PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for Darren Sproles

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR DEFENSE. I would prefer to use our picks to improve that area of our team. Some insurance on our OL wouldn't hurt either. So no, I wouldn't trade picks with the Chargers for Sproles, but if they are willing to part with one of their DBs I would go for that. :D

bingo... defense wins championships

Why do we always wonder if we can get any player who looks good ? :)
I would improve our D first.

Somebody will overpay and expect him to be an everry down back..and they will be disappointed..he'll go to where there will be a ton of money...If there was a way to get him at a reasonable price..OF COURSE..but as many have said, D is more the priority..

The Pats have three picks in the first two rounds, maybe (depending on Asante Samuel's compensation) five picks in the first three. Look for some defensive players to go on Day One and early Day Two.

As for draft picks, there are some mid-round picks to consider, the classic productive backs on not-so-great teams:
Player Bio: James Davis :: Football

Curtis Brinkley*|*Syracuse,*RB*:*2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

And two pet picks/UDFAs:
Solid special-teamer and third-down back:
Benjamin Williams Bio - GoUSFBulls.com—Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South Florida

Anyone with the nickname "The Tank" is okay with me: Player Bio: Frank Summers :: Football

Last edited:
No...Sproles is a one hit wonder...his fumbles have hurt the Chargers in the past...he almost lost them the game last night.

He's a 3rd down back and a good return guy both on punts and kicks. You can see on TV that he has a gear that few in the NFL have. He's been wildly underutilized in San Diego this year - I'd imagine that is in no small part because of the fear of a classy has-been tearing the locker room apart if he didn't get his touches.

You still can't get carried away with his performance last night. He wouldn't last a month with that number of touches consistently. He's a great guy to have as a role player (much like Faulk is here) but he is probably going to cost a lot more $ than you want to pay for that role.

He's a 3rd down back and a good return guy both on punts and kicks. You can see on TV that he has a gear that few in the NFL have. He's been wildly underutilized in San Diego this year - I'd imagine that is in no small part because of the fear of a classy has-been tearing the locker room apart if he didn't get his touches.

You still can't get carried away with his performance last night. He wouldn't last a month with that number of touches consistently. He's a great guy to have as a role player (much like Faulk is here) but he is probably going to cost a lot more $ than you want to pay for that role.

Patrick Cobbs is having a pretty good game vs. Baltimore. Not that small, quick third-down backs are a dime a dozen, but to spend too much money or too high a draft pick on one - especially when the defense needs help - wouldn't seem to benefit the team.

Of course, I'd feel better about BJGE in that role if he'd caught more than three passes this year. BenJarvus Green-Ellis

It was nice watching Sproles do what he did to Indy last night, but I wouldn't be willing to trade any one for him, unless maybe they'd be interested in someone from the practice squad:D.

No...Sproles is a one hit wonder...his fumbles have hurt the Chargers in the past...he almost lost them the game last night.

i clearly remember prior to 2003ish, kevin faulk had a little fumbling problem of his own. that is something that can be corrected

you cant trade for a free agent

First of all, those who said Sproles is a one hit wonder obviously don't really watch enough football. Sproles had been a dangerous weapon for San Diego last year too, he just didn't get as much playing time on offense with LT and Turner as the 1/2 combo. But I saw his special talents in the way he ran before this year.

Second, I don't think the Pats will go for him because he'll probably ask for too much money as a FA AND I think Faulk still has what it takes as our 3rd down back. The Pats should have Morris/Maroney/Faulk and maybe try to resign Jordan. Our running game was awesome this year, so if it ain't broke, why fix it?

nope use the money for somebody we actually need, ie: Asomugha

I wouldn't even chase him with the FA money some undiscerning franchise will toss at him next year.

SD has to keep him. They lost Michael Turner and if they lose Sproles with LT on the decline ( when RBs lose it, they lose it quickly and while he may have one more great year, I doubt it) who else is left? That cupboard is bare and they don't have a second rounder courtesy of the Jacob Hester trade last year.....Smith really has to work his magic this year....

No way no how

he is not needed, we are fine at RB, actually, we are over staffed at RB, and we dont have the room for any more

as long as we have faulk, the sproles kid is not needed, and i would NOT exchange darren sproles for Money for a long time yet

darren sproles can go wherever he wants, but NE is not an option

Is sproles a good running back because of the chargers system? Just like how Matt Cassel is a good QB because of the Patriots system?

Fans on other teams say cassel is not worth it going after, and some patriots fans here say sprole is not worth going after.
Sproles might not be an every down back , but faulk is the same. Early in faulks career, faulk wasnt at the same level he is now.

If sproles is playing like he is now, what will happen when he is 30 years old, even better?
What I want to know is can sproles catch the ball away from his body, with his arms fully extended, or is he a RB that needs the ball thrown near his chest or stomach to make plays.
Just imagine in a spread formation with sproles in the backfield, 3rd and 5 will be so easily to convert, with a speed back like sproles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back