PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zo believes Stid will start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it matters what Zo thinks on July 14, 2020. The team has yet to hold a combined practice. There is just no way of knowing anything. Whoever gives us the best chance to win on game day is who starts. That is BB's philosophy. Speculate until the cows come home. No one has any idea yet.

Not sure how this would play out. Cam took an extremely low salary for a chance to play.
I wonder if the veterans would be on board with this. Also how would Cam take being a benchwarmer.
If Stidham outplays him in TC OK, but Stidham should not be handed the job.

I don't see how it matters what Zo thinks on July 14, 2020. The team has yet to hold a combined practice. There is just no way of knowing anything. Whoever gives us the best chance to win on game day is who starts. That is BB's philosophy. Speculate until the cows come home. No one has any idea yet.

He has some connections to the team so FWIW. But you’re right BB will play the guy that is best for the team to win.

So Newton will start?

Zo is drunk all the time.

I didn't know Zo was trying to be a comedian.

I love Zo man....but if Cam is healthy....he be starting....

BB and McD put the players out there that give us the best chance of winning games.

I wish after day after day of Cam promoting himself he would take a break until training camp.

If after 3 days of practice you're not limping and your shoulder is not hanging off the ground then Cam go revisit the media.

I'm curious how Stidham is handling all the Cam talk. Does the competitive part of him want to say its my job to lose?

If games where played today, I believe Stidham would be the starter. He has the advantage of knowing the playbook. Cam has some catchup to do. Either way I’m excited for the competition & the post brady era.

Zo is drunk all the time.
I fear that you are correct. I’ve often watched pregame on CBS and whenever I see him in his ridiculous sunglasses (every Sunday am), it concerns me.

Back to the thesis statement : I’m not on the Cam bandwagon, but I’ll cheer fervently for him to succeed if he plays. I think I’m in the minority in my belief that Stidham still has a decent shot at surpassing Cam this summer.

1. Chung said NFL be trippin trying to social distance football and he knows about trippin.

2. BB making Subway commercials.

3. No one is starting at QB.

I fear that you are correct. I’ve often watched pregame on CBS and whenever I see him in his ridiculous sunglasses (every Sunday am), it concerns me.

Back to the thesis statement : I’m not on the Cam bandwagon, but I’ll cheer fervently for him to succeed if he plays. I think I’m in the minority in my belief that Stidham still has a decent shot at surpassing Cam this summer.
I mean I get it. Local dude that made it but had no business being there. Tough not to like or want to get hammered with but he's been out of control.

Those sunglasses come on early. There on during events, when he's out and about.

Who am I? Everyone has their vice. Just hope he's taking care of himself along while having a blast.

That's frankly insane. To me this is like when a hiring manager thinks the black guy who went to Harvard and Goldman Sachs is the same , as the white guy who went to state school and worked at five cent savings bank.

Heisman Trophy Winner. #1 overall pick. NFL Most Valuable Player. Superbowl starting QB. One of only 3 players in history with 25k yards passing and 4k rushing yards (Newton, Young, Cunningham)

Vs

Did nothing in college.
4th round pick
3 NFL passes 1 int for TD

The sunglasses are because he owns a bunch of sunglass huts in the area, he talked about it a few years ago on the show. As for who will start, I’m thinking it’s going to be Stidham. Bill loves competition, and I think he felt the kid needed competition to push him a bit and not get comfortable. As for Cam, worst case scenario, he comes in and shows what he can do in preseason and proves to other teams he is recovered from injury and another team picks him up.

Heisman Trophy Winner. #1 overall pick. NFL Most Valuable Player. Superbowl starting QB. One of only 3 players in history with 25k yards passing and 4k rushing yards (Newton, Young, Cunningham)

Vs

Did nothing in college.
4th round pick
3 NFL passes 1 int for TD

Using your logic, Bledsoe would have remained the starter and we would have never had Brady as the best QB ever. Also,Bill doesn’t give one single crap about what you did last year or in college

Using your logic, Bledsoe would have remained the starter and we would have never had Brady as the best QB ever. Also,Bill doesn’t give one single crap about what you did last year or in college

Yeah. I guess the only difference is Brady was actually a winner and clutch in Bowl Games and a winning college QB whereas Stidham didn't elevate his college team and also had choking losing moments multiple times. But keep telling yourself Newton is Bledsoe instead of Steve Young.

Last edited:
Has zo become a closet jets fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill