PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with brady, do we go 16-0 in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 13-3/12-4. They were in transition.

That Steeler team was excellent. I don't think they get past them.

Easily. 2008 Brady would of smoked that schedule.

Steelers never in a million years advance to that Superbowl with Brady in the mix. Doesn't happen

Steelers 2008 Superbowl championship*

Raduray just exploded.

People often forget that the 2007 defense gave up 17.1 points per game. It was an excellent defense.

They tend to remember the awesome offensive output, but overlook that very good 2007 defense for some reason, and yes--Adalius Thomas was a nice piece of that defense and was having a good year in 2008 as well until he broke his arm halfway through the season.

The 2006 defense was damn nasty as well. Either way, I agree with you about your record prediction at 12-4, maybe 13-3 at best. Of course we don't know what would've happened in the postseason, but I wouldn't assume a SB victory based on the change in defense alone.

They were rolling at the end of the season though. They had already played Indy tough earlier in the year too, so who knows. They also embarrassed the Cardinals the last game of the season, who desperately needed the game, I might add - and they ended up in the Super Bowl, and damn near won it.

So...I dunno.

The Pats will win between 11-13 games this year, going 16-0 takes a lot of luck and a lot of things going their way..

The way these injuries are shaping up, wonder if they can dress 47 guys on Sept 10....
Focus, DS. We're talking about 2008. :)

No way.

The Patriots got ****kicked by Miami Week 3, they're not winning that game no matter who the QB is. Same with the beatdown in San Diego.

They probably don't turn it over 5 times against Pittsburgh, but the OT loss to the Jets, I don't think Brady could have outplayed Cassel. He was ****ing brilliant in that game, and the game-tying TD to Moss was still, in my mind, the best throw I've ever seen by a Patriots QB.
I think Miami could've been different with an early lead preventing the wildcat horsecrap, but SD was a loss no matter who was at QB

As for the best throw by a Patriots QB: November 2002 - Brady to Patten in the back of the end zone with seconds left for the win vs Chicago

I think Miami could've been different with an early lead preventing the wildcat horsecrap, but SD was a loss no matter who was at QB

As for the best throw by a Patriots QB: November 2002 - Brady to Patten in the back of the end zone with seconds left for the win vs Chicago

On the run, no time on the clock...I dunno...Look on the replay where that ball is.

probably not, its very hard to go 16-0

Oh no doubt, incredible throw and catch. Should've gone for 2
Nah definitely not. Only go for 2 if you're a much worse desperate team. We had that game if the d didn't blow it on 3rd and long or if Vince didn't call tails. And we definitely don't go 16-0. Miami was going to beat us for sure unless Brady had an unreal game. SB is really really hard to win so more probable than not we don't win but wed certainly have a good chance. And Brady owns the Steelers so I'd like our chances. **** LeBeau wakes up twice a week in the middle of the night covered in sweat because of Brady.

I think people forget just how terrible that defense was. Deltha O Neal had one of the all time worse seasons any corner has ever had.

I think people forget just how terrible that defense was. Deltha O Neal had one of the all time worse seasons any corner has ever had.
Yeah, exactly. The team one year away from 16-0 was also a year away from getting blown out in the first round of the playoffs, with Brady.

Between losing SB 42 in the winter, going without a 1st round pick in in the spring, losing Brady in the season opener in the Fall, and failing to make the playoffs, 2008 might've been the most unfortunate year in Belichick-Brady era ...
To be honest the year 2008 sucked in general. I mean look at what happened in the economy

this thread doesn't matter since we didn't go 16-0 in 2008. besides, what does 16-0 by itself get us?

this thread doesn't matter since we didn't go 16-0 in 2008. besides, what does 16-0 by itself get us?

A lame-ass banner on the opposite side of the stadium.

Marginally less lame than "AFC Finalist" however.

No team wanted to see the Patriots visit the Super Bowl two years in a row in 07 08, something they already saw three seasons prior in 03 04. Every team would have played the Patriots tough.

But yes, with Tom Brady we would have done better. However, we might not have Gronkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back