PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your pick for best WR of 07

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Best fantasy WR of course. I am completely torn. I don't think there is one legit, can't miss, dominant WR this year. The closest I could think of is Chad Johnson but he was pretty average last year. Steve Smith is the only legit weapon on his offense but it's tough to put up #'s consistantly in a bad offense. The reason I ask is because I have the #4 overall in my draft this year. Our league has 10 teams, each keeping 2 which basically makes this a 3rd round pick. I think I'll be in an ideal spot for a top level WR (all top QB's were kept and I kept 2 RB's).

On a Patriots note, I'll bet Stallworth will be a good option as a #2 or 3 WR. He could be available late and be a great value.

Last edited:
Tory Holt.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. - When is your draft? Soon? Before the schedule comes out? Or are you just getting a jump on next season?

Last edited:
steve smith was terrible for me down the stretch
as was andre johnson

chad tore it up for me some weeks, then others would disapear

you must be thinkin my whole team was wrs
think again

i also had housh, steven jackson, carson palmer, da bears, ladell betts (portis before gettin hurt), marques colston, gore, vince young, hasselbeck, etc

yeah, i shoulda won it all (for the second straight yr)
unfortunately i had my worst game of the yr in the semis

(i actually had the best game anyone had all yr in the conselation championship)

Tory Holt.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. - When is your draft? Soon? Before the schedule comes out? Or are you just getting a jump on next season?

Our draft isn't until August. I'm just bored with the offseason bickering in the main forum.

And I forgot about Andre Johnson... they have no TE or RB a young QB might just lob the ball his way when things go bad.

i had holt in the 06 season and i was thoroughly happy, until he disapeared when the rams started to lose, after going 4-1....

how are you doing your keeper leagues?

in my leauge we do it this way

1. you can keep up to 2 players on your roster
2. you cant keep a player that was drafted in the first 2 rounds
3. the value of your player increases 2 rounds, if he was drafted in rounds 3-9, so if i kept reggie wayne, who was drafted in the 3rd round, he would be my first round pick, as he was taken in the 3rd
4. for players drafted in rounds 10-16, their value increases 3 rounds, i took rivers in the 13th round, and kept him, so he woulde my 10th round pick...(huge steal for me)
5. UFA who had a surprising year (like colston) would be considered an above average player and is considered an 8th round pick
6. trades are optional - like trade draft picks, so if someone wanted rivers, and offered a 3rd or 4th round pick, and i accepted, then i'd tell him who to draft in that 3rd or 4th round, then after the draft i'd trade him rivers for that 3rd/4th round pick, which makes things a little complicated, most likely no one will trade picks for players until they get the hang of it in coming years....

the reason why we're not allowed to keep players that were drafted in the first 2 rounds is, well obviously its stupid/unfair....keeping manning or brady or LT/LJ every year...lol....

what about yours?

i had holt in the 06 season and i was thoroughly happy, until he disapeared when the rams started to lose, after going 4-1....

how are you doing your keeper leagues?

in my leauge we do it this way

1. you can keep up to 2 players on your roster
2. you cant keep a player that was drafted in the first 2 rounds
3. the value of your player increases 2 rounds, if he was drafted in rounds 3-9, so if i kept reggie wayne, who was drafted in the 3rd round, he would be my first round pick, as he was taken in the 3rd
4. for players drafted in rounds 10-16, their value increases 3 rounds, i took rivers in the 13th round, and kept him, so he woulde my 10th round pick...(huge steal for me)
5. UFA who had a surprising year (like colston) would be considered an above average player and is considered an 8th round pick
6. trades are optional - like trade draft picks, so if someone wanted rivers, and offered a 3rd or 4th round pick, and i accepted, then i'd tell him who to draft in that 3rd or 4th round, then after the draft i'd trade him rivers for that 3rd/4th round pick, which makes things a little complicated, most likely no one will trade picks for players until they get the hang of it in coming years....

the reason why we're not allowed to keep players that were drafted in the first 2 rounds is, well obviously its stupid/unfair....keeping manning or brady or LT/LJ every year...lol....

what about yours?
My league has one keeper and it can be whoever you want. Of course the LT, LJ and SA owners keep those guys. We're looking to change the rules so you can keep the same keeper for only 3 years max. I've been in the league for 3 years and the title game went like this:

Year 1: LT owner wins.
Year 2: LJ owner wins (over me...boo!).
Year 3: LT owner is runner up (to ME!).

Regards,
Chris

Our keeper rules are simple. You can keep up to 2 players with no penalty for up to 3 years. Our draft order is determined by last years standings, not rotating rounds. The playoff teams pick in reverse standing order (1st place picks #10, 2nd picks #9 etc.) non playoff teams pick in real order (6th place picks #1, 5th picks #2). This keeps non playoff teams from tanking the losers bracket for the first pick.

This is all of our first keeper league and our first off season so I'm sure they'll be some changes.
One that I proposed is a required 3 year contract for keepers. You can still cut the a keeper but you don't get another until his 3 year contract is up.

Another idea we were throwing out there is giving extra picks for not using keeper tags. The first round of the draft would be only teams that didn't keep anyone, the second round would be teams that kept two players then the 3rd round would include all teams.

Best fantasy WR of course. I am completely torn. I don't think there is one legit, can't miss, dominant WR this year. The closest I could think of is Chad Johnson but he was pretty average last year. Steve Smith is the only legit weapon on his offense but it's tough to put up #'s consistantly in a bad offense. The reason I ask is because I have the #4 overall in my draft this year. Our league has 10 teams, each keeping 2 which basically makes this a 3rd round pick. I think I'll be in an ideal spot for a top level WR (all top QB's were kept and I kept 2 RB's).

On a Patriots note, I'll bet Stallworth will be a good option as a #2 or 3 WR. He could be available late and be a great value.

I agree with you on Steve Smith but because he is the weapon he should put up good numbers.

I just got my list of keepers for all the teams. The only WR's kept were Harrison and Wayne. This means that I may consider moving up for Smith. If I can't move up then I DEFINATELY take him at #4.

Now that the schedule is out, look at the top WR's schedules during your playoff weeks. If you think CJ, Steve Smith and Tory Holt are all worthy of consideration, pick whoever appears to have the most favorable playoff schedule.

Regards,
Chris

I would have to go with Steve Smith or CJ. I know Smith doesn't have a very good QB right now, but he will make up for it with his talent, and he will be pissed from his average preformance in 06

This year's stud WR will be Roy Williams.

a.) He has tremendous talent.
b.) He plays on a pass first, second, and third offense.
c.) His team will be playing from behind...pass offense and garbage time yards/tds
d.) At least 9 of his game wills be in a dome, perfect pass conditions.

You could probably even trade down and still grab him.

I don't like to go QB until I have at least two RBs and a WR, but you may seriously want to consider Brady.

We all know about his new weapons, and don't forget the Pats are playing no a faster synthetic surface at home.

Brady will have his best statistical year.

I don't like to go QB until I have at least two RBs and a WR, but you may seriously want to consider Brady.

We all know about his new weapons, and don't forget the Pats are playing no a faster synthetic surface at home.

Brady will have his best statistical year.

If Brady were available I'd trade up to the 1st overall to take him regardless of price but his owner kept him. I'm looking at Brady as the #1 QB this year and top 5 player. In fact, let me start talking to his owner about trading for him... I'll keep you updated.

As far as Roy Williams I agree with most of your theory but their offense sucks! Even if he's a stud he'll put up slightly better than average numbers. If I could pick him up as my #2 or 3 I'll take him but I think he's got way too much bust potential to rely on every week.

best wide receiver? Owens, but he won't go up to his potential, but now you have to look at Randy Moss. First time he has had an amazing QB. And there are also receivers that will make a difference like Calvin Johnson, who will get lots of pass yards in Detroit, and is arguably going to be one of the best receivers in the NFL when he reaches his potential.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back