PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron rodgers 50 td record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until week 14 or 15 I think Brady had 128 QB rating in 07 which is exactly where Rodgers is at right now. Brady also had 2 150+ rating games including a perfect rating and Rodgers hasn't had a 150 rating game yet. Plus the 07 Pats' schedule : Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Dallas who was also undefeated at the time. The toughest team the Packers face this year is the Saints.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to bash Rodgers' season, but I don't think he's playing 07 Brady level.

Saints without 4 of our best starters. There is no greater team than the 2007 Pats, I don't think there ever will be again. GB is not even close, even with the great QB play by Rodgers.
I think rodgers has a great chance to break the record, he has no run game.

Last edited:
The way the game is evolving, the TD record could be broken a few times in the next ten years. You guys do realize two QB's are on pace to shatter Marino's once "invincible" yards record, and Aaron Rodgers is not far behind that one as well. The numbers QB's overall are putting up this season is unheard of.

Yeah, Brady's 50 TD record will definitely be broken sometime in the future. Whether it is Rodgers, or someone else. Brady himself might end up breaking it in a few years.

Times have changed.

Saints without 4 of our best starters. There is no greater team than the 2007 Pats, I don't think there ever will be again. GB is not even close, even with the great QB play by Rodgers.

Which is why I thank GOD for Aaron Rodgers. I want him to win the mvp & possibly even break Brady's td record. I personally think the regular season's mvp curse is alive & well. If he breaks it more power to him. The packers how ever are about to get every team's best shot. It's going to be World War III come playoff time.

the 2007 giants disagree lol

The way the game is evolving, the TD record could be broken a few times in the next ten years. You guys do realize two QB's are on pace to shatter Marino's once "invincible" yards record, and Aaron Rodgers is not far behind that one as well. The numbers QB's overall are putting up this season is unheard of.

Yeah, Brady's 50 TD record will definitely be broken sometime in the future. Whether it is Rodgers, or someone else. Brady himself might end up breaking it in a few years.

Times have changed.

times had already changed when brady set the record, and when manning set the record before that

Times have changed.

times had already changed when brady set the record, and when manning set the record before that

Regardless of how many touchdowns he ends up with IMHO there's no question that Rodgers is playing at a higher level than Brady did in 07.

Are you serious? What good pass defense has Rodgers beaten? He's played 5 of the worst 6 passing defenses in the league (by opposing QB rating) a total of 6 times.

He's played no top 5 pass defenses. Only two pass defenses that are even in the top HALF of the league in opposing QB rating.

Their schedule has been a giant joke. Packers remain very beatable. Their defense is porous, and if a team plays them mistake free, they will knock them off in the playoffs. Notably the Saints.

Last edited:
Manning broke a almost 20 year old record Brady broke a two year old record and rodgers will brake a 4 year old record, with the way NFL is played today it's made for great QB's like Brees Brady and rodgers to put up unheard of numbers

Their schedule has been a giant joke. Packers remain very beatable. Their defense is porous, and if a team plays them mistake free, they will knock them off in the playoffs. Notably the Saints.

It has. I vividly remember in 07 teams were playing like they were in the superbowl against the pats every week. Baltimore even played like their life was on the line..The only very good team the Pats didn't face in 07 was the Packers and they had to go through 7 of the 11 playoff teams.

Last edited:
Are you serious? What good pass defense has Rodgers beaten? He's played 5 of the worst 6 passing defenses in the league (by opposing QB rating) a total of 6 times.

He's played no top 5 pass defenses. Only two pass defenses that are even in the top HALF of the league in opposing QB rating.

This why I'm hoping GB goes 16-0. If they lose before the end of the regular season that could give them a chance to correct some things. Rodgers is bound to have a bad game. The 2007 Pats did make the SB & had a good chance @ winning it. Could you guys imagine GB getting knocked off in the divisional or championship game? That would be a story to tell.

This why I'm hoping GB goes 16-0. If they lose before the end of the regular season that could give them a chance to correct some things. Rodgers is bound to have a bad game. The 2007 Pats did make the SB & had a good chance @ winning it. Could you guys imagine GB getting knocked off in the divisional or championship game? That would be a story to tell.

I won't lie - it would be a great relief as a Pats fan to share the burden of a blown perfect season with another fanbase.

So from here on out, I will root for Green Bay to achieve 16-0 in the hopes of knowing their playoff road won't be as easy as their regular season one.

Having watched both teams the last several weeks, I would put the Saints and Packers on equal ground for winning the title. In the AFC, the Pats, Ravens, Steelers and the Texans without a QB are all on equal ground. Any one of them would have some shot of knocking off the two NFC favorites.

Let's not forget that Peyton Manning threw 2 passes in week 17 when he set the 49 TD record.

Not trying to take anything away from Brady's record, but had Peyton at that time wanted to keep the record for as long as possible, he'd probably still have it right now.

Records are made to be broken. If Rodgers gets the job done, so be it. I WANT TO SEE BRADY WIN ANOTHER RING, I could care less about a TD record. Besides, Brady has been breaking records all year. Almost every game I watch the commentator talks about some long standing record that Brady is close to breaking.

Sure, that's easy enough to say...who cares about the TD record when we are going for a Super Bowl. Well, the last time I checked Aaron Rodgers is going for that same title.

Therefore, imagine if Rodgers breaks the TD record while leading his team to an undefeated Super Bowl title!

Even you have to admit he has the opportunity to do something REALLY awesome.

I believe the announcers yesterday said that Brady should be a close second in the MVP race this year. Even I'll admit that it is a DISTANT second. Rodgers will run away with it.

Let's not forget that Peyton Manning threw 2 passes in week 17 when he set the 49 TD record.

Not trying to take anything away from Brady's record, but had Peyton at that time wanted to keep the record for as long as possible, he'd probably still have it right now.

If we applied the "let's not forget" logic, I'm pretty sure most record breaking moments would all come with caveats.

To me, Rodgers joke of a schedule is a much bigger caveat, but its another caveat that history won't, nor should it, remember.

Records exist as a quick way of encapsulating & recognizing historic achievements in sports, the details should largely be ignored, lest we'd open the door for tons of debates not worth having. Records are admittedly somewhat trivial, the debates on them would be even moreso.

Last edited:

True, but there's no secret Manning does not play in outdoor weather. Which is what makes Brady's and Rodgers' chase for the record even more impressive.

Last edited:

That was before Goodell really started to enforce rules on hits on the QB, and no more leading with your helmet collisions in the middle of the field. That obviously is going to have a drastic imprint on the passing game. Guys can no longer fear going up the middle like before.

I'm not trying to take away anything these guys are doing. It is still impressive, but the rules are definitely more in favor for the QB's today.

Imagine if Montana and Marino were playing toady, the numbers they'd be putting up.

The QB was once a pinata for the defense.

I think Bradys 2010 season is better then the season he had in 2007 and the season Rodgers is having this season. I realize that he didnt have 50 tds and his rating was not as high as 2007 and will be lower then what Rodgers does this season, But Brady had an all time year while facing a tough schedule, very tough defenses and while having surrounding cast basically re-done from the year prior. Here are some facts from Brady 2010:

He faced 7 defenses ranked in the top 10 in points allowed
He faced 8 defenses ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed
He faced 7 defenses ranked in the top 6 in defensive passer rating (he faced GB, Pitt, Chi, SDG, BAL all ranked 1-5 and faced the Jets twice, ranked 6th)
He faced 7 playoffs teams (Jets-2X, Bal, Pitt, Indy, Chi, GB)

We all know his performance that season:

324 of 492 3900 yards 36 td 4 int 111.0 rating
5th best single season rating of all time.
Broke record for most consecutive games with 2 tds and 0 ints at 7 games
Broke record for most passing attempts without an INT
Broke record for highest TD:INT ratio for a single season at 9:1, he has the only two
seasons with an TD:INT ratio above 6:1 in NFL history (2007, 6.25:1)
Only unanimous MVP ever in NFL

And look at the change over on the offensive side of the ball:

Runningback: BJGE took over for Maroney (I know BJGE was an upgrade, but still a new starter) Danny Woodhead took over for the injured Kevin Faulk

#1 WR: Moss was traded after week 3 replaced with Branch (who Seattle didnt want)

#2 WR: Take your pick: Tate, Edelman. My point being he didnt even have a solid #2 WR.

Slot WR: Welker just came of major off season knee surgury and took a long time to be
himself again

TE: Completely revamped. Two rookies and an aging Vet. Crumpler was more of a
blocker, Gronk had only 2 years of College exp. and Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL

Oline: Mankins sat out half the season, and Vollmer and Connolly started basically all season (I cant remember, but Im sure the were expected to be more bench players/back ups)

Thats my argument. I may be a homer, but I still think it was the most impressive season by a QB. Rodgers is great, but I think when this season is over we'll see he faced maybe 2-3 playoff teams and 1-2 top defenses.

Last edited:
I think Bradys 2010 season is better then the season he had in 2007 and the season Rodgers is having this season. I realize that he didnt have 50 tds and his rating was not as high as 2007 and will be lower then what Rodgers does this season, But Brady had an all time year while facing a tough schedule, very tough defenses and while having surrounding cast basically re-done from the year prior. Here are some facts from Brady 2010:

He faced 7 defenses ranked in the top 10 in points allowed
He faced 8 defenses ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed
He faced 7 defenses ranked in the top 6 in defensive passer rating (he faced GB, Pitt, Chi, SDG, BAL all ranked 1-5 and faced the Jets twice, ranked 6th)
He faced 7 playoffs teams (Jets-2X, Bal, Pitt, Indy, Chi, GB)

We all know his performance that season:

324 of 492 3900 yards 36 td 4 int 111.0 rating
5th best single season rating of all time.
Broke record for most consecutive games with 2 tds and 0 ints at 7 games
Broke record for most passing attempts without an INT
Broke record for highest TD:INT ratio for a single season at 9:1, he has the only two
seasons with an TD:INT ratio above 6:1 in NFL history (2007, 6.25:1)
Only unanimous MVP ever in NFL

And look at the change over on the offensive side of the ball:

Runningback: BJGE took over for Maroney (I know BJGE was an upgrade, but still a new starter) Danny Woodhead took over for the injured Kevin Faulk

#1 WR: Moss was traded after week 3 replaced with Branch (who Seattle didnt want)

#2 WR: Take your pick: Tate, Edelman. My point being he didnt even have a solid #2 WR.

Slot WR: Welker just came of major off season knee surgury and took a long time to be
himself again

TE: Completely revamped. Two rookies and an aging Vet. Crumpler was more of a
blocker, Gronk had only 2 years of College exp. and Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL

Oline: Mankins sat out half the season, and Vollmer and Connolly started basically all season (I cant remember, but Im sure the were expected to be more bench players/back ups)

Thats my argument. I may be a homer, but I still think it was the most impressive season by a QB. Rodgers is great, but I think when this season is over we'll see he faced maybe 2-3 playoff teams and 1-2 top defenses.

I've always thought 2010 was a better season than 2007. TB also had to face all but one playoff team in the AFC and beat each one.

I agree completely. Great post.

2007 also had a tough schedule, but 2010 was brutal, and Brady and co. destroyed it.

The other thing about 2010 is that it's not like Brady's weapons were getting wide-open, he was making some really insanely pinpoint throws week in and week out. The same goes for 2007, but at least in that season, some of his production can be attributed to Moss' amazing ability, and the offense's efficiency. The wideouts got way more separation that year. And Moss could just go up and make plays.

And the same applies to Rodger's season this year. Watching him play, he'll make a couple spectacular throws each game (the one to Nelson to clinch it last nite). But overall, his receivers are getting absurd separation and making some ridiculous catches.

And 2011, I think the windows for Brady's throws have gotten even smaller. The throws he makes to Gronk or Welker are often pretty insanely pinpoint.

I agree completely. Great post.

2007 also had a tough schedule, but 2010 was brutal, and Brady and co. destroyed it.

The other thing about 2010 is that it's not like Brady's weapons were getting wide-open, he was making some really insanely pinpoint throws week in and week out. The same goes for 2007, but at least in that season, some of his production can be attributed to Moss' amazing ability, and the offense's efficiency. The wideouts got way more separation that year. And Moss could just go up and make plays.

And the same applies to Rodger's season this year. Watching him play, he'll make a couple spectacular throws each game (the one to Nelson to clinch it last nite). But overall, his receivers are getting absurd separation and making some ridiculous catches.

And 2011, I think the windows for Brady's throws have gotten even smaller. The throws he makes to Gronk or Welker are often pretty insanely pinpoint.

You haven't been watching rodgers closely than. He makes JUST as accurate and pin-point throws as brady does, every single game. Rodgers gets the ball only in places his receivers can make a play.

Btw, it's not rodgers fault he has had an average schedule (difficulty wise). Although i do think it is more difficult than mannings cupcake schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back