PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Keenan Allen

Ok, please tell me why the Patriots offence, TFB, and the other offensive players make Dobson a fit but not Allen.

I didn't say it made Dobson a fit and Keenan not. But there are many factors that play into the success of a wr in our offense. Keenan right now is the #1 receiver on that team. If he was here, he would most likely be in dobson's role, at the #3 or #4 option most of the time.

Dobson has seemed to do well with what we needed him for. He is that traditional X receiver, deep threat man. We will never know if Keenan would fit here, and Dobson still has a long ways to go, but he has flashed he can be a stud with us.

What I am saying, with all these factors, Dobson has been pretty good IMO. Keenan, we will never know and I am not saying he won't fit here. It's all speculation, like some think he would be a stud here. That hasn't been proven either.

I didn't say it made Dobson a fit and Keenan not. But there are many factors that play into the success of a wr in our offense. Keenan right now is the #1 receiver on that team. If he was here, he would most likely be in dobson's role, at the #3 or #4 option most of the time.

Dobson has seemed to do well with what we needed him for. He is that traditional X receiver, deep threat man. We will never know if Keenan would fit here, and Dobson still has a long ways to go, but he has flashed he can be a stud with us.

What I am saying, with all these factors, Dobson has been pretty good IMO. Keenan, we will never know and I am not saying he won't fit here. It's all speculation, like some think he would be a stud here. That hasn't been proven either.

It is speculation that he would be a stud here, it is not speculation that he has the raw material to be a stud NFL receiver.

It is speculation that he would be a stud here, it is not speculation that he has the raw material to be a stud NFL receiver.

Yes, but so does Dobson. We can go back and forth, right now we have Dobson. Give him time, he has only played 10 games this season.

Yes, but so does Dobson. We can go back and forth, right now we have Dobson. Give him time, he has only played 10 games this season.

It's not as though I have a magic wand that can swap them, I don't have a choice but to give him a chance:D

I like Dobson and hope he'll become a stud but I still wish we'd have grabbed Keenan Allen in that spot.

It's not as though I have a magic wand that can swap them, I don't have a choice but to give him a chance:D

I like Dobson and hope he'll become a stud but I still wish we'd have grabbed Keenan Allen in that spot.

Snake, we will never know. Just gotta have faith Dobson keeps progressing. Because I believe he has to show up in the playoffs to give us a chance to win a SB.

Dobson's missed three games to injury and is still top 5 in rookie WR receptions, yards, and TDs. Thompkins is also up there in the top 10.

While I wanted Allen, we've done pretty darn good at WR in the 2013 class. (so far)

Dobson's missed three games to injury and is still top 5 in rookie WR receptions, yards, and TDs. Thompkins is also up there in the top 10.

While I wanted Allen, we've done pretty darn good at WR in the 2013 class. (so far)

Don't forget about Boyce. Obviously, the biggest thing for a WR to do is catch the ball. But, once the ball is in their hands I think Boyce might be the best of the 3. And, he doesn't have bad hands. Sounds like he just hasn't picked up the offense yet. No biggie, since he's coming from the bubble-screen Big 12. Might be able to work him into the passing game more next year on those short passes and screens where he can use his wheels to get some YAC.

Who wanted allen? This guy that's who. But I liked boyce more than dobson. Call me crazy. Hopefully he gets a chance to showcase his talent. Who else saw his nasty ass juke on sunday?

Keenan Allen: 2 TDs tonight, 4 TDs in his last 2 games.

Meanwhile, Aaron Dobson's piggies have boo-boos.

As Belichick says, "Tell me who's gonna get injured ahead of time, and I won't play them."

Oh: and how do you know that Allen would have been healthy every game playing in this offense?

And we were supposed to know that Dobson was going to get injured mid season and Allen would be on fire??

No offense mate but what is it like to be this predictable as a poster?

Pats rookie has medium season or is injured = Pats can't draft, rookie sucks, Pats can't draft

Other team's rookie at same position having good year = Pats can't draft, should have picked that guy, So obvious at the time.

We get it. You think you are smarter than the FO and have all the answers.

Have you ever thought it possible that both Dobson and Allen are good NFL receivers?

If every team knew Allen would be this good, he'd be a top 15 pick.

Dobson might not have Allen's stats this year, but he's fine, and I have confidence he's gonna be a good WR in the future.

captain_hindsight strikes again.

If every team knew Allen would be this good, he'd be a top 15 pick.

Dobson might not have Allen's stats this year, but he's fine, and I have confidence he's gonna be a good WR in the future.

Please ignore Captain Hindsight. Your forum experience will be much the better for it :cool:

Indeed.

I think we've got a really good mix too - Thompkins seems to be able to pick apart coverage pretty well - Dobson has more than answered the question of whether he could get open with that outstanding double move he's perfected. If Boyce can continue Sunday's showing we'll have hit the jackpot.

I wouldn't say no to a Marqise Lee though, just to add the cherry on top ;)

Indeed.

I think we've got a really good mix too - Thompkins seems to be able to pick apart coverage pretty well - Dobson has more than answered the question of whether he could get open with that outstanding double move he's perfected. If Boyce can continue Sunday's showing we'll have hit the jackpot.

I wouldn't say no to a Marqise Lee though, just to add the cherry on top ;)

So we spend years lamenting that the Patriots don't have any success drafting wide receivers. Then we hit pay dirt and find not one, not two, but three young, promising players at the position. So what do we do? Complain that another team found a wide receiver who also happens to be a good player. Of course, I suspect no navel gazing would occur had the team followed captain_hindsight's recommendation:

I probably would've chosen Wheaton, mainly because his type of size/speed/YAC skills has shown
to be successful here, though I would've been very tempted by the silky-smooth talent of Allen.

Select Pats fans on Dowling: "He was so injury prone! Belichick is an idiot for picking him!"

Select Pats fans on Allen: "He was a great value because of his injury! Belichick is an idiot for passing on him!"

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back