PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All the Patriots cuts merged mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D. Lewis cut

According to both Schefter and LaConfora.

Cut for one week and brought back?

I would rather have Jerry Lewis sign with the team than Damione re-sign

That is unless the Labor Day Telethon tires him out to come in for a physical :bricks:

Re: Damione Lewis Cut

Ty is hurt. He's not dead!

Really though, if Brace pans out we'll be fine with TWarren/Wilfork/Brace. I'd rather take an elite pass rushing OLB.

Apparently Hey Bro doesn't remember the glory days of Steve Martin.

The RB situation is going to be just as horrid so we may see them go that way as well
The RB situation is the same it's been for years now, which is in top 33% of the league. Their only problem is injuries. We will be getting a new back but I don't see us spending a first round pick on a guy who will play in a committee.

The real issue with the running game is the interior line. I expect multiple linemen to be drafted next year, with at least one coming in the 1st or 2nd round. A new center and guard would do a lot for this team.

Last edited:

The RB situation is the same it's been for years now, which is in top 25% of the league. Their only problem is injuries. We will be getting a new back but I don't see us spending a first round pick on a guy who will play in a committee.

The real issue with the running game is the interior line. I expect multiple linemen to be drafted next year, with at least one coming in the 1st or 2nd round. A new center and guard would do a lot for this team.

I wish this was true. Unfortunately, I believe that F. Taylor, Morris and Faulk are 3 of the oldest 4 running backs currently in the NFL. BJGE seems to lack the burst and speed of an NFL back and aside from holding little press conferences recently where he calls himself "special" and that he "has the stuff", Maroney has never rushed for 850 yards in a season and is injury and fumble prone.

Apparently Hey Bro doesn't remember the glory days of Steve Martin.

steve-martin-40971.jpg

HELLO!

D. Lewis cut

I said he would be cut in the game thread last night. Didn't do much in the games, chasing plays.

Too bad about Damione. Really liked him from his one appearance on WEEI. Not so much on the field, I guess.

Last edited:
Re: Patriots Cuts

Rob Myers and Carson Butler have both been told they have been waived according to Reiss

The RB situation is going to be just as horrid so we may see them go that way as well
You can deal with a RBBC with 3 or so average players. They need a presence next to Wilfork moreso than anything else.

I asked Ian Rappaport, via twitter, if he thought Lewis could come back after week 1, he was pretty definitive...

"NOPE"

Myers will be picked up by another team.

For sure. Definitely skilled from what we saw last night and Reiss has beein singing his praises all camp.

Rob Myers and Carson Butler have both been told they have been waived according to Reiss

Damn, Myers looked good last night.

For sure. Definitely skilled from what we saw last night and Reiss has beein singing his praises all camp.

Who is looking for TE help right now? I haven't looked around the league, so I don't know..

I know that the RAMS are in serious need of good WRs.. That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins dealt for a conditional 6th..

Damn, Myers looked good last night.

Which is why he likely won't be around...

Here's to hoping he isn't grabbed by another team and he lands on the PS again.

I asked Ian Rappaport, via twitter, if he thought Lewis could come back after week 1, he was pretty definitive...

"NOPE"

Great hustle by you, thanks.

You can deal with a RBBC with 3 or so average players. They need a presence next to Wilfork moreso than anything else.

I am not quite sure if ANY of our current RBs will be signed next season...IIRC they are all in thier last seasons and Faulk will probably retire in 2011

We will be rebuilding that area next season and IMO it starts with a highly heralded RB who will likley have to be picked early..
if not the 1st then the 2nd round

"NOPE"

Even with Brace being so out of shape?

just kidding
[lol Ian had the theory that since someone once failed a physical due to being unable to pass the conditioning test, that meant that Brace wasn't really injured, he was way out of shape and couldn't pass the test given two weeks.]

Last edited:

Price just tweeted his confirmation of Myers and C. Butler being waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back