PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you take Greg Little with a late 2nd or early 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most people don't think WR is a big need...

Nope. Me thinks it's a huge need.

Tate has had enough time to show something, but he hasn't.
I wasn't all that impressed last season, but we must consider his stage of development. Keep the door open for him...

Price is a project and probably needs another year.
This may not be true. Maybe he is ready. There will be competition created at their position with most likely one rookie. There's only one football, let's see who Brady finds comfort in.

...we need is a Stud WR on the outside.
Stud aside, what I'd like is someone who can run solid intermediate routes, with just enough speed to stretch the field as needed. Three who may fit the bill are: Hankerson/ Moore/ Doss.

Little: Any prospect with questionable character doesn't interest me.

I think that the bottom line is that we need to look a year ahead when we draft. We will have Edelman, Price and Tate as our wideouts in 2012.

Please "speak" up. Who thinks that with these three awesome stud receivers in place that we have no need for another receiver?

I can see the argument that we should rely on free agency since we would not want to have ALL kids for 2012. However, I don't see the argument that we are all set without addition.

I think that the bottom line is that we need to look a year ahead when we draft. We will have Edelman, Price and Tate as our wideouts in 2012.

Please "speak" up. Who thinks that with these three awesome stud receivers in place that we have no need for another receiver?

I can see the argument that we should rely on free agency since we would not want to have ALL kids for 2012. However, I don't see the argument that we are all set without addition.
"Need?" Perhaps, perhaps not. The primary WR "need" as I see it, is competition. Farnham, Jenkins, maybe Shun White, are all well and good for competition, but it's in the team's best interest to churn the end of the roster where these six currently reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes