PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With all the QB hate, would suck to lose.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just stating the obvious. I went on to post my admittedly optimmistic "predict the score" prediction, and saw that everybody joined me in their optimism. Granted, we've seen in the last two games that we can beat up bad teams really efficiently. HOWEVER...

The "what if" is starting to loom large. What if, on MNF, in front of a national audience, we just STINK?

Man, don't you guys feel like we're bickering about the wrong thing?

Then I realized, let's pretend we do lose on Monday. What will people be doing? You'll have pro-Zappers saying it's Jones' fault, if Jones is in at QB. You have Jonesers saying Zappe's luck ran out, and not only he but Patricia and BB and maybe Judge suck. Everything goes back to which characters in the WWE version of the same team we are rooting for.

Wow. Is this what we are? For that matter, is this what we've always been and I just don't remember? Were we all yipping at Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel before they left town? I remember all the Drew love dissipated, for obvious and good reasons. I almost feel like if one of our 2 proto-phenoms pulled a Brady, half of us would be mad about it.

Okay, soapbox over & I hope we beat the Bears, who are the real other team this Monday. (I hope we're not representative of anything the team thinks about.)

Just stating the obvious. I went on to post my admittedly optimmistic "predict the score" prediction, and saw that everybody joined me in their optimism. Granted, we've seen in the last two games that we can beat up bad teams really efficiently. HOWEVER...

The "what if" is starting to loom large. What if, on MNF, in front of a national audience, we just STINK?

Then I realized, let's pretend we do lose on Monday. What will people be doing? You'll have pro-Zappers saying it's Jones' fault, if Jones is in at QB. You have Jonesers saying Zappe's luck ran out, and not only he but Patricia and BB and maybe Judge suck. Everything goes back to which characters in the WWE version of the same team we are rooting for.

Wow. Is this what we are? For that matter, is this what we've always been and I just don't remember? Were we all yipping at Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel before they left town? I remember all the Drew love dissipated, for obvious and good reasons. I almost feel like if one of our 2 proto-phenoms pulled a Brady, half of us would be mad about it.

Okay, soapbox over & I hope we beat the Bears, who are the real other team this Monday. (I hope we're not representative of anything the team thinks about.)
I would blame quicksand...

I think BB and the rest of the senior staff are taking a much longer view than just winning the next game.

I think they see more upside in Mac and will grudgingly put up with his mistakes and even some Ls this season in the hopes that he'll be learning from any mistakes and it'll make him better in the long term.

This isn't Brady vs Bledsoe. They knew what Bledsoe was at his peak, and that he was in decline while Brady was on the way up. As above, Mac was already near OROY level last season and they feel that he's still on the way up not on the way down.

They see both Mac and Bailey at practice every day, they have a good idea of what they've got.

The fans and the mediots are a different thing entirely.

It'll be a total sh!tstorm here and on the air if the Pats lose and Mac can be blamed for it.

I think BB and the rest of the senior staff are taking a much longer view than just winning the next game.

I think they see more upside in Mac and will grudgingly put up with his mistakes and even some Ls this season in the hopes that he'll be learning from any mistakes and it'll make him better in the long term.

This isn't Brady vs Bledsoe. They knew what Bledsoe was at his peak, and that he was in decline while Brady was on the way up. As above, Mac was already near OROY level last season and they feel that he's still on the way up not on the way down.

They see both Mac and Bailey at practice every day, they have a good idea of what they've got.

The fans and the mediots are a different thing entirely.

It'll be a total sh!tstorm here and on the air if the Pats lose and Mac can be blamed for it.
For sure the mediots make a living off of keeping this going, controversy or made up nontroversy is what drives their ratings. Doing errands on Sat. listening to a sports talk fill in, who was telling the world why he thinks Zappe is a better fit, his reasoning sounded like nonsense.. but he never relented, switched to Pandora again..

I would blame quicksand...

Once again...

Animated GIF

It ALWAYS sucks to lose.

Hissy Fit Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

This post feels like the equivalent of panic shopping for bread and milk before a snowstorm. Why do we have to have a hypothetical discussion about losing at home to a bad team? Of course it can happen. It's still a pro football team and anything can happen in any given game, but come on. Enjoy the game. We SHOULD win. If we lose, have a drink, process your feelings, and move on with your life. We don't need to mentally prepare for every damn disappointment.

This post feels like the equivalent of panic shopping for bread and milk before a snowstorm. Why do we have to have a hypothetical discussion about losing at home to a bad team? Of course it can happen. It's still a pro football team and anything can happen in any given game, but come on. Enjoy the game. We SHOULD win. If we lose, have a drink, process your feelings, and move on with your life. We don't need to mentally prepare for every damn disappointment.
Fear and anxiety are baked into our DNA. Those that lacked it got eaten by lions, and their DNA got eaten along with the rest of them.

Interestingly enough, look at what example they chose to use... Humans have a "zero risk bias". We're happier if we feel our fears have been addressed, like the fear of not having our favorite brand of bum wipe. Damn amygdala!

Last edited:
Fear and anxiety are baked into our DNA. Those that lacked it got eaten by lions, and their DNA got eaten along with the rest of them.

Interestingly enough, look at what example they chose to use... Humans have a "zero risk bias". We're happier if we feel our fears have been addressed, like the fear of not having our favorite brand of bum wipe. Damn amygdala!

I wouldn't necessarily advocate giving too much free rein to fear and anxiety but the judicious application of a reasonable amount of both has kept me happily married to my favorite redhead for over 45 years. So there's that

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back