PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your expectations from 2017 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbno12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It's never too early to talk and get excited about what our team is going to look like in the coming season. With the additions Pats have already made via free agency, this team looks poised to numerous records. I, for one, prefer another ring more than anything else. That said, one record I would like to see get broken is Peyton's TD record in a season.

With the kind of running backs we have and with Brady aging, we probably won't throw as much but looking at Hogan,Mitchell, Dola, Edelman and Cooks it's not impossible.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
While seeing any record broken is always nice, I don't care about that kind of stuff. Personally, while very optimistic, I'm pumping the brakes a bit on the "lock for another SB" talk. That's always the goal in any year, but lots of things still need to fall right for that to happen.

I'm expecting at least an 11-5 record with yet another divisional crown, then we'll see how things look from there.

What I'd like to see:

19-0
All sorts of offensive/ coaching records broken
Gronk & Dion Lewis stay relatively healthy
A few shutouts/ blowouts
Dominant OL
Homefield Throughout

What I'd LOVE to see:

Goodell thrown from the nosebleeds @ Gillette on opening kickoff night

The New England Patriot's 6th SB Title! (Blowout hopefully) :D

If a defending Super Bowl champ makes improvements during the offseason I think it's reasonable that the fans all have Super Bowl aspirations again for the next year.

True fans would also realize that it's more of a 'goal' and not exactly a lock. There have been many great teams that haven't won the championship because there is some luck involved too (staying health, catching a few breaks, etc).

As for 'how they play' well, I do make highlight tapes so I obviously root for as many good drives and TDs as possible. As for breaking records though, that's not important to me at all.

I just hope to enjoy another season watching Brady and being a little more relaxed than I was before they won SB49. After all, regardless of how this season turns out we have a lot ot be happy for. I'm trying to 'enjoy the ride' more than anything.

19-0 if Gronk and others stay healthy is possible. Need to keep Butler and upgrade the edge guys a bit in the draft though. The Pats going 19-0 would take away the sting from 07 forever.

Last edited:
If we stay healthy, I have no doubt in my mind that we make SB and may be win it too. The last two times we were relatively healthy, we won the SB.
Though Gronk wasn't there for most of 2016, we had enough talented players on offense to complement each other.

I am being greedy in hoping for good health, SB and some records :D

The pat going 19-0 would take away the sting from 07 forever
It would, man. It definitely would.

Some of us are still trying to recover from the run that happened 10 yrs ago though, so that's not a place I will go to until at least December.

Biggest risk I see to a repeat is health of the O-line. Other injuries you can likely work around. They are only thin at a couple of positions (O-line, D-Line, maybe linebackers). Everywhere else they are as resilient a team as there is in the NFL.

The pat going 19-0 would take away the sting from 07 forever

I was as devastated as the rest of you on this board after 07. My advice would be the concentrate on the 5 we did win. Once you do so you'll realize as bad as it seemed at the time you're still blessed with a great success all things considered.

Superbowl winners. Anything else is a failure.

Can't help myself: I think this is going to be one of the best Pats teams ever. I don't know that they can go undefeated - injuries and weird bounces happen - but I'm pretty optimistic about another championship. I find it really hard to sustain much skepticism when I take into account all the upgrades we've seen this off-season to what was already proven to be the best team in the league.

Kinda early to make complete predictions but what the hell.

Offense is absurd. 500 points is very attainable although I think they are running the ball more this year so to prevent TB12 from throwing 40 times a game.

With a draft and typical BB dumpster diving during TC and the regular season still to go, I expect the D to be very good regardless. Should be in the ballpark of last year's.

Even though I've read that their schedule isn't as hard as it looks, it looks pretty damn challenging to me. I think one loss will be directly attributed to travel. 5 of 6 games on the road...sheesh.

13-3...barring injuries they will be in the Super Bowl. I just don't see another AFC team challenging them.

Bipolar GDTs.
Lots of fun.
Lots of wins.
One more Belichick trophy.

I think 10 years later BB is trying right a wrong by NOT losing after going 18-0. The new saying around Foxboro should be "No. Helmet. Catch.". Other than that I think they'll do OK, barring major injuries. Hate to talk about 19-0 but BB is loading up and not yet done.
loading_gun.jpg

For 2017, right now I look forward to seeing where they hang the 5th banner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back