PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo Sports will start streaming NFL playoff games this weekend

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Thanks man. That's a life saver for me.

Good stuff as long as you do not have to pay for data on a mobile device.

"The movement in the world is for consumers to go mobile," he said.

The NFL and Verizon deal fits with that strategy, with Armstrong saying it was one of the first big "building blocks." The two announced the multiyear partnership in December, saying customers and Oath site users — which include Yahoo Sports, Yahoo and AOL — would be able to stream football games. Previously only Verizon customers could watch live streamed mobile games. The deal reportedly cost Verizon more than $1.5 billion over five years.

What I wanna know is if I can use a VPN to get 'in-market' games wherever I want.

Cause that'll save me like $200 a year on Gamepass.

I’m very intrigued in seeing where game broadcasting will head towards over the next several years.

Yahoo is involved? That should go over well, just like their constantly hacked email accounts and terribly written news articles.

What I wanna know is if I can use a VPN to get 'in-market' games wherever I want.

Only way I go back to gamepass next year is if over summer they bring in on par with the previous non-html5 version we had the last 5-6 years. Otherwise screw this..

That used to work but may or may not be fixed. Haven't used that trick in a few years. Now I pay a lot less than $200 for an illegal service which is like Gamepass but I imagine better (I never actually had Gamepass but the local restriction must be prohibitively annoying). PM if you want details

I’m very intrigued in seeing where game broadcasting will head towards over the next several years.

It makes sense to me that they would adopt a Netflix-like format which allows you to either watch whatever games are currently on or watch old games. Probably with tiered pricing for which content you get access too.

But I think the TV lobby is going to **** with that for as long as we all live. We will never be able to legally stream local games for as long as TV companies have this much pull.

Thanks for the heads up!

Is it just for the app on iPhone/ipad or can i stream it off sports. Yahoo.com and hdmi connect to my tv??

Thanks for the heads up!

Is it just for the app on iPhone/ipad or can i stream it off sports. Yahoo.com and hdmi connect to my tv??
it seems like it's just through the app:

How to watch NFL playoffs on Yahoo Sports' mobile app

The first NFL playoff game to livestream on the Yahoo Sports app (IOS and Android) will be Saturday’s afternoon contest between the top-seeded Philadelphia Eagles and the No. 6 Atlanta Falcons, a game that kicks off at 4:35 ET.

Users can download the app and watch the game regardless of mobile network.

The second playoff game, which will also be on the app, is in the AFC between the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and the Tennessee Titans. That game is scheduled to kick off at 8:15 p.m.

Using the yahoo link now. It's not bad. a couple of freezes now and then.

So I am in Germany and installed the app. It loaded Bundesliga in my headlines and when I go to NFL and click on the falcons-iggles all I get is the game stats and down-distance game tracking. Is there some secret button for streaming or is it not appearing overseas???

So I am in Germany and installed the app. It loaded Bundesliga in my headlines and when I go to NFL and click on the falcons-iggles all I get is the game stats and down-distance game tracking. Is there some secret button for streaming or is it not appearing overseas???

If you are talking about yahoo.com I'm not sure.

Will they be doing it next week?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back