!

njpatsfan said:
I guess that leaves Stephen Hawkings as the only one that has to look out.

R

Or Sophie Hawkins- damn - female - she's safe.

PATSNUTme said:
Or Sophie Hawkins- damn - female - she's safe.

Touch her and Artrell will be on your ^%$#%$.

Tunescribe said:
'
I think you're on to something about Brady's Chinese jersey. The sideways 11 symbolizes Bledsoe after he was knocked out by Moe Lewis. the + symbol indicaates how much of an improvement Brady was after he took over the job. It definitely IS symbolic! :)

Right on. I'm going to buy one of those jerseys and mount it on the wall next to my TV screen. It will perfect the "Feng Shui" of the room.

kwf said:
ChineseT.jpg

If they come out with Patriots Transformers I'll actually be jazzed. That's what that shirt reminds me of, for some reason.

Tunescribe said:
What's more, the Chinese use OUR NUMBERING SYSTEM for jerseys/shirts used in international athletic competitions. This who episode is starting to smell like week-old chop suey. You'd think that getting a team in Los Angeles would be higher priority.

"OUR NUMBERING SYSTEM"? LOL. There's no such thing. It is the INTERNATIONAL numbering system, which means every country is using it. Putting the chinese characters on the back of the jersey is like putting "Twelve" on the back here. It's not totally weird but I sure haven't seen any one of those anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back