PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wrongly Convicted Player Released After 5 Years In Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy still has college eligibility right? If he is good enough to get tryouts he could probably get a scholarship somewhere, going into the NFL not playing football for 5 years would be a rough leap.

what is at all confusing?
no sex = no rape

The only wiggle room is if oral sex was involved, but I would think that such activity would fall under the "anything like that" category.

She is a lying tramp. Isn't that completely clear to anyone? It was completely clear to the judge.
I haven't seen "no sex" anywhere. If you have, please post it. The only quote I've seen is...
"Gibson met with Banks and a private investigator and recanted her preliminary hearing testimony that Banks raped her," his attorneys wrote. She said that the two had been "making out pretty heavy," but that they did not have intercourse or "anything like that."
I can't imagine anyone actually believing that intercourse is the contemporary standard for rape.

I haven't seen "no sex" anywhere. If you have, please post it.

There's this site called google that will direct you to a great many reports of exactly that.

One example:

out of the blue Wanetta Gibson inexplicably friended Banks on Facebook. Upon getting the notice Banks said “I stopped what I was doing, and got down on my knees and prayed to God to help me play my cards right.”

Banks setup an initial meeting with Gibson where she admitted that she had lied and that there had been no kidnap and no rape and she offered to help him clear his record. She refused however to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against Long Beach schools.

Ex-Football Player Brian Banks Exonerated after 5 Years in Jail on False Rape Charge | AfroDaddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes