PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You're Bob Kraft. Would you bring in Lamar or?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want next year?

• Mac Jones, Belichick

• Tom Brady 1 year deal, Belichick

• Lamar Jackson, Belichick

• Tom Brady 1 year deal, Sean Payton

• Lamar Jackson, Sean Payton

• Attempt to clear Ray Lewis' name on Patsfans forum

• Ray Lewis killed a guy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes I'm fully aware most of these scenarios are unrealistic. I want to see what the board thinks.

You're the owner, and want one more run at a Super Bowl. Do you stick with the same and expect different results? Or make bold decisions?
You are right….Brady’s not coming back here and I have no idea whether Payton wants to coach again… but he would be a great fit and I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a head coaching vacancy here after this season… Lamar Jackson is certainly a big improvement over what we have now, but I don’t know that I would want to sign him long-term

About Butler being benched.... it's not hard to imagine Patricia recommending it to Belichick. And given that Belichick hired him again, I wouldn't doubt he'd have listened to Matt.

I guess ‘or’

No, Joker would have a stroke

Lamar ... or Joker? Joker, or Lamar? This is a no-brainer: JOKER ALL THE WAY! (Lamar just doesn't belong in a Patriots uniform.)

Lamar is in Baltimore for at least the next two seasons... At the very least the ratbirds will franchise him for the next two years running...

Brady? I would wager in his alone quiet time with Alex he's all - Nah. Been there done that.

We've hung our hat on Mac. Unless Zappe unseats him in the off-season I don't see that changing for year three.

What has to change is the QB coach and the online coach / offensive coordinator...

Kendrick Lamar.

Patricia didn't bench Malcolm Butler. There's no way in hell Belichick didn't sign off on that decision going into a Super Bowl.

And Kendrick Bourne isn't still in the doghouse because he missed a meeting in August. He's not productive (though he's certainly not alone) and he's had butterfingers with the ball in stretches.

We always do this... we take a guy we don't like, who has PLENTY of things we should criticize him for, and we just start arbitrarily adding things to rip him for even when they're not his fault.

The offense is a mess, and the two things that are going most wrong are the OL and general timing/spacing issues with the skill guys. Both of those things are MORE than enough to bury Patricia without going back in time and saying he's also responsible for the holocaust and the assassination of Kennedy.

Maybe someday rookies will start to ask for the removal of the team's ability to franchise tag them after their deal is up. It's mind boggling how Agents/1st and 2nd round picks haven't done this.

Maybe someday rookies will start to ask for the removal of the team's ability to franchise tag them after their deal is up. It's mind boggling how Agents/1st and 2nd round picks haven't done this.

I'd be more than fine with the franchise tag in general going bye bye, but at the very least make it a thing you can only use on guys on their second contracts. Young players good enough to get the franchise tag, by definition, have been underpaid through their rookie deals. No reason to force them to delay their life changing payday just because a team decides that for them.

Patricia didn't bench Malcolm Butler. There's no way in hell Belichick didn't sign off on that decision going into a Super Bowl.

I'm sure it was Patricia who made the recommendation and BB went along with it. BB places to much trust in Patricia, which is why the offense is a disaster

I'm sure it was Patricia who made the recommendation and BB went along with it. BB places to much trust in Patricia, which is why the offense is a disaster

And I'm sure BB asked for a justification for that recommendation and agreed with it, otherwise Butler would have been playing. No way he's not on board with the decision on that stage. Neither of us was there, so there's no way to know for sure. But Patricia just saying, "We need to bench Butler for the Super Bowl" and Bill just going, "Cool, sounds good" is a ludicrous thing to believe without evidence beyond, "BB like Matty very much".

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back