PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron rodgers 50 td record

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't been watching rodgers closely than. He makes JUST as accurate and pin-point throws as brady does, every single game. Rodgers gets the ball only in places his receivers can make a play.

Btw, it's not rodgers fault he has had an average schedule (difficulty wise). Although i do think it is more difficult than mannings cupcake schedule

I've seen their last three games, and did not think he was having to make extraordinary throws on the regular basis that Brady did last year.

Again, the throw to Nelson was insane, and I'm not denying Rodgers accuracy is consistently tops in the league this year, maybe outside of Brees, who has impressed me more in the last few weeks. But a lot of his other throws are just ones that he, and guys like Brady or Brees, should be expected to make. And then there's a huge chunk of throws that I think Curtis Painter could make.

Much like the Patriots in 2007, teams can simply not cover all of the Packers receivers.

Last edited:
You haven't been watching rodgers closely than. He makes JUST as accurate and pin-point throws as brady does, every single game. Rodgers gets the ball only in places his receivers can make a play.

Btw, it's not rodgers fault he has had an average schedule (difficulty wise). Although i do think it is more difficult than mannings cupcake schedule

Not to diminish Rodgers, but I think his receivers make absolutely incredible catches. Give Rodgers credit for putting the ball there, but his receivers do a lot more for him than Brady's have done recently.

Either way, he is still having an all-time great season, not number one, but a top 10, maybe top 5.

The fact that guys are reaching 48-50TDs every few years now kind of diminishes it for me and makes me appreciate what Marino did more.

Not to diminish Rodgers, but I think his receivers make absolutely incredible catches. Give Rodgers credit for putting the ball there, but his receivers do a lot more for him than Brady's have done recently.

Either way, he is still having an all-time great season, not number one, but a top 10, maybe top 5.

I agree with you about the Packers' receivers--it's friggin insane how good they are. But it's a two way street. Rodgers consistently lays unbelievably accurate throws into tight coverage, many of which can only be caught by physical receivers that have to hand fight for the ball.

As far as top 10, maybe top 5? I think you and others I'm sure (not gonna read through the entire thread) are seriously diminishing the kind of year Rodgers is having.

Throw out stats, strength of opponents, etc. and use the eyeball test. This guy is probably having the greatest season ever as a QB (without a running game and a sh!t defense to boot). Brady 2007 is close.

People please take off the homer glasses and give credit where it is due (or just actually watch some Green Bay games) (or take it from TFB himself--who said that Rodgers is playing at the highest level he's ever seen).

lol @ actually thinking Brady's is the best season for a QB. We had a great team that year, best oline, top 5 defense and a very good special teams unit. Unfortunate ending, but still, our team was way more complete than Manning's or Godgers'. Remember, that 50td record is m00t since Peyton only played 15 games. As for tougher schedule, that's debatable. We had the deadskins, bungles and the bills/rats/dolphans x3. Those are 8 easy wins, Godgers has a cakewalk sched too, but it's not clear whose was easier.

Rodgers is overratted. What is called the flavor of the month.

Nah, the kid is legit. They did a good job surrounding him with good talent offensively.

Rodgers is overratted. What is called the flavor of the month.

Alright, that is just ridiculous. While I don't think his season is the best ever, calling him overrated after what he's done in his first few years as a starter is just stupid.

He's having one of the best passing seasons in history, already has a SB win, and has the highest career passer rating of all time. The guy is legit. Nothing in his first 4 seasons has shown anything to believe this is a fluke.

Alright, that is just ridiculous. While I don't think his season is the best ever, calling him overrated after what he's done in his first few years as a starter is just stupid.

He's having one of the best passing seasons in history, already has a SB win, and has the highest career passer rating of all time. The guy is legit. Nothing in his first 4 seasons has shown anything to believe this is a fluke.

I don't care enough about rodgers to check but wasn't he like 5-11 in his first year as a start.

I don't care enough about rodgers to check but wasn't he like 5-11 in his first year as a start.

Greenbay had a poor record, Rodgers was hardly the cause.

Even though favre took the same squad to the nfccg?

Lol ok

2007 Favre:
4155 yds 66.5% 7.8 ypa 28 TD 15 INT 15 Sacks 95.7 QB rating
29 Rushers 12 yards
2 Fumbles Lost

2008 Rodgers:
4038 yds 63.6% 7.5 ypa 28 TD 13INT 34 Sacks 93.8 QB rating
58 Rushes 207 yards 4 TDs
0 Fumbles Lost

Yup, huge drop-off. Rodgers is obviously the reason the 2008 team had a losing record.

Rodgers provided about 30 fewer total yards after adjusting for sack yardage loss, 4 more touchdowns, and 4 fewer turnovers.

Last edited:
2007 Favre:
29 Rushers 12 yards
2 Fumbles Lost

2008 Rodgers:
0 Fumbles Lost

Yup, huge drop-off. Rodgers is obviously the reason the 2008 team had a losing record.

Rodgers provided about 30 fewer total yards after adjusting for sack yardage loss, 4 more touchdowns, and 4 fewer turnovers.

stats are for losers, Favre had a winning record, Rodgers did not. No shame though, Favre was a better qb.

BTW, I dont even know why I commented in this thread, I dont even care about Rodgers. When it comes to the NFL, the only team I care about is the patriots. The rest of the NFL can suck it.

seems like there is a whole lot less hype around rodgers passing numbers and the undefeated packers. seemed lke the media turned it up to 11 during the 2007 pats run back in november. i wonder if the hype meter would be a lot higher right now if the pats didn't go 16-0.

stats are for losers, Favre had a winning record, Rodgers did not. No shame though, Favre was a better qb.

BTW, I dont even know why I commented in this thread, I dont even care about Rodgers. When it comes to the NFL, the only team I care about is the patriots. The rest of the NFL can suck it.

You're blaming a team failure on one player. That isn't how the NFL works, especially when Rodgers had a better 2008 season than Favre's 2007 season.

I don't know why you posted in this thread either, you've basically been wrong about everything.

I think a lot of fans are annoyed with Rodgers, because so many other QB's are doing well and breaking records, but the media has been gushing for Rodgers almost from his 1st start as a QB, because of the Farve thing.
In 2009 they didn't even notice we were undefeated till game 9,lol. They always talked about Farve's Vikings and Green Bay's Rogers.
Heck, Brees and Saints are hardly ever brought up this year, except when talking about Rodger's Packers and we are a Dome team and have no chance to win anyways,hehe

We don't care though, and I wonder how NE even deals with all the press. It must be very disruptive to the team. We are happier to be under the radar.
BB must have his hands full dealing with reporters over the years, and it seems that the media took it personally when BB tried to limit their access, and started to dig for negative things.

Im just not so much into Rodgers because he hasn't really broken anything yet.
His QB rating could fall by the end of the year and after all its Bradys 50 TD record, so Im much more into Brady as one of the Best to play football.

Its kind of on the same note as we are kind of annoyed that the media always says Brees broke Marinos 5000 yrd record, or came close , implying that coming close is the same, it is not.
Brees never broke the record missing it by 15 yards. But 15 yards or 1500 yards doesn't mean a thing, he never did it, and Marino deserves the record.
But, listening to the media you would think that Brees was just as good, or did break it, and thats just not true.

seems like there is a whole lot less hype around rodgers passing numbers and the undefeated packers. seemed lke the media turned it up to 11 during the 2007 pats run back in november. i wonder if the hype meter would be a lot higher right now if the pats didn't go 16-0.

NE showed it was doable, and there has been an undefeated team through atleast 11 games I believe in every season since, except 2010.

Packers schedule makes it look like we'll see the second 16-0 team in history within a 4 year span.

2007 Favre:
29 Rushers 12 yards
2 Fumbles Lost

2008 Rodgers:
0 Fumbles Lost

People are clearly forgetting how bad the 2008 and 2009 Packers offensive line was. Rodgers has been on the fast road to being considered elite from day 1. He's a machine and it's great to watch him operate.

Last edited:
People are clearly forgetting how bad the 2008 and 2009 Packers offensive line was. Rodgers has been on the fast road to being considered elite from day 1. He's a machine and it's great to watch him operate.

Seriously

His line was worse than what Cutler has had to work with in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back