PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yoo-hoo... patfanken... something slip your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for you kind words. But the truth is that after the game I sat down to do the column, but after some thought, I didn't think of what I could add to what you'd get from a lot of different sources including the post game and rewatch threads

I want to write stuff that ADDS something to the conversation, not just something that repeats what everyone else is saying, and quite frankly my muse must have been sleeping (or watching Madame Secretary. ;) ), because nothing came to mind.

I'll try to do better next time.
You need a course in clickbait journalism.

He did write a message last season that he wasn't going to write them anymore.
Idle thoughts - the final edition

He wrote:
called this the "last edition" because it is. I feel like newspapers today with dwindling interest and readership. Besides I have found that there have been too many nights when I'd rather just go to sleep than spend 2 or 3 hours pumping this out. So while I'm not going anywhere and look forward to reading threads and participating in them, I simply don't want to feel the obligation to do this anymore.....even though I really do know that I have no obligation to do this.

Frankly I would pitch in a few bucks a year to make it a paying gig for him if that would add incentive (maybe a Patreon acct or something) but that would also probably take away the magic for him, add pressure, and make it suck. Keep it fun Ken you don't want my million dollars anyway. o_O

I definitely appreciate it, and miss it when it isn't there.

You guys fret over Ken's well-being more in a week than my kids do over my health in a decade.

I seem to recall Ken posting a while back that he might be cutting back but he was generous enough to continue

Last I knew Patfanken had made an official "Don't count on me to do this every week like clockwork any more" post a several months back.

But then proceeded to do them every week like clockwork. ;)

They are absolutely my favorite post game threads and the thing I look forward to reading the most but I certainly understand how and why they might come to feel like work rather than cathartic sharing with the guys.

Speaking of who runs purgatory.... the nuns taught me it was a "temporary" hell.
So you're burning up in the flames and the devil is jabbing you with the pitchfork.
But at some point you're "clean" and you go to heaven.
So it must be a joint venture by God and Satan. A partnership. Religion is so damn confusing. Don't even get me started on "limbo".

Then there is always the familiar diatribe (aka brainwashing) about the 6th Commandment, the be all and end all of how our lives should proceed.. the boundaries were very well defined.. no impure thoughts or deeds.

When I was in Catholic Grammar school the nuns used to follow us into the bathroom, they watched our backs as we lined up to use the urinal so no "hanky panky" might take place, they knew little about he sexual prowess of latency aged children..

Meanwhile in the rectories and sacristies of churches.. never mind, know too many victims of nefarious power and abuse..

the boundaries were very well defined.. no impure thoughts or deeds.
Well, that settles it. I’m absolutely screwed.

When I was in Catholic Grammar school the nuns used to follow us into the bathroom, they watched our backs as we lined up to use the urinal so no "hanky panky" might take place, they knew little about he sexual prowess of latency aged children..
Are you saying that the nuns used to go into the bathrooms with us so we wouldn’t whack off, or so no one would “pull a fnord” and turn it into a gay romp house, sashaying around with rosary beads, prayer books, and lipstick stolen from their mom’s purse?

Speaking of who runs purgatory.... the nuns taught me it was a "temporary" hell.
So you're burning up in the flames and the devil is jabbing you with the pitchfork.
So it must be a joint venture by God and Satan. A partnership. Religion is so damn confusing. Don't even get me started on "limbo".

Silly nuns. They were so naive. Jets fans are proof that purgatory is forever.

Thanks for you kind words. But the truth is that after the game I sat down to do the column, but after some thought, I didn't think of what I could add to what you'd get from a lot of different sources including the post game and rewatch threads

I want to write stuff that ADDS something to the conversation, not just something that repeats what everyone else is saying, and quite frankly my muse must have been sleeping (or watching Madame Secretary. ;) ), because nothing came to mind.

I'll try to do better next time.

Uh,Ken, you DID do better.
One of the things that makes your idle thoughts worth reading is that it DOES add something.
If you ain't feeling it,then don't do it.
Sometimes less is more.
A lot of the local media could learn from that.
E.g., if we got LESS from felger,mazz et al,we would be MORE informed.....
...and LESS nauseous.

That"s not far off. Except for the devil part LOL

From the Catechism:

The Final Purification, or Purgatory

1030 All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

1031 The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned.604 The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent. the tradition of the Church, by reference to certain texts of Scripture, speaks of a cleansing fire:605

As for certain faults, we must believe that, before the Final Judgment, there is a purifying fire. He who is truth says that whoever blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will be pardoned neither in this age nor in the age to come. From this sentence we understand that certain offenses can be forgiven in this age, but certain others in the age to come.606

1032 This teaching is also based on the practice of prayer for the dead, already mentioned in Sacred Scripture: "Therefore Judas atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin."607 From the beginning the Church has honored the memory of the dead and offered prayers in Eucharistic sacrifice, so that, thus purified, they may attain the beatific vision of God.608

The Church also commends almsgiving and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead: Let us help and commemorate them. If Job's sons were purified by their father's sacrifice, why would we doubt that our offerings for the dead bring them some consolation? Let us not hesitate to help those who have died and to offer our prayers for them.609

Purgatory really is a process, not a place. So my post saying patfanken and Andy Johnson were together in 'purgatory' was taking some poetic license. Mea culpa; I didn't mean to derail the focus on Ken... or expect a purgatorial sidebar version of the Spanish Inquisition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes