PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Percy Harvin On The Outs In Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get him, but not at the expense of NOT paying for Welker's extension. IF we can afford both under the cap, I'd be all for it. Harvin helps our return game, receiver group, and our running back group.

He certainly is a wrecking crew. You would think with all the migraines constantly talked about that he would of missed more than 3 games prior to this season?

If they really wanted to get a player similiar to Harvin on the cheap they could draft Tavon Austin from West Virginia. You never know what your gonna get with college rookies but he is fun to watch. If they don't sign Welker then this is the guy I want.

1 ~ Thank you for all the rich Content that you've added to this discussion.

2 ~ You obviously put a lot of thought into it, and have a clue what you're talking about.

3 ~ Shift Keys are nice.

Off The Grid criticizing another poster's message formatting? I have no words ...

Harvin is a major talent, but his migraine issues are kind of scary.

3. You didn't mention it, but I think that "character" issues could be a factor. BB was supposedly high on the kid, but he has been tempermental and had problems with the coaching staff. That would need to be evaluated.

All things to consider. But I can't see why the idea of potentially being interested in Harvin would be not "valid".

We signed Talib and Moss recently along with haynewsorth and ocho stinko...i think his character issues have no bearing on him being here or not.

Of course the pats would be interested in bringing in harvin..but trading mallett for percy harvin? That's not happening with all of the QBs set to hit FA...and mallett has proved nothing. Vikings would have to be oakland raiders dumb to do that trade

Last edited:
We signed Talib and Moss recently along with haynewsorth and ocho stinko...i think his character issues have no bearing on him being here or not.

Of course the pats would be interested in bringing in harvin..but trading mallett for percy harvin? That's not happening with all of the QBs set to hit FA...and mallett has proved nothing. Vikings would have to be oakland raiders dumb to do that trade

Or Harvin REALLY wants out... For what it's worth, I'd throw a third together with Mallett if we had the cap room for Harvin, Welker and Talib.

Yup we need to prioritize signing Talib. His arrival in NE has had a domino effect to improve the secondary. I still think we target secondary in the draft. That position just gets injuries too often. And extra depth is always needed.

Like all off season gets, I'm for it. If it works, cool. If not, trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back