PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your draft wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Aside from the stud, top 20 talents (Willis, Landry), who is the player you most want to see in a Pats uniform next year.

For me, it is LaMarr Woodley. The guy just lays it, and he loves the game. After that, I'm still high on Merriweather, and would love to see him playing alongside Rodney and Asante.

Aside from the stud, top 20 talents (Willis, Landry), who is the player you most want to see in a Pats uniform next year.

For me, it is LaMarr Woodley. The guy just lays it, and he loves the game. After that, I'm still high on Merriweather, and would love to see him playing alongside Rodney and Asante.

Why you got to go and steal my thunder, son? LOL!

Pat's trade pick 24 to Tampa for their two second rounders.

They draft Griffin at 28 and take Woodley and David Harris in Round 2.

That would be sweet.

Although trading both two's for Willis or Landry would work for me also.

It's like effing Christmas.

That would be sweet.

I would definatly do that, unfortunatly I don't make decisions for the patriots

That would be sweet.

Although trading both two's for Willis or Landry would work for me also.

It's like effing Christmas.

Dude that would sweet...I have a strong feeling something like is going to happen....Real value is in the 2nd thru 4th rounds...I am all for Woody,but I like Siler from the Gators...26 more days I can't wait....GO PATS!!!!:rocker:

Brian Leonard!!!!!!!!!!

Willis would be a dream but after his pro-day I doubt he will be around at 24. I think Reggie Nelson would be fit in great and allow Eugene Wilson to move to corner. But above all else Brian Leonard would absolutely make my weekend. Being a Rutgers alum I have seen every game and can attest that this guy is the blueprint of the kind of player the pats covet. Super versatile, probably the best pass catching back in the draft, superb athlete with outstanding moves including the famed leonard leap, is not a great lead blocker but picks up the blitz very well. Can become the perfect goal line/short yardage and third down back. Will always take a backseat and play any role as long as it benefits the team. We are gonna have to trade into the mid second round to land him, cause he will be gone by the third.

Re: Brian Leonard!!!!!!!!!!

Willis would be a dream but after his pro-day I doubt he will be around at 24. I think Reggie Nelson would be fit in great and allow Eugene Wilson to move to corner. But above all else Brian Leonard would absolutely make my weekend. Being a Rutgers alum I have seen every game and can attest that this guy is the blueprint of the kind of player the pats covet. Super versatile, probably the best pass catching back in the draft, superb athlete with outstanding moves including the famed leonard leap, is not a great lead blocker but picks up the blitz very well. Can become the perfect goal line/short yardage and third down back. Will always take a backseat and play any role as long as it benefits the team. We are gonna have to trade into the mid second round to land him, cause he will be gone by the third.

I think Leonard will be a great player in the NFL.

My problem is that unless he becomes the second coming of John Riggins, he takes away from addressing the Pats biggest need.....getting some youth and depth on the defensive side of the ball.

He's not a first rounder, and that "famed Leonard leap" will get him beat up in the NFL. Also, as you pointed out, he's not that great of a lead blocker. He's not the best pass catching back in the draft either. Booker, Lynch, and Wolfe all catch better. Honestly, I think he's a little overhyped, especially with Patriots fans. The guy moved to FB because they got a better RB in Ray Rice. Usually if someone else comes in who is better than you, it doesn't translate to you having first round talent. He's a late second/early third in my book, especially as a RB.

I would have to say (and I am a little biased) that Paul Posluszny is the player I would most like to see the Patriots take. I think he is a defensive leader who would fit right into our locker room at Gillette.

If not the PUZ, then I would like two (maybe more) of the following:
Michael Griffin
Meriweather
David Harris
Lamar Woodley
Tony Hunt
Josh Gattis

Any combo of a safety from my list, Harris, and Hunt would actually make my weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes