PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wonderlic Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought these were going to be confidential, with big-time discipline for anybody leaking them to the public after the Vince Young embarrassment. But with the way Pompei wrote this article it made me think he had a printout of every player's score.

Georgia's Matthew Stafford stands out with NFL Wonderlic score

Delmas' score may not be troubling to the average 'joe' but it certainly may be to BB.

I don't usually pay too much attention to this junk, but it makes Clay Matthews a bit more intriguing in my mind and Louis Delmas less intriguing. I even want Eben Britton more.

Wonderlics aren't a big deal for most positions, for BB or anybody else. Wilfork & Samuel are two examples of players who thrived in the Pats defense despite dreadful scores. But there are a few positions where a low score raises red flags and makes me look hard for other indications of quick thinking, processing complex info, communication skills, etc. QB is the obvious one, with C and ILB close behind.

Remember, after the draft last all you heard about Mayo in terms of BB & the Pats was how incredibly smart he was and how much he impressed them analyzing film during his interviews. He showed up super-prepared and professional for the combine. And the vets all talked about how impressed they were with his maturity during the season. That's a high Pats pick at ILB...and frankly, it doesn't sound a lot Maualuga, does it?

Quarterbacks:
Georgia's Matthew Stafford 38
USC's Mark Sanchez 28
Kansas State's Josh Freeman 27

Wide receivers:
Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree 15
Maryland's Darrius Heyward-Bey 14
Florida's Percy Harvin 12
North Carolina's Hakeem Nicks 11
Missouri's Jeremy Maclin 25

Offensive tackles:
Alabama's Andre Smith 17
Arizona's Eben Britton 31
Virginia's Eugene Monroe 24
Baylor's Jason Smith 23
Mississippi's Michael Oher 19

Linebackers:
USC's Clay Matthews 27
USC's Brian Cushing 23
USC's Rey Maualuga 15

Defensive backs:
Maryland's Kevin Barnes 41
Western Michigan's Louis Delmas 12

There broke is down now for the rest of the results...:D

Last edited:
Clay Matthews had a real nice score, makes me want him more.

Delmas' score may not be troubling to the average 'joe' but it certainly may be to BB.

I couldn't agree more. As much as I like a lot about Delmas, I can't see BB entrusting the play calling to Delmas.

Chung and Moore looking bettewr and better (assuming they scored higher than Delmas).

I would just like to point out the difference between a Georgia education (Stafford's 38) and a Florida edumacation (Harvin's 12).

I can only guess how low jean shorts Jesus will score next year.

In all seriouslness, Stafford has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB, and this score will only increase his stock. The thing is that the Lions are too dumb to take him at #1, so he might go to a team, where he could really make a difference. Look for Pioli to trade out of the #3 spot to a Jacksonville, SF, Chicago, so that they can grab Stafford.

I wonder if this means that Mauluaga may now fall towards us at #23 .. and even if we'd be interested given the smarts BB looks for in LB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back