PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Series

yes and screw theo for the way he handled the compensation for the redsox allowing him out of his contract. remember how he held the redsox up for months? that always pissed me off.
You are 100% correct on this. The Red Sox could have received a very good prospect for allowing Epstein out of the final year of his deal. I don't know if it was Henry or one of the other owners who allowed the Cubs to sign Theo BEFORE agreeing on compensation. From what I recall, Theo and the Cubs "promised" the Red Sox they would get proper value in the way of prospect(s). I know the Red Sox didn't get anyone off their top ten list, and maybe not anyone off their top 20 list. They could have stood their ground, but caved in when they had all the leverage. I don't think the Sox deserved a top five prospect, but certainly someone in their top ten.

And screw Joe Maddon, and screw Theo (again) for first trading away Anthony Rizzo then trading FOR him from SD.
I would take Bobby Valentine or anyone else over Joe Maddon every time. "This is ESPN SportsCenter! Coming up later: (the Patriots cheated) Last night, The Canucks won their fifth straight Stanley Cup, The Kings won the NBA title, Babe Ruth was reincarnated and the Apocalypse is upon us; but first, our top story: Joe Maddon says the umpire was wrong!!!!! We'll spend the next thirty minutes with full details, including the Joe Maddon press conference, and we'll replay the pitch one million times...it's definitely inconclusive, if you're legally blind (the Patriots cheated). Presidents Putin and Obama got down on their hands and knees begging Joe for an autograph, but he just blew a snot rocket in their faces....All Hail the Almighty Joe Maddon!!!!"

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back