PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Keenan Allen

More intereting to me isthe comparisons in general of Dobson to Allen. Theyre completely different types of receivers.

If anything, Thompkins probably fits the mold of what Allen wouldve done here (both build and style), and he went undrafted...so...value-pats.

Thompkins obviously isnt as good, and Dobson hasnt produced quite as much as allen (injuries mostly, because he was coming on really strong before the foot injury)

Hell, Boyce looked solid against the Browns too. The complaints over this WR draft are asinine.

More intereting to me isthe comparisons in general of Dobson to Allen. Theyre completely different types of receivers.

If anything, Thompkins probably fits the mold of what Allen wouldve done here (both build and style), and he went undrafted...so...value-pats.

Thompkins obviously isnt as good, and Dobson hasnt produced quite as much as allen (injuries mostly, because he was coming on really strong before the foot injury)

Hell, Boyce looked solid against the Browns too. The complaints over this WR draft are asinine.

Value is when there's a good discrepancy for what you pay relative to what you get, Thompkins went undrafted because he wasn't that good, and still isn't.

If every team knew Allen would be this good, he'd be a top 15 pick.
They did. It was just his mediocre forty that kept him out of the elite company. But there was a lotta love for Keenan Allen in this sub-forum. I don't want to say something crude like ***********, but Kontradiction and I got pretty close.

the year before the draft Allen was the #2 ranked WR

They did. It was just his mediocre forty that kept him out of the elite company. But there was a lotta love for Keenan Allen in this sub-forum. I don't want to say something crude like ***********, but Kontradiction and I got pretty close.

And you know, the knee injury that was affecting him way longer than it should have and turned into a major long term concern.

Allen didn't drop to the third round because people willed it. All 32 teams had concerns over his knee.

And I'd still pick Dobson all over again.

By the way - State, you're on record here as being on board with the Dobson pick, in fact I do believe you were very excited about it.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back