PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With WR a need, who do you think the Pats target in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
For me, the one guy that sticks out in my mind with the second or 3rd of the patriots second round picks would be Brian Robiske. He just screams patriots type player. Would be a nice compliment to Moss and Welker. Catches everthing, showed good/not great speed at the combine and has football bloodlines that seems to have him ahead of the curve when it comes to football knowledge.

Thoughts? Others that may be a better fit?

For me, the one guy that sticks out in my mind with the second or 3rd of the patriots second round picks would be Brian Robiske. He just screams patriots type player. Would be a nice compliment to Moss and Welker. Catches everthing, showed good/not great speed at the combine and has football bloodlines that seems to have him ahead of the curve when it comes to football knowledge.

Thoughts? Others that may be a better fit?
You can get the same guy with the same physical stats, but double the catches including led the NCAA YPG in the nation who also returns kicks and is a scholar athlete and a missionary, Austin Collie of BYU. Could be got in the third and save a second rounder.
I think Collie might be slightly faster.
DW Toys

You can get the same guy with the same physical stats, but double the catches including led the NCAA YPG in the nation who also returns kicks and is a scholar athlete and a missionary, Austin Collie of BYU. Could be got in the third and save a second rounder.
I think Collie might be slightly faster.
DW Toys

Same physical stats? :confused: I like Collie fine but he's 2 full inches shorter and timed slower than Robiskie in every single drill. Plus people who like Robiskie don't usually focus on his measurables or his numbers, but rather his skills, polish, and "readiness."

I feel the same way about Robiskie and I'll add Aaron Kelly from Clemson.

EDIT: Forgot my man Juaquin Iglesias.

Last edited:
Brandon Tate UNC as a mid-round WR. Excellent return guy, big hands, solid RAC, not a burner but has an extra gear to get separation. Tore his knee up mid-season but if he is healthy could be a guy to watch in the WR rotation and especially on ST.

Brandon Tate UNC as a mid-round WR. Excellent return guy, big hands, solid RAC, not a burner but has an extra gear to get separation. Tore his knee up mid-season but if he is healthy could be a guy to watch in the WR rotation and especially on ST.

I love Brandon Tate too in the mid-rounds. He was having a great year until he tore up his knee. I think he could really excel in NE.

I think we could go for two even. Robiskie, Nicks, Britt, Wallace, Butler. Give me two of those guys, I'll take it.

I think we could go for two even. Robiskie, Nicks, Britt, Wallace, Butler. Give me two of those guys, I'll take it.

Nicks or Britt if we go after a 2nd round pick, unless Harvin falls. But personally I'd prefer to avoid WR on the first day. Mike Wallace from Ole Miss is my personal favorite of the 2nd day guys.

we should pick charles barkley :D

I think they will target one of these guys:
1) Mike Thomas WR 5'8 187 Arizona
2) Jarrett Dillard WR 5'10 185 Rice
3) Aaron Kelly WR 6'5 193 Clemson
4) Patrick Turner WR 6'5 221 USC

Last edited:
I'd take Deon Butler on day 2. He's a playmaker and he's fast. 4.38 40. 37" vertical.

Last edited:
i thought about this too because there seems to me to be alooooot of talent i the area of our 1st 2 picks in the 2nd round. some people have maclin or harvin slipping past our 1st 2nd e.t.c

I like Hakeem Nicks, though he may go in the late first when I have other plans for the pick. There are interesting WRs sprinkled all through the draft to take flyers on.

I'm hesitant on spending yet another 1st day pick on a WR. We've had a long drought when picking wideouts since Branch. And Branch wasn't nearly as good as he thought he was.

Last edited:
I'd take Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt, unless Maclin is still available at 23 and we've solved the OLB hole in free agency. I'd hope to land Nicks or Britt at 47, but we may have to take one of them at no.34 or end with neither. I think another option is signing someone in FA (pickings are very slim now, unless Joey Galloway has another year left in him or Coles will play for peanuts in NE) and drafting a developmental WR like Ramses Barden, Aaron Kelly or another Tiquan Underwoood.

I know Robiskie had a nice combine, but I just didn't see any seperation or explosion when I watched him play for Ohio State. It's kind of like seeing Ian Johnson run really well at the combine, I don't think either player plays like they timed in Indy.

I like both Derek Williams and Deon Butler I think both could potentially help the kicking game too.

I like Hakeem Nicks, though he may go in the late first when I have other plans for the pick. There are interesting WRs sprinkled all through the draft to take flyers on.

IF Nicks falls to the second round, he may be "too good to pass up".

For 3rd rd or later Robiske or Mohammad Massaquoi from Gerogia.

I'm surprised now one's mentioned Darius Heyward-Bey? He's skyrocketed the board but if we miss out on a DB/LB at #23 he'd be a good value there.

Finally! :D I thought I was the only one who liked Tate. I'm hoping he'll get a chance to show how well he's recovered on his pro day. He can't be expected to do much this year, but we don't have a "need" for a starter here IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft