PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All the Patriots cuts merged mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Damione Lewis Cut

Fortunately after the last RB BB took in the 1st round I doubt he does it again anytime soon. BB knows that he has focused way too much on finesse the last few years and needs to get back to winning the trench battle on both sides of the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 of their first 4 picks are offensive/defensive linemen next year.

Agreed, but how many previous drafts full of DL and/or OL could he take? Especially with the depth we had up until this year.

Damn, it goes away quick doesn't it? Even so, everyone it seemed always second guessed when he drafted another lineman early.

Re: Patriots Cuts

Who is looking for TE help right now? I haven't looked around the league, so I don't know..

I know that the RAMS are in serious need of good WRs.. That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins dealt for a conditional 6th..

If Jenkins is cut Rams get first dibs, they don't have to trade for anyone who will be cut.

Just look at Mike Shanahan's career. He's shown that good linemen + a good blocking scheme can make undrafted running backs look like probowlers.

Fortunately after the last RB BB took in the 1st round I doubt he does it again anytime soon. BB knows that he has focused way too much on finesse the last few years and needs to get back to winning the trench battle on both sides of the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 of their first 4 picks are offensive/defensive linemen next year.

Amen, and AMEN, Brother!! :cool:

RB's are VASTLY overrated in Drafts, and Linemen are vastly UNDERRATED, on BOTH sides of the Ball.

By GOD, I hope you're right, and Coach B II LOADS UP on TrenchMen, next year!! :rocker:

Agreed, but how many previous drafts full of DL and/or OL could he take? Especially with the depth we had up until this year.

Damn, it goes away quick doesn't it? Even so, everyone it seemed always second guessed when he drafted another lineman early.

Not ME.

TrenchMen Win SuperBowls.

It IS that simple. :cool:

I hope that we grab a DE in the first next year but then draft a RB immediately. There will be a huge hole at the RB position next year and they can't just take chances with a guy later on. C'mon, you guys are acting like it isn't even important. There have been plenty of high drafted RB's that are now defining the offense of their team. How much more dangerous would our passing game be with an actual threat at RB?

Who the hell is/was Carson Butler?

Carson Kressley's man servant?

signed to be the 5th TE in the preseason...

I can't even remember hearing his name until yesterday!

This must be a good sign for B Deaderick? Just looking at Curran's 53 from the other night, he had D Lewis making it, with Pats "try(ing) to slip" Deaderick to practice squad; maybe now they won't have to take that risk?

I hope that we grab a DE in the first next year but then draft a RB immediately. There will be a huge hole at the RB position next year and they can't just take chances with a guy later on. C'mon, you guys are acting like it isn't even important. There have been plenty of high drafted RB's that are now defining the offense of their team. How much more dangerous would our passing game be with an actual threat at RB?

I want Mark Ingram with the Raiders pick (should it be low enough), personally. He and Maroney (should he be a Patriot after 2010) would form a pretty vaunted backfield if our O-Line can open up holes for them.

I want Mark Ingram with the Raiders pick (should it be low enough), personally. He and Maroney (should he be a Patriot after 2010) would form a pretty vaunted backfield if our O-Line can open up holes for them.

I love Ingram, but I'd take Ryan Williams instead.

Elite pass-rusher is our biggest need. If the Oakland pick isn't high enough. Then, we must trade up for one. Will make some of these young guys on defense a lot better if we can generate a pass rush.

I am thinking that Deadrick is going to make the cut,,He played with the second unit against Atlanta, and managed to not look inept, stayed on his feet, fairly active.

How's that for a scouting report "not inept"?

This must be a good sign for B Deaderick? Just looking at Curran's 53 from the other night, he had D Lewis making it, with Pats "try(ing) to slip" Deaderick to practice squad; maybe now they won't have to take that risk?

I am thinking that Deadrick is going to make the cut,,He played with the second unit against Atlanta, and managed to not look inept, stayed on his feet, fairly active.

How's that for a scouting report "not inept"?

Comes perilously close to damning with faint praise.

Just look at Mike Shanahan's career. He's shown that good linemen + a good blocking scheme can make undrafted running backs look like probowlers.

HUH?? BB know he's focused way too much on finesse the last few years? What are you talking about? Seriously...

You have to go back to 2006 to find a draft that could be considered "focusing too much on finesse". You also have to take into consideration who was still left ont he board when they drafted as well as whether or not the Pats had O-line and D-line players rated at those spots..

In the last 3 drafts, the Pats have taken18 players who were LBers, TEs, O-line, and D-line. That's 18 of 31 (58%). 10 of those 18 were taken in the 1st 4 rounds..

I'd hardly call that focusing too much on "finesse".

The way they word it is kind of funny to me. What if I knew an NFL player and told him he was released? It would be 100% true for a reporter to say that "he was told he was released", even though he's still on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe