PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron rodgers 50 td record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how many touchdowns he ends up with IMHO there's no question that Rodgers is playing at a higher level than Brady did in 07.

IMHO, i think that is debatable. Aaron rodgers to me though is playing at a higher level.

Rodgers: Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, Grant, Starks, Cobb

Brady: Moss, Welker, etc.. (Gaffney, Stallworth, Watson, Maroney, Faulk)

One of these groups is not like the other.

Last edited:
Higher passer rating and unlike 07 Brady, who had some mediocre games, Rodgers has been amazing in every single game so far. If he finishes strong, which is very likely considering their schedule, his performance will go down as the best ever by a QB.

EDIT:

Rodgers' lowest passer rating in a game this season was today against the Giants and it was 106.2 (!!). That is just absurd.

Brady had games of 76.3, 79.7, and 51.5 in 07.

Up until week 14 or 15 I think Brady had 128 QB rating in 07 which is exactly where Rodgers is at right now. Brady also had 2 150+ rating games including a perfect rating and Rodgers hasn't had a 150 rating game yet. Plus the 07 Pats' schedule : Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Dallas who was also undefeated at the time. The toughest team the Packers face this year is the Saints.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to bash Rodgers' season, but I don't think he's playing 07 Brady level.

Last edited:
Up until week 14 or 15 I think Brady had 128 QB rating in 07 which is exactly where Rodgers is at right now. Brady also had 2 150+ rating games including a perfect rating and Rodgers hasn't had a 150 rating game yet. Plus the 07 Pats' schedule : Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indianapolis and Dallas who was also undefeated at the time. The toughest team the Packers face this is the Saints.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to bash Rodgers' season, but I don't think he's playing 07 Brady level.

But haven't you gotten the memo? 2007 was like, a hundred years ago and Aaron Rodgers is all new and shiny. Plus, his farts smell like fine cologne and his turds are diamonds.

But haven't you gotten the memo? 2007 was like, a hundred years ago and Aaron Rodgers is all new and shiny. Plus, his farts smell like fine cologne and his turds are diamonds.

Exactly, Rodgers is playing at a higher level because I vividly remember him playing just a few hours ago.

Rodgers: Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, Grant, Starks, Cobb

Brady: Moss, Welker, etc.. (Gaffney, Stallworth, Watson, Maroney, Faulk)

One of these groups is not like the other.

driver is not the driver of old.

Cobb/jones are very inconsistent. as well

jenning/nelson/finley are legit.

hahaha oops. I didn't know this. I guess I'll start calling him Mr. Rodgers from now on!

2007 Patriots had a much, much harder schedule.

The "Rodgers has better receivers" is moot. Brady had Randy Moss. The best receiver of this generation on his team. Let's not forget that.

Brady faced tougher defenses; this is why the 2007 season was more impressive. Not because of who had better receivers.

driver is not the driver of old.

Cobb/jones are very inconsistent. as well

jenning/nelson/finley are legit.

Its hard to call them inconsistent. I think they have been more victims of a numbers game. They produce whenever their number is called. The same goes for the backs. They don't get the touches they should, but they are reliable with few opportunities.

I didn't even mention guys like Saine, Kuhn, Crabtree and Quarless, who are also very talented.

The cumulative ability of these players far outweighs the group Brady worked with, IMO. But Moss' talent was the most exceptional of them all.

How about this...AR throws 49 TDs and then the Packers rest him the remainder of the regular season.

Its hard to call them inconsistent. I think they have been more victims of a numbers game. They produce whenever their number is called. The same goes for the backs. They don't get the touches they should, but they are reliable with few opportunities.

I didn't even mention guys like Saine, Kuhn, Crabtree and Quarless, who are also very talented.

The cumulative ability of these players far outweighs the group Brady worked with, IMO. But Moss' talent was the most exceptional of them all.

Except that Brady had in 2007 and has in 2011 one thing that Rodgers didn't: better pass protection. Brady does not have to deal with the kind of pressure Rodgers has been under. What Rodgers has done with that in mind is pretty mind-boggling. How many times was he flushed out of the pocket by the Giants? How many times has Rodgers been sacked or pressured this year as opposed to Brady?

I take nothing from Brady. He's super. But don't just go comparing the receiving corps. Give Rodgers Brady's pass protection and he'd put up some numbers alright.

lmao, come on now. crabtree/saine/kuhn/quarless?

get outta here

Except that Brady had in 2007 and has in 2011 one thing that Rodgers didn't: better pass protection. Brady does not have to deal with the kind of pressure Rodgers has been under. What Rodgers has done with that in mind is pretty mind-boggling. How many times was he flushed out of the pocket by the Giants? How many times has Rodgers been sacked or pressured this year as opposed to Brady?

I take nothing from Brady. He's super. But don't just go comparing the receiving corps. Give Rodgers Brady's pass protection and he'd put up some numbers alright.

If Rodgers protection was actually bad, he wouldn't be doing this good... It's been good since after Rodgers first season. It's not like he's getting hit one second after the snap like Cutler is. And don't even compare the 2007 Giants to the current Giants. Strahan even now is probably better than tuck and Osi combined at this point, he ate everyone's O line and if he was playing on the Giants now, Rodgers would be throwing more picks and less completions

Last edited:
If Rodgers protection was actually bad, he wouldn't be doing this good... It's been good since after Rodgers first season. It's not like he's getting hit one second after the snap like Cutler is. And don't even compare the 2007 Giants to the current Giants. Strahan even now is probably better than tuck and Osi combined at this point, he ate everyone's O line and if he was playing on the Giants now, Rodgers would be throwing more picks and less completions

rodgers protection has improved, no doubt, but not by a whole lot.

If you look at rodgers 2009 season, when his protection was HORRIBLE, he still had a dominant season.

I think rodgers might be top 3 in the league with most sacks.

I didn't say it was bad, but it's not that good, and Brady's is significantly better.

rodgers protection has improved, no doubt, but not by a whole lot.

If you look at rodgers 2009 season, when his protection was HORRIBLE, he still had a dominant season.

I think rodgers might be top 3 in the league with most sacks.

Rodgers has been sacked 8 more times, but people have always said one of his weaknesses are that he holds on to the ball too long. Also Brady has been hit 2 more times, 50 QB hits compared to Rodgers 48. Brady is better at throwing the ball away. The Pats O line is also being overrated after 3 or 4 weeks of dominance. The Steelers, Giants, and Cowboys showed that the Pats O line isn't as perfect as people say it is. If it was, Brady would not be getting hit so much and he would be throwing a lot less picks

Whether or not Rodgers breaks Brady's record he will still have to play at that level for years before he can even sniff Brady's jockstrap. Brady's bareley behind Montana for GOAT,,, as good a year as Rodgers is having he's still behind a crap load of guys for that honer and they still took years to get there. So far it's not even close. Things change. Ask Jake DelHolme. I like Rodgers and think he's awesome, but don't put the horse before the cart.

brady had 12 of 16 100+ qb rated games in 2007

rodgers has 12 of 12 right now

this is amazing stuff we're witnessing

although it has to be said, as always, these days , even in 2007, the rules are slanted towards the passing games, big time

Whether or not Rodgers breaks Brady's record he will still have to play at that level for years before he can even sniff Brady's jockstrap. Brady's bareley behind Montana for GOAT,,, as good a year as Rodgers is having he's still behind a crap load of guys for that honer and they still took years to get there. So far it's not even close. Things change. Ask Jake DelHolme. I like Rodgers and think he's awesome, but don't put the horse before the cart.

i can't see brady ever topping montana , due to all the rules changes

it inflates the stats big time

same reason i doubt rodgers ever passes brady

Rodgers has been sacked 8 more times, but people have always said one of his weaknesses are that he holds on to the ball too long. Also Brady has been hit 2 more times, 50 QB hits compared to Rodgers 48. Brady is better at throwing the ball away. The Pats O line is also being overrated after 3 or 4 weeks of dominance. The Steelers, Giants, and Cowboys showed that the Pats O line isn't as perfect as people say it is. If it was, Brady would not be getting hit so much and he would be throwing a lot less picks
rodgers holds onto the ball too long, but he also makes SEVERAL more plays running than almost any other qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST