PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Year of the trade up

Yes that sounds great. But what would BB do? :poop:

This could be a year to trade into the top 3-7 or trade for Watson, QB is so important I would be inclined to overpay (1st 2021, 3rd 2021, 1st 2022, 3rd 2022) about 1050, 1050, 80, 80 = 2360, again a bit of an overpay but worth it they get "their" guy.

If we trade up for lance or wilson i will throw a Party on draft day

Several of these kids are vastly overrated simply because they are QBs. Not worth the risk of taking a kid at 10 or 15 that should be in the second or third round.

Trading that many picks for Watson actually kills your future. From both a young talent and a salary cap perspective.

Several of these kids are vastly overrated simply because they are QBs. Not worth the risk of taking a kid at 10 or 15 that should be in the second or third round.

Trading that many picks for Watson actually kills your future. From both a young talent and a salary cap perspective.

It is crazy to trade up in the draft takes a ton but to trade for a veteran is generally less expensive, let's say #1 this year and next year. Houston needs draft picks and the Pats get top end QB entering his prime with a salary comparable to other top 10 quarterbacks.

Not my money, but I would do it.

This times 1000. Wilson is my favorite player in the draft. I think he’d be PERFECT for the Pats. He’s the type of QB who makes nobodies into somebodies. There is no Davanta Smith or Jalen Waddle at BYU. Hell even Metchie would probably be a stud WR at BYU. I know I sound crazy, but I bet he could even turn Harry into a good WR. Ok, maybe I’m going overboard.

Lance ? He would bring our offense into the 21st century. He can run as well as any QB in the draft, and I LOVE the way he throws the ball. He has an excellent arm. That overhand quick compact release. Just love watching him play. Plus he’s a winner. Went his whole FRESHMAN season without a turnover, and accounted for 42 TDs that season. He threw 2 INTs his only game this year, but I think he threw a TD pass and ran for 2.

Man, I’d be thrilled with either QB. I think both are going to be good to great NFL QBs.

This times 1000. Wilson is my favorite player in the draft. I think he’d be PERFECT for the Pats. He’s the type of QB who makes nobodies into somebodies. There is no Davanta Smith or Jalen Waddle at BYU. Hell even Metchie would probably be a stud WR at BYU. I know I sound crazy, but I bet he could even turn Harry into a good WR. Ok, maybe I’m going overboard.

Lance ? He would bring our offense into the 21st century. He can run as well as any QB in the draft, and I LOVE the way he throws the ball. He has an excellent arm. That overhand quick compact release. Just love watching him play. Plus he’s a winner. Went his whole FRESHMAN season without a turnover, and accounted for 42 TDs that season. He threw 2 INTs his only game this year, but I think he threw a TD pass and ran for 2.

Man, I’d be thrilled with either QB. I think both are going to be good to great NFL QBs.
Yeah i would be happy to get one of them..twilson is probably out of reach to expennsive trade up. I hope Jones goes earlier than Lance but trade up is probably still neccesary

You just jinxed us...now BB will trade down! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No thanks on Lance....looks like Cam Newton 2.0. The guy hasn't played much and doesn't play against top competition.....HARD PASS.

No thanks on Lance....looks like Cam Newton 2.0. The guy hasn't played much and doesn't play against top competition.....HARD PASS.
Agree on the competition but look at Wilson he hd not exactly the best competition either, or earlier bama, OSU QB's with the best competition did not exactly had a great nfl carreer. COmpetition doesn't mean this guy can't be succesfull. He has all the tools, mobility, arm strength, physical, size to be a good nfl qb. We woud need to redshirt for some time to work on some decision making, acuracy maybe but when you think you can teach that it's worth. Without a qb we won't be a PO team even with weapons. I am not sold on some Vet QB trade options. Did not play much yeah but Jones Burrow for example did have only one great year. Let's see how Pro Day reports are. He is still young. I think he has a nice ceiling so value is there for me

I really don’t know what to think of him one way or another. I wish the East/West Shrine game was happening and he was somehow playing in it so we could get an idea of how he looks against future pros and not future Whole Foods employees. I’d rather have Wilson then Trask then Jones.

Trade for Watson and OBJ. The offense will be set for the next 3 years at least!!

Agree on the competition but look at Wilson he hd not exactly the best competition either, or earlier bama, OSU QB's with the best competition did not exactly had a great nfl carreer. COmpetition doesn't mean this guy can't be succesfull. He has all the tools, mobility, arm strength, physical, size to be a good nfl qb. We woud need to redshirt for some time to work on some decision making, acuracy maybe but when you think you can teach that it's worth. Without a qb we won't be a PO team even with weapons. I am not sold on some Vet QB trade options. Did not play much yeah but Jones Burrow for example did have only one great year. Let's see how Pro Day reports are. He is still young. I think he has a nice ceiling so value is there for me
If he's available in the 3rd round, which is where he should be ranked.

This could be a year to trade into the top 3-7 or trade for Watson, QB is so important I would be inclined to overpay (1st 2021, 3rd 2021, 1st 2022, 3rd 2022) about 1050, 1050, 80, 80 = 2360, again a bit of an overpay but worth it they get "their" guy.

There you go, market has been set, with haul Detroit got for Stafford, the bidding for Watson starts at 3 firsts.. I would still consider it.

There you go, market has been set, with haul Detroit got for Stafford, the bidding for Watson starts at 3 firsts.. I would still consider it.

will the Jets or Miami step up and offer a king’s ransom for Watson?

Theoretically, after Houston unloads Watson to either Miami or the Jets, if qb Wilson (who San Fran has the hots for) is still on the board, Houston could flip the first pick they get in the Watson trade, to San Fran for another board load of picks,

then San Fran might feel like clearing some cap space by trading jimmy back to us.

will the Jets or Miami step up and offer a king’s ransom for Watson?

Theoretically, after Houston unloads Watson to either Miami or the Jets, if qb Wilson (who San Fran has the hots for) is still on the board, Houston could flip the first pick they get in the Watson trade, to San Fran for another board load of picks,

then San Fran might feel like clearing some cap space by trading jimmy back to us.
Add Wentz into the mix, I would trade #15 for Wentz.

Wouldn’t the colts be the best landing spot for wentz?

The Patriots should definitely trade down, at least once. If the Patriots do not get a 3 for Brady compensation, you can be SURE they will trade down; no way BB heads into the draft with no number 3.

But in general the Patriots should trade down because they have so many holes to fill. Now that the Patriots are not a fashionable choice for free agents, it is will be even more important to use draft picks to upgrade the team.

This draft is going to be a turning point for the team. If they screw it up again with an early round WR (or DB), it could go really bad. I am really worried about them picking WRs; the Patriots desperately need help there, but BB is simply incapable of making good WR picks. He fails again and again and never seems to learn. He and McDaniels seem to overthink the whole process; I have simpler approach--just pick a guy who can get open! How can a schlub like me do a better job at evaluating WRs than them. It buggers[sic] the imagination.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back