PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All the Patriots cuts merged mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing that Eric Alexander has been released...

Last edited:
Eric Alexander released as well per his twitter account.

Helps insure that McKenzie makes the team. Hopefully it also means we have other young ST stars.

Just remember that the Pats have been known to "set the 53" by the deadline, only to change it the next day..

Damn. I never thought of it that way :eek:

Hopefully Eric managed his money well. He's also a shadow roster candidate and as an experienced but young vet will be at least considered by other teams.

Just remember that the Pats have been known to "set the 53" by the deadline, only to change it the next day..

BB has said as much. He has said "the wheels will be in motion until early next week." Can't remember where this comes from. I think Reiss.

Yeah, sorry about my previous statement. I mean, I didn't want him making the 53, but I hope he finds a job with another team. I feel like a total **** now :bricks:

I felt all along that Alexander and Slater would not make the team. Best of luck to Eric. Waiting on the Slater cut or he could be put on IR maybe.

Nothing against either player I just think we have better people at those positions.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about my previous statement. I mean, I didn't want him making the 53, but I hope he finds a job with another team. I feel like a total **** now :bricks:

No worries, that's likely tame in comparison to other opinions, especially those who begged for Cassel to be cut two years ago (myself being one of them). I think we all have to remember that at the end of the day, these are normal people like ourselves who need to pay for the roof over their heads and to put food on the table for the kids. Yes they're highly paid, but there's no guarantee it will last forever.

I felt all along that Alexander and Slater would not make the team. Best of luck to Eric. Waiting on the Slater cut or he could be put on IR maybe.

Why not IR the guy and give him one last shot next year? It's Kraft's money, not mine. :)

I might be wrong, but I don't see Slater going anywhere right now.

I don't have him on my 53, but Bill likes him and we wont lose that many former Special Teamers as we can't afford to have a whole new Special Teams unit. Gotta have players who've got real gameday experience as a Special Teamer on the 53.

Hopefully Eric managed his money well. He's also a shadow roster candidate and as an experienced but young vet will be at least considered by other teams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Alexander end up in Cleveland within a couple days.

Hearing that Eric Alexander has been released...

Source? I get tweets from Reiss, Rappaport, WEEI, and they aren't saying anything. Those guys usually hear it first.

Ross Tucker put a world of understanding into his 140 characters this morning:

"Final cut day in the NFL. Been retired 3 years & thought of it still makes me sick. Hundreds of lifelong dreams being crushed today."
Ross Tucker (SI_RossTucker) on Twitter

Alexander always seemed like a decent, hard-working guy and I'm sure we all wish him well. But there's no denying that it feels good to see new blood on that ILB depth chart.

Meanwhile...my bullheaded insistence since draft day that Brandon Deaderick has a real shot at the roster is looking better and better! (I'm so seldom right, I have to stop and smell the roses this time. Especially since I could be proved wrong within minutes. :bricks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back