PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With September over what record do you expect from this team going forward?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What record do we finish with?

• Total voters
Given what I've observed thus far, around 7-8 wins seems like the ceiling. That said, the team could click and a go on a winning streak but a lot needs to change for that to occur.

6 wins

Bad run defense
Weak pass rush when Judon doesn't get home

Bad offensive line
Bad playcalling
Inconsistent rushing attack that will be made worse with James White being out, and Damien Harris not being a good blocker
Average receiving core, if not below average
Tight End group that should be really good, but so far hasn't been
Occasionally too-risk-averse QB play
Lame redzone offense

And lastly... very so-so coaching by Belichick. Penalties all around, 10 men on the field,etc.

Texans, Jaguars, and Jets are the last "lock" wins we have left.

Panthers and Falcons are games we could win, but I wouldn't be surprised anymore AT ALL if we lost to them.

undisciplined, unfocused, uninspiring, starting with the coaches and ending with execution on the field, looks almost like the Jets out there, well offensively its the uninspiring 2011 McShitty Rams

This looks like a 7-10 football team, honestly.
If they don't improve much from where they're at now, I'd say 7-10 sounds about realistic. I personally expect they will get the OL playing a fair bit better and will clean things up a bit more with Mac and in other areas, and there will be fewer turnovers, plus Gilmore presumably will be back in a couple weeks. Factoring all of that in, I'm going to say they ultimately win 10 games this season.

If they don't improve much from where they're at now, I'd say 7-10 sounds about realistic. I personally expect they will get the OL playing a fair bit better and will clean things up a bit more with Mac and in other areas, and there will be fewer turnovers, plus Gilmore presumably will be back in a couple weeks. Factoring all of that in, I'm going to say they ultimately win 10 games this season.

That means going 9-5 out of these games (assuming they lose on SNF). I guess it's possible if everything you said happens. Losing Sweet Feet sucks though.

Wk 5 at Houston Texans,
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys,
Wk 7 vs. NYJ,
Wk 8 at LA Chargers,
Wk 9 at Carolina Panthers,
Wk 10 vs. Cleveland Browns,
Wk 11 at Atlanta Falcons,
Wk 12 vs. Tennessee Titans,
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills,
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 15 at Indianapolis Colts,
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills,
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars,
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins,

That means going 9-5 out of these games (assuming they lose on SNF). I guess it's possible if everything you said happens. Losing Sweet Feet sucks though.

Wk 5 at Houston Texans,
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys,
Wk 7 vs. NYJ,
Wk 8 at LA Chargers,
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills,
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills,
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars,
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins,
You can't overlook the extremely late Bye either. The team is going to be running on fumes by December.

Based on what we've seen through 3 games, they look like about a 6 or 7 win team. Hopefully that changes, and I think it could. But the AFC once again looks like it's going to be tough to get into the playoffs as the AFC West and North are both looking strong, so I'm not as optimistic about a playoff spot as I was before the season started.

Wk 5 at Houston Texans,
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys,
Wk 7 vs. NYJ,
Wk 8 at LA Chargers,
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills,
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills,
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars,
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins,
Yeah, I don’t see 9 wins coming out of that schedule either.

It’s not just the OL playing better, though that’s obviously the biggest part of it. With the exception of Judon, none of the high-priced free agents we’ve brought in have gotten it done. This team’s success was dependent upon them stepping up and taking some of the burden off of Mac on offense. They just haven’t been those guys.

You can't overlook the extremely late Bye either. The team is going to be running on fumes by December.
Yea.
They play Jete coming off their bye.
They travel to LAC to play them coming off their bye.
They then travel to CAR right after west coast trip.
Even that game at Atlanta may be tough, a Thursday nighter (mini bye) right after playing CLE which you know will be a brutal hard hitting game.
Finally they travel to BUF in Wk 13 right before their bye. They'll be exhausted by then.

Yea.
They play Jete coming off their bye.
They travel to LAC to play them coming off their bye.
They then travel to CAR right after west coast trip.
Even that game at Atlanta may be tough, a Thursday nighter (mini bye) right after playing CLE which you know will be a brutal hard hitting game.
Finally they travel to BUF in Wk 13 right before their bye. They'll be exhausted by then.
Yup. A lot of people thought this was an easy schedule. It's isn't really.

It’s not just the OL playing better, though that’s obviously the biggest part of it. With the exception of Judon, none of the high-priced free agents we’ve brought in have gotten it done. This team’s success was dependent upon them stepping up and taking some of the burden off of Mac on offense. They just haven’t been those guys.
You're not wrong there, they haven't shown up so far. I should also have said I was factoring in the TEs stepping up more in that estimation. I'm not as worried about the receivers. Meyers has been fine, and Bourne looks like he's coming along. Agholor hasn't done a ton yet but he's been open deep here and there, Mac just hasn't had time to hit him, or they've been on the wrong page when he tries. I would hope that gets fixed with time and better OL play - meaning some successful deep hits, meaning more room in the middle for the other players - but that's of course just my hope.

The White injury sucks. He was very valuable for Mac to lean on right now while everyone else is still getting settled in.

Paul Perillo said the Saints were missing 7 starters vs NE........and still they mauled our home team.
Yikes!

OT: I will cherish NE's 3 preseason wins as if they actually counted

Wk 5 at Houston Texans,
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys,
Wk 7 vs. NYJ,
Wk 8 at LA Chargers,
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills,
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills,
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars,
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins,

As Belichick says, you cannot really tell what a team is until week five or six. A lot of teams come out of the gates hot and fade fast and others look like crap or average early and come on strong. I mean the Bucs from September of last year could never had even made it to the Super Bowl never mind win it. Obviously, you can say the same thing about the September 2014 version of the Patriots.

That is why I hate looking at the schedule and looking for wins and losses. I mean Carolina looks great now, but could they slow down after a hot start? Same with the Chargers? And on the flip side, what if Lawrence and the Jags figure things out and get much better by the end of the year? They look like an easy win now, but they may be far tougher in December.

And of course injuries can make even the best team pretty average.

Bad oline play buries the entire offense.

Like "injuries can make even the best team pretty average"

If they don't improve much from where they're at now, I'd say 7-10 sounds about realistic. I personally expect they will get the OL playing a fair bit better and will clean things up a bit more with Mac and in other areas, and there will be fewer turnovers, plus Gilmore presumably will be back in a couple weeks. Factoring all of that in, I'm going to say they ultimately Lose 10 games this season.

fify

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back