PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Thoughts on Early Cuts and the 53-Man Roster

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Thoughts on Early Cuts and the 53-Man Roster
Steve Balestrieri
I know tackles are needed because of injury/illness, but I wasn’t a fan of trading Pierre Strong after just one season.

The post Thoughts on Early Cuts and the 53-Man Roster appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Almost perfect.

Releasing Kevin Harris and keeping only three RBs is irregular. Big gamble.

Keeping Mack Wilson seems like a luxury with Magnificent Mapu, Mr Superman. I’d actually swap him with Calvin Munson. Wilson not Mapu.

And like most people you have us keeping Atonio Mafi and releasing Chasen Hines. Why?

Hines could be our RG if Onwenu is kicked out to RT.

Hines I trust more than the inexperienced Mafi.

It sucks we have to keep two OTs that we haven’t seen. The guy from Illinois (college) and Vikings is definitely a keeper, though.

Tyrone Wheatley is a curious case. Treated like royalty at Meechigan, where his dad was a legendary RB, he was a TE with fabulous size and oodles of athleticism. Sky-high potential for the Walverines to drool over.

But it was never realized. Never came close to making it happen. Then he transferred out to tiny schools to seemingly hide out.

Wayne State.

Now he’s gained 60 pounds and is learning his craft as a pro. He has that kind of physical potential. Like a first-rounder’s.

I’m just more worried about what’s going in between his ears. Or the lack thereof.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Early Cuts and the 53-Man Roster
Steve Balestrieri
I know tackles are needed because of injury/illness, but I wasn’t a fan of trading Pierre Strong after just one season.

The post Thoughts on Early Cuts and the 53-Man Roster appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Not a big Mack Wilson fan. Rather keep Perkins for edge. Like Munson also but he will stay for PS. Also release Rieffe and keep either Hines or Ameer Speed.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back