PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with #143 pick NE selects: LB Ja’Whaun Bentley, Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Sam is a steal where we got him in the draft. Bentley has good straight speed but can struggle sideline to sideline at times. He's more assured in the tackle and purist than Roberts is in my opinion.

Lots to like about this draft i feel!

Since people have been using WalterFootball a lot, here's his opinion

New England: Ja'whuan Bentley, LB, Purdue MILLEN WOULD LOVE TO INSERT KIELBASAS INTO CHEWBACCA'S BACKSIDE Grade
And we've reached the point in the draft in which Bill Belichick mails it in and starts taking UDFA players. The Patriots notoriously have a small board, and Bentley certainly is a UDFA prospect

Read more: Live 2018 NFL Draft Grades - WalterFootball.com

I follow WF because his site is fairly comprehensive with mocks, grades, and rankings going back years, but the actual opinions contained within are regularly mind-numbingly stupid. He's just not a good evaluator of talent.

I follow WF because his site is fairly comprehensive with mocks, grades, and rankings going back years, but the actual opinions contained within are regularly mind-numbingly stupid. He's just not a good evaluator of talent.
Yeah, I also follow him pretty regularly if im being honest, he does make lots of mistakes, but I wouldn't call him a "Bad evaluator", there are plenty that are worse

Still, after the 3rd round everything is close enough to a crap-shot, so maybe BB does have a plan after all

Yeah, I also follow him pretty regularly if im being honest, he does make lots of mistakes, but he got a few of ours "WTF" kind of picks extremely right. On top of my head, i remember him giving "Millen" (F) grade for our wonderkid Jordan Richards.

Still, after the 3rd round everything is close enough to a crap-shot that it doesnt really matter all that much

My main problem with him is he tends not to have the best knowledge of the Patriots and their needs, and I imagine if I knew more about other teams I'd be saying the same thing for them.

My main problem with him is he tends not to have the best knowledge of the Patriots and their needs, and I imagine if I knew more about other teams I'd be saying the same thing for them.
*Edited the previous post because of incorrect information*

That is true, i agree 100¨%. I give him a pass cause he needs to follow 32 teams, must be hard to keep up with everything in detail

ok, if nobody else wants to touch this

this is the film I was watching just before Day 3 started

monster run D + blitzer . also strong LB/edge option (think Harrison)

looks more like furniture . but man among boys

just a highlight reel unfortunately .

look at 2:15 - can jump for the ball and can run for TD!

He sure seems faster than the NFL.com prospect report made him out to be. :)

Bentley might be an example of a typical BB pick. He wanted him more than other high rated LBs, so he dropped to where he could take him and still maintain value. He does not give a flying fark where draft gurus rank him.

can we fix thread title to Purdue..jeez

ok, if nobody else wants to touch this

this is the film I was watching just before Day 3 started

monster run D + blitzer . also strong LB/edge option (think Harrison)

looks more like furniture . but man among boys

just a highlight reel unfortunately .

look at 2:15 - can jump for the ball and can run for TD!

Your contributions and breakdowns are appreciated. Good stuff, man. He could end up pushing Roberts off of the roster by the end of this summer.

From the draft day thread:

Oh No!!!!

Ja'Whaun Bentley Draft Analysis | Player Analysis | NFL's Next Draft Guide

I have my work cut out for me... :confused:

That guy writes out of both sides of his arse. Criticizes him for his lack of athleticism then writes: “Out of the two, I’d prefer to see him land with the local team, the Colts, and become one of the foundations of their defense when he’s fully groomed.”

Soon thereafter, he retired from the draft analysis game:

5DC48DBD-94A4-4F2E-8030-3C0771E81CF8.jpeg

Yup. He had Sam as the 22nd ranked ILB in this draft, which is laughable.

can we fix thread title to Purdue..jeez
Oh, Purdue! I thought he was a Perdue chicken farm worker Caserio found in a refrigerated food locker in some small Indiana town somewhere tackling migrant workers and busting up wood pallets.

We’ve got Bryan Cox again. A younger version.

Be ready to watch the Pathons of the NFL world get jacked. This player is a beast. For you young guys you may want to google the hit that started it all on Sept 30, 2001, during Brady’s first start.

Ive watched a bunch of youtubes on this guy and while the are highlight reels he does not look deathly slow to me. In fact, it looks like he lost 10 lbs and is now somewhat faster.

Your contributions and breakdowns are appreciated. Good stuff, man. He could end up pushing Roberts off of the roster by the end of this summer.

Thanks. I might be the only one left here still cheering for Roberts but it seems his game has not matured enough in 2 years and he did not make ST teams either so I guess you might be right.

Christian Sam is a steal where we got him in the draft. Bentley has good straight speed but can struggle sideline to sideline at times. He's more assured in the tackle and purist than Roberts is in my opinion.

Lots to like about this draft i feel!

Every-time on Tape when Sam makes a Tackle you see the Offensive player just go backwards sign of very good fundamental player. These guys are so ahead of Roberts already his days are numbered.

That guy writes out of both sides of his arse. Criticizes him for his lack of athleticism then writes: “Out of the two, I’d prefer to see him land with the local team, the Colts, and become one of the foundations of their defense when he’s fully groomed.”

Soon thereafter, he retired from the draft analysis game:

View attachment 20304
There are articles on the net suggesting BOTH of our new LB's are slow. On the other hand posters have found videos of them actually playing in games and looking pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back