PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron rodgers 50 td record

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen their last three games, and did not think he was having to make extraordinary throws on the regular basis that Brady did last year.

Again, the throw to Nelson was insane, and I'm not denying Rodgers accuracy is consistently tops in the league this year, maybe outside of Brees, who has impressed me more in the last few weeks. But a lot of his other throws are just ones that he, and guys like Brady or Brees, should be expected to make. And then there's a huge chunk of throws that I think Curtis Painter could make.

Much like the Patriots in 2007, teams can simply not cover all of the Packers receivers.

Uhh no. I agree with most of this post except that part.

Rodgers consistently makes pretty good passes to his receivers. Don't forget how he almost always buys his receivers extra time by running out of the pocket and throwing on the run. I really believe that aaron rodgers pocket presence is one of the best i have seen, on par with brady.

What is so scary about rodgers is no matter how many times he gets sacked or hit... it never fazes him. Ever.

I still don't get how some of you patriot fans can hate on this kid. I mean brady's his ******* role model for christ sake. You can also see in his game that brady has influenced him. He is so ******* calm under pressure, its ridiculous.

Barring injury... and since this packers squad will be staying with rodgers for atleast 3-4 years... rodgers will be a top 5 QB IMO

What a stupid picture of him. I love how people make fun of Brady's hair, yet Dumb and Dumber gets a free pass.

people make fun of brady because of all his success, and because NE became very hated due to the scandal

rodgers is so much more brash and ****y than brady has or ever will be, and yeah he does get a big pass

give GB some kind of scandal, even if it's the "rodgers didn't stop to give a fan of his an autograph" and you'll see the media try and turn on him....

If Rodgers beats the record hats off, the guy's playing amazing.

I don't by into the surrounded by talent BS, a lot of QB's are surrounded by talent and haven't matched his performance.

He has nice touch for the short ball, a great long ball, accurate on the run and works his ***** off to build chemistry with the receiving core. Also very relaxed and patient, he made it look effortless in the final minutes of that Giants game going 4 for 4 with 3 killer completions to get in field goal range.

It's hard to game plan for QB's like Rodgers, Brees or Brady, they'll take a beating, struggle a bit, dust themselves off and start having target practice on opposing D's.

Their receiving core is loaded at depth and strikes any part of the field with the short, medium and long ball, tough passing game to plan for. They're crap at D and rushing sitting at 29th(averaging 96yds a game)

Fun watching these guy's that's for sure.

Last edited:
Uhh no. I agree with most of this post except that part.

Rodgers consistently makes pretty good passes to his receivers. Don't forget how he almost always buys his receivers extra time by running out of the pocket and throwing on the run. I really believe that aaron rodgers pocket presence is one of the best i have seen, on par with brady.

What is so scary about rodgers is no matter how many times he gets sacked or hit... it never fazes him. Ever.

I still don't get how some of you patriot fans can hate on this kid. I mean brady's his ******* role model for christ sake. You can also see in his game that brady has influenced him. He is so ******* calm under pressure, its ridiculous.

Barring injury... and since this packers squad will be staying with rodgers for atleast 3-4 years... rodgers will be a top 5 QB IMO

I like Rodgers, but it's really their fans that I hate, and Im sure many are on the same boat here... He's great but saying he's surpassed Brady already(yes I've heard this) is just dumb.

So what if he breaks the record.

You have to admit that with 50+ seconds left on the clock that he was gonna drive down the field and put them in position to beat the Giants. You just knew it was coming.

Anything under, say, 20 seconds and that is leaving him with a tough task. But if this kid has as much as a ~ minute and three timeouts, he is lethal. And lets go ahead and give some credit to the wideouts, they and him are in the same sentence, let alone on the same page. Dialed in, big time.

It's fun to watch, as fans let's just go ahead and enjoy it...

I think the record will get broken soon, maybe not this year, or next but it will. And then that record will get broken. It has nothing to do with any skill set being better than Tom, but the fact that every year it becomes less and less possible to actually play any type of Defense.

Regardless of how many touchdowns he ends up with IMHO there's no question that Rodgers is playing at a higher level than Brady did in 07.

Huh, what? Brady led the Pats to 16-0 and tossed 50 TDs.
There are still 4 games left to play. Of course there is a question that Rodgers is as good or as you claim better when there are still 4 games left to go.

What a stupid picture of him. I love how people make fun of Brady's hair, yet Dumb and Dumber gets a free pass.

...and he deserves that free pass. As much as I love TFB he never sported the Jesus.

aaron-rodgers.jpg

...and he deserves that free pass. As much as I love TFB he never sported the Jesus.

aaron-rodgers.jpg

Good grief, he's a chameleon. I've seen him sporting at least five different looks, none all that flattering.

Last edited:
Say Rodgers breaks Brady's TD record, Brady will come back next year and break his. He's only ONE REAL WR (Welker excluded) from breaking his own record this year.

I like Rodgers, but it's really their fans that I hate, and Im sure many are on the same boat here... He's great but saying he's surpassed Brady already(yes I've heard this) is just dumb.

No one should be saying that rodgers has surpassed brady (Career wise). But i do think rodgers LEVEL OF PLAY this year is as good as brady has ever been

No one should be saying that rodgers has surpassed brady (Career wise). But i do think rodgers LEVEL OF PLAY this year is as good as brady has ever been

how can you say he played better than Brady in 07? I wouldn't say he even played better than Brady in 10 because really nothing stopped him last year.

Rodgers is certainly an amazing QB. He's built amazing chemistry with his receivers, can make all the passes in and out of the pocket and makes plays with his legs when needed. He may indeed break the short-held record.

I've noticed allot of "Rodgers O-line vs Brady's" with Brady's often considered head over heels superior.

Now, I'm curious, how well does Rodgers handle the pre-snap adjustments? I haven't watched his games to closely but this is something Brady has done exceptionally well throughout his career and I'm sure has saved him from many a sack, and has made his line a bit better for it.

Rodgers is playing as good right now as I have ever seen a QB play. Better than Brady in "07?? I dunno... let's allow him to finish the season and then we can debate it.

As a football fan I feel blessed to have been witness to both performances. Simply amazing.

how can you say he played better than Brady in 07? I wouldn't say he even played better than Brady in 10 because really nothing stopped him last year.

i said rodgers is as good as brady has been in 07 or 10

Rodgers is certainly an amazing QB. He's built amazing chemistry with his receivers, can make all the passes in and out of the pocket and makes plays with his legs when needed. He may indeed break the short-held record.

I've noticed allot of "Rodgers O-line vs Brady's" with Brady's often considered head over heels superior.

Now, I'm curious, how well does Rodgers handle the pre-snap adjustments? I haven't watched his games to closely but this is something Brady has done exceptionally well throughout his career and I'm sure has saved him from many a sack, and has made his line a bit better for it.

brady's pre-snap adjustments are definitely better than rodgers. Rodgers, however, is improving at that aspect... rapidly. He is a very intelligent player. I don't know if he will ever been on the level of a brady or manning when it comes to that aspect... but he has improved tremendously

imagine if your brady had the mobility that rodgers has

jesus

imagine if your brady had the mobility that rodgers has

jesus

I am just confused about why scrabbling is a cool thing? Rodgers runs a lot because he has to, his OL is not good. Brady and Brees use juke moves, shift their body, or shuffle but find the best way to be protected while they complete the pass. Rodgers has already had 2 concussions.
I think it looks neat, but doesn't seem really smart.

Isn't the real stat for who has the most mobility which QB is better under pressure?
I mean the idea is to score or complete a pass.
Last year Im pretty sure that was Brady, this year its Brees, so far.

Drew Brees: Amazing Numbers That No One Is Talking About | Bleacher Report
"No quarterback (including Aaron Rodgers for once) has a better accuracy mark for passes thrown under pressure this season. When Brees is pressured, he is hitting his intended target on 67.3 percent of his passes. Rodgers heads the trailing pack at 66 percent and only seven other quarterbacks top the 60-percent mark.

The mark of a great quarterback is often how he can perform under pressure, with the walls closing in around him. When you squeeze quarterbacks, most fold, but a rare few find a way to focus. Brees is one of those few.

It’s worth noting that Brees also faces pressure a lot more than Rodgers, with 127 of his 450 drop-backs resulting in pressure. Rodgers has felt heat on just 89 of his 348 drops."

and Rodgers is getting sacked a lot when he doesn't bootleg
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Under Pressure: Running Past the Rams

so.. as much as it looks good, like Vick, I wouldn't say Rodgers is more mobile than Brady. They just move different. Whats more important is the production level of the way they move, right?

Last edited:
I am just confused about why scrabbling is a cool thing? Rodgers runs a lot because he has to, his OL is not good. Brady and Brees use juke moves, shift their body, or shuffle but find the best way to be protected while they complete the pass. Rodgers has already had 2 concussions.
I think it looks neat, but doesn't seem really smart.

Isn't the real stat for who has the most mobility which QB is better under pressure?
I mean the idea is to score or complete a pass.
Last year Im pretty sure that was Brady, this year its Brees, so far.

Drew Brees: Amazing Numbers That No One Is Talking About | Bleacher Report

and Rodgers is getting sacked a lot when he doesn't bootleg
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Under Pressure: Running Past the Rams

so.. as much as it looks good, like Vick, I wouldn't say Rodgers is more mobile than Brady. They just move different. Whats more important is the production level of the way they move, right?

his concussions weren't from scrambling, it was actually from staying in the pocket back when his oline was complete garbage

i'm just saying, yes brees and brady move well in the pocket, but imagine brady buying his guys even more time, and if his guys aside from welker and the te's came back and helped him out more on said scrambles

he'd be thought of as even more amazing than he already is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back