PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Idk, he signed quick and didn't try waiting for a big deal. Plus Indy & Cleveland, supposedly, offered more?

I heard on the radio that Indy and Cleveland didn't offer more. It was just a rumor.

But you're right. He did sign quickly. Good point.

I heard on the radio that Indy and Cleveland didn't offer more. It was just a rumor.

But you're right. He did sign quickly. Good point.
Agreed who knows, not sure I buy that either but again he signed quick? Maybe he really liked the team, direction? Or that was the best offer by far? Idk but they could use a CB1 now that they'll have a real pass rush?? If they wanted to go "all in" so to speak?

49 would give us three top 50 picks assuming we get their 2nd.

Not really. Why would Caserio want to take on three 10+ million dollar vet salaries as part of the deal?
Eh...you’re looking at it in a vacuum. Use context. Hill would more than likely either restructure or get traded to gain extra assets, they’d probably keep Williams at that his current number due to him being a top 10 safety & Peat is a very good OL. You still need good players in this league who are proven...or they could trade them, as all three of those players will have decent/excellent trade value. As stated above, they’ll also be gaining even more assets with two firsts/two seconds AND clearing a ton of cap space. Watson doesn’t want to play for HOU anymore & I’m sure he’d allow a trade to play for one of the very best offensive minds in Payton, with Thomas, Kamara, OL, defense etc..Besides, HOU needs to collect all the assets they can get & quickly. It makes sense & is indeed interesting in theory as I stated.

Eh...you’re looking at it in a vacuum. Use context. Hill would more than likely either restructure or get traded to gain extra assets, they’d probably keep Williams at that his current number due to him being a top 10 safety & Peat is a very good OL. You still need good players in this league who are proven...or they could trade them, as all three of those players will have decent/excellent trade value. As stated above, they’ll also be gaining even more assets with two firsts/two seconds AND clearing a ton of cap space. Watson doesn’t want to play for HOU anymore & I’m sure he’d allow a trade to play for one of the very best offensive minds in Payton, with Thomas, Kamara, OL, defense etc..Besides, HOU needs to collect all the assets they can get & quickly. It makes sense & is indeed interesting in theory as I stated.

We will agree to disagree. If the Texans deal Watson, they will be in full on rebuild mode. Those 4 picks are not enough, in terms of draft capital, particularly given that the Saints 1st and 2nd round picks this year are late in the rounds. If the Texans get players back, they will likely want young starters who are still on their rookie contracts. Hill would not be the Texans long-term answer at quarterback so why would Caserio bail the Saints out of that terrible overpay from last offseason?

There is no way that the Texans would accept this deal, which immediately makes it not interesting.

We will agree to disagree. If the Texans deal Watson, they will be in full on rebuild mode. Those 4 picks are not enough, in terms of draft capital, particularly given that the Saints 1st and 2nd round picks this year are late in the rounds. If the Texans get players back, they will likely want young starters who are still on their rookie contracts. Hill would not be the Texans long-term answer at quarterback so why would Caserio bail the Saints out of that terrible overpay from last offseason?

There is no way that the Texans would accept this deal, which immediately makes it not interesting.
Ok Caserio..:whistle:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back