PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Wilson may have blown out his knee

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tonight's game, non contact, went down had to be taken out and didn't return. They're waiting for the results of the MRI.

the cut he made was eerily similar to the Edelman injury in preseason in Detroit.... check the videos....VERY similar

Saleh said the initial test on the knee indicated the ACL is intact but they won’t know until he gets an MRI tomorrow

I hear that a lot of the Jets' player's moms are coming with some feel-good memorobilia. Such a close group

Does suck for Zach tho

Last edited:
So to summarize: Wilson's ACL appears to be intact, per Saleh. As @diannaESPN reported earlier, and a source confirms, the early indication is that it could be PCL (same as last year). So right now the #Jets are hopeful it's not season ending. The MRI is tomorrow.

Texted the same thing to a few of my friends tonight.

Dr. Chao “updated” his article at 2:30 this morning….ie. he changed the wording in several places and added text in others. He clearly realized that he was way too confident in the initial assessment/opinion and now is trying to cover his tracks, hoping that most people did not see the original version. Kind of a weasley thing to do.

Actually curious : how many nfl QBs have bad / so so season’s top start their career and then turn it around ? I know a few become ‘serviceable’ but can anyone think of QBs who’ve stunk 2-3 years and become great ?

This is an unfortunate turn, but Wilson never seemed like he’d live up to the hype even before this.

Just from my memory Josh Allen was bad the first couple years. I'm no expert though...

Actually curious : how many nfl QBs have bad / so so season’s top start their career and then turn it around ? I know a few become ‘serviceable’ but can anyone think of QBs who’ve stunk 2-3 years and become great ?

This is an unfortunate turn, but Wilson never seemed like he’d live up to the hype even before this.

Just from my memory Josh Allen was bad the first couple years. I'm no expert though...

Allen wasn't so bad starting out (was immediately an elite running QB). Peyton Manning, however, threw almost 30 picks his first year.

Considering Wilson has only been in the NFL for one year, I'm not ready to say he's "stunk 2-3 years". He doesn't give me the most confidence, but I also thought Josh Allen would be a colossal bust.

Allen wasn't so bad starting out (was immediately an elite running QB). Peyton Manning, however, threw almost 30 picks his first year.

Considering Wilson has only been in the NFL for one year, I'm not ready to say he's "stunk 2-3 years". He doesn't give me the most confidence, but I also thought Josh Allen would be a colossal bust.
I know Wilson is young, but I guess I’m predicting this season will be as bad as last.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back