PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees: Worst inning in franchise history!

My buddie at the shop had made a bet with one of the bosses that the Yankees would win 116 games this year.
I'll bet he wishes he never made that bet now.:p

Go Indians! My second favorite team is whoever beats the
Skanks.

The Yankees stink. They have the starting arms, but the pen sucks. They have no defense and the offense can only do so much. That new stadium, which is half empty, was a waste of money. But year in and year out all the experts pick them to be thegreatest thing ever. They are over rated and it is a matterof time until Fat Ass and Burnett go on the DL.

That game was a funny sight, but the Yankees amazingly are still above .500

The Yankees stink. They have the starting arms, but the pen sucks. They have no defense and the offense can only do so much. That new stadium, which is half empty, was a waste of money. But year in and year out all the experts pick them to be thegreatest thing ever. They are over rated and it is a matterof time until Fat Ass and Burnett go on the DL.

Their pen is pretty decent.

The Yankees don't get it and they never will get it as long as Cashman is the GM; his solution to a problem is to throw money at it. They outspend everyone every year and what has it gotten them since 2000? How about nothing. Two World Series losses to inferior teams and a historic, epic choke job in the 2004 ALCS.

They haven't won a playoff series since, let alone get back to the ALCS or the World Series and them not making the playoffs with the highest payroll in baseball last year only proves the point that you cannot solve problems by backing up a dump truck full of scratch.

One of my customers is a diehard yahoo Yankees fan who insists they are going to EASILY win 110 games this year and win it all.

Guess what, if they do, it's because they should have with the signing of the top three free agents on the market last year and everyone will say so what, big deal. If they don't, it will be an epic failure and everyone will be laughing their balls off...........................

I think their problem is the ownership and not Cashman. Cashman has wanted to avoid the big money free agents at times in favor of drafting good home grown talent but when the Boss tells you to do something, you are gonna do it.

They lost to the Marlins in the 2003 WS, after losing David Wells in the 1st inning, of a critical game 5. They lost game 1, after a huge series with the Redsox, 3-2, and lost Game 4 in extra innings (12th inning). They outscored the Marlins overall, but lost 2 critical 1 run games. Furthermore, inferior is hardly the word I'd use to describe a Florida team that had Ivan Rodriquez, Luis Castillo, Alex Gonzalez, Mike Lowell, Miguel Cabrera, Brad Penny, Dontrelle Willis, Carl Pavano, Josh Beckett, Braden Looper, Ugeth Urbina, AJ Burnett, Derek Lee, Jeff Conine, etc.

The Yankees around that time had the core of an All Star team. Yes, the Marlins were inferior.

The Yankees around that time had the core of an All Star team. Yes, the Marlins were inferior.

I think I listed 9 or 10 players that have made allstar teams from that Florida roster. Please don't fall in love with names, and ignore talent. I'd say the Yankees were certainly the favorites in that series, but the Marlins weren't the chopped liver team, that everyone assumed they were, at the time.

Was TB inferior to the Redsox last year, even though the Sox roster was loaded with a core of allstars? I don't think so. TB is loaded with talent, just like Florida was in 2003. I thought the Redsox were going to win last years series, and I was kinda surprised that they didn't. Still, I know why they didn't, and thats's cuz TB is loaded with talent.

Last edited:
They didn't win because Beckett was hurt.

And Lowell was playing despite not being able to walk. And lowrie was playing with a broken wrist. And Drew was playing with a screwed up back. That team was beat to hell.

And Lowell was playing despite not being able to walk. And lowrie was playing with a broken wrist. And Drew was playing with a screwed up back. That team was beat to hell.

True. Even with all their injuries, if only Beckett was healthy, they would have won despite all the hurt players.

A healthy Beckett wins game two and the Red Sox take the series in six games.

Ok, let's forget about the 2003 Marlins, aka murders row. Oh and I love how Yankee fans point to the 2003 ALCS with the Sox as a reason they lost to the Marlins, ie, the series wore them out. The Red Sox came back from 0-3 vs the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS and proceeded to steamroll the Cardinals in 4 games, who were a much better team than the Marlins.

How about that powerhouse Diamondbacks team; had Kim not fallen on sword not once but twice, that series is over in five..............

Yankees lead by 2 runs in the 9th with Mariano on the mound.
Jason Bay hits a 2 run shot to tie it then Youkalis hits a walkoff to win..

Last edited:

How about a little walk down memory lane. HBO did a segment on the Yankees great playoff win against Oakland in 2001. They glorified the Yankees because they beat the Athletics right after 9/11. They were truly champions.........................now that you've flushed, let's continue. There are a number of teams in which anything other then a World Championship is a failure (Celtics, Patriots) and NYY is included in that list. Guess what, they didn't win that year. But you know who did? A freakin' team called the "PATRIOTS" who wear red white and blue.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back