PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 things Jaguars need 2 do 2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting stuff.. not exactly rocket science lol..

Why, why, why do they ALWAYS forget...

"Score more points than the opposition"

"...
7. Deal with the environment - It’ll be loud and hostile and the Jaguars haven’t played in that kind of atmosphere for a long time. Be prepared for it.
..."

Loud and hostile? Not exactly how I would describe Gilette, but oh well. Maybe he's referencing the fact that it's a play-off game, and the Jags haven't been there in awhile.

are we still the 31st team in pass defense?

desi-patsfan said:
are we still the 31st team in pass defense?

In passing yards allowed - Yes
In number of 20 yard plus passing plays - Yes

There are several passing defense stats.

Here's how the Patriots rank in them.
Passing yards allowed - 31st
20 yard plus passing plays allowed - 31st
40 yard plus passing plays allowed - tied for 31st. No team can gave up more.
Passing 1st downs allowed - 22nd
Yards per completion - 32nd
Yards per attempt - 30th
Passing TDs allowed - tied for 28th
INTs - tied for 26th
Completion percentage - 4th
Sacks - 23rd
Opposing QB rating - 27th

OntarioPatsFan said:
"...
7. Deal with the environment - It’ll be loud and hostile and the Jaguars haven’t played in that kind of atmosphere for a long time. Be prepared for it.
..."

Loud and hostile? Not exactly how I would describe Gilette, but oh well. Maybe he's referencing the fact that it's a play-off game, and the Jags haven't been there in awhile.

8. Be smart - Bill Belichick is the league’s best strategist. The Jaguars coaches have to match Belichick strategy for strategy.

Oh yeah, fat chance.

nothing special but surely a nice article

Ok, I realize no top-10 list is going to be brimming with deep insight, but...

2. Run the ball
3. Stop the run
4. Make plays in the passing game
5. Control Tom Brady

So by #5 he's already covered run, stop the run, pass, stop the pass, and he still needs five more?

Chris said:
interesting stuff.. not exactly rocket science lol..

I agree but it fills space on the Jags website.

LATELY (past 5 or 6 games) the pass D hasn't been that bad. The reason their pass D is still ranked that low is because it was so horrid, and they gave up so much, at the beginning of the year.

The strange thing is if you look at all the stats Miguel posted, the Pats pass D is in the mid to upper 20's in every category, except completion percentage where they are 4th.

Willie55 said:
The strange thing is if you look at all the stats Miguel posted, the Pats pass D is in the mid to upper 20's in every category, except completion percentage where they are 4th.

I think that the reason that Patriots' completion percentage is so high is that teams have been willing to throw deep against the Pats because the rewards have been so great. The farther past the LOS a team throws the ball, the less likely the pass will be completed.

Miguel said:
I think that the reason that Patriots' completion percentage is so high is that teams have been willing to throw deep against the Pats because the rewards have been so great. The farther past the LOS a team throws the ball, the less likely the pass will be completed.

Good point.

Miguel said:

I wonder how we rank in all of those categories from Week 9-17. I realize that we didn't play the same caliber of teams in the second half as the first, but I honestly think that those stats are a better indication of what we will see/should expect tonight and going forward this year.

Miguel said:

Seems like near the back in pass defense stats is the place to be! Denver, Seattle, KC, SD are right there with us. Of course when you win, the other team spends the second half passing a lot, so it's tough to interpret the stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News