PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys a got a GREAT WR.... Raider fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM said:
I was gonna say that. You stole my tucking thunder.
Just loaded the shotgun, I'm starting to think like NEM:)

i searched Youtube..no luck :(

the snow game right? i remember that

NEM said:
Thanks. Everything that I have read thus far really confuses me as to why the Raiders would let him go. .
They signed Jeff George, dementia Davis doesn't need reasons.

After reading all the threads concerning the trade, my hunch is its for a number two draft choice (unless there is a Branch/three way involved). Do you think Al Davis has forgotten the snow game. I was living in Tampa during the "negotiations" for Gruden (he being the coach Al didn't want around anymore) and all he got for him was two number one's and two number two's. A number two pick, count on it.

Remix 6 said:
i searched Youtube..no luck :(

the snow game right? i remember that
Heres a small Gif i saved on my computer of that play
02144722tnd9.gif

Last edited:
You are a classy guy. And BTW, as an unbaised Patriot fan, I thought the Art Shell signing for you guys was a good one.

When we got our coach BB, his first year was 5-11 as he sorted out some issues. It will take time, but I think Shell will do it.

AndroidRaider24 said:
02144722tnd9.gif

Is that Gabriel????

How crap sweet Champ got OWNED!!!:cool:

SICK!!

I cant wait to see this guy on the field!

AndroidRaider24 said:
Congrats guys... he is a hard worker that makes plays.... he was the 2nd best WR on our team behind Moss, and he has learned from the best (Rice and Brown) .... Best of all he keeps his mouth shut and never complained as he moved up from the 4th WR to the 2nd in 2 years.....

The guy is big and fast... and just knows how to flat out play football... im still in shock why we traded him and i fell if we got anything thing less than a 2nd rounder you guys robbed us.....

Look for him to have a big year... Excuse me while i go drink the pain away. :mad:

Welcome to our site, and thanks for all the positive news. We're all pretty pumped here, and frankly can't believe the turn of events. Thanks again.

AndroidRaider24 said:
02144722tnd9.gif

Thanks for stopping by - for your sake - good luck this year, would love to see you this year (means playoffs). I think we meet next year for sure in Oakland, when we make our West Coast swing.

And he can play in the snow :)

Just as an FYI about Gabriel's hands, I used to see him make amazing grabs downfield in college.

But then again, I thought Mike Williams was a stud based on the amazing grabs he made in college.

upstater1 said:
Just as an FYI about Gabriel's hands, I used to see him make amazing grabs downfield in college.

But then again, I thought Mike Williams was a stud based on the amazing grabs he made in college.

Well he's been solid in the NFL and Mike Williams hasn't.....:D

This is great news! Hopefully Gabriel can get the basics of the system down on short notice.

Thanks for the scouting report on him, AndroidRaider24. Very nice of you to come here and give us that information.

:)

Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24

HAHA Watson and Gabriel must give Bailey nightmares!!!!!!!!

upstater1 said:

Wow. Gabriel coming to us? I used to watch this guy play for University of Central Florida- with Culpepper and have followed his NFL career. I know we don't see much of him on the west coast, but the guy is good. Still shocked that the Raiders let him get away. Unselfish player. Once again, BB and Pioli did thier homework on this guy.

PatsRI said:
They signed Jeff George, dementia Davis doesn't need reasons.

Don't be so quick to think this is bad judgement on Davis' part. First, we don't know what we gave up for him. Second, I believe he is coming into his final contract year (4th year, just a guess he had a 4 year contract). The Raiders may have significant dollars devoted to the WR position already with their current remaining roster. If the Raiders had no intention of signing him again at what they perceived would be devoting too much money for the WR position, why not get something for him. To me, under that scenario, it makes sense to get something good for a guy (if they got a #2 from us, you would think the Raiders did at least ok for themselves. Also, kind of makes Branch's argument of fair compensation at a #2 for him even more laughable). Another scenario might be that the Raiders perceive their own current lack of passing ability. With Moss grabbing a lot of receptions, maybe they thought the numbers wouldn't be their for Gabriel. Under that scenario, it is possible they saw his value as highest right now. Lastly, past performance and widely held belief of good potential doesn't guarantee a thing. To me it's unlikely the Raiders said 'let's give the Patriots a guy who will be a star for next to nothing'. I hope this was a move about money, current and future money, and less about performance (or at least their proved ultimately wrong about performance). Of course we needed a WR and a guy filled with solid potential and decent past performance is just what a nervous fan like myself needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots