PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wish we could trade our #1 for Jason Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like his holdout will go into the regular season.

Man I wish we could trade for him, move Light to RT, Kaczur could be a strong backup and/or compete for Neal's guard spot. Our OL would come together great then. I'm not a fan of trading #1s for the right to pay a player big money but I'd do it in this case.

Re: Wish we could trade our #1 for Jason Peter

Man I wish we could trade for him, move Light to RT, Kaczur could be a strong backup and/or compete for Neal's guard spot. Our OL would come together great then. I'm not a fan of trading #1s for the right to pay a player big money but I'd do it in this case.

We'd likely have to pay a number one MORE, so if it were worth it (not seeing it) it would probably be way CHEAPER.

We'd likely have to pay a number one MORE, so if it were worth it (not seeing it) it would probably be way CHEAPER.

Peter would not join the Pats without a huge contract increase.

An offensive tackle drafted #1 by the Pats would be much cheaper

because he would be a late round pick.

Peter would not join the Pats without a huge contract increase.

An offensive tackle drafted #1 by the Pats would be much cheaper

because he would be a late round pick.

True, but that doesn't really help us this year.

I don't see Buffalo trading with us, unless we blew them away with a deal, which I would not want to do. I would do it for a 1st and a 4th.

belichick raved about peters before both bills games called him the most important player on their offense, i highly doubt the bills would trade him to the pats, but id do the deal in a minute

Forget a #1, while we are wishing, I'll wish to have Marcus Mcniel in lieu of Mr. Jackson. G or T.

It's a great idea if we can afford what he wants. Hopefully, the team is exploring it.

allrgiht...it seems nobody thinking straight has come into this thread yet...so ill be the first to say this

"its preseason"

and unless Light goes to IR....im fine with the O line...

allrgiht...it seems nobody thinking straight has come into this thread yet...so ill be the first to say this

"its preseason"

and unless Light goes to IR....im fine with the O line...
You can be fine with the offensive line and still want a guy who is arguably the best tackle in the NFL and is still young. When Light is healthy, I'm fine with the offensive line as well, but I'd deal a 1st for Peters in a second. He's a beast.

Unfortunately, Buffalo isn't trading him and if they did, it wouldn't be to us.

Last edited:
Peters is the 2nd best tackle in the nfl after walter jones.

Peters is the 2nd best tackle in the nfl after walter jones...

...and we could've had him with our 7th-round pick in '04. Instead, we were given: Christian Morton.

Except for Big Vince, the FO really F'ed Up the 2004 draft, same as it did to the 2007 draft. It's no wonder that we're scrambling to find quality depth at some positions.

...and we could've had him with our 7th-round pick in '04. Instead, we were given: Christian Morton.

Except for Big Vince, the FO really F'ed Up the 2004 draft, same as it did to the 2007 draft. It's no wonder that we're scrambling to find quality depth at some positions.

He was adamant about being an NFL tight end in the 2004 draft, which is why he went undrafted at 320 lbs.

Your expectations for drafts are way to high. Do you have links to what you would have done before drafts, not after them, one name per pick not a list where you can choose the one guy who did well ?

The 2004 draft was OK. Vince was a great pick. Watson was a solid pick. M. Hill probably wasn't going to get it done but we'll never know . . . although on Draft Eve, Curran made it sound like we really liked Bob Sanders; too bad Indy got him before our #2. Gus Scott may have been an OK backup if he'd stayed healthier.

Oh come on. That's like saying 31 other teams screwed up their drafts royally by not taking Tom Brady in the 6th round.

There are always sleepers that sneak under the radar that will do really well, you can't expect to find them all. There are 31 other teams drafting and the odds are 31/32 that another team will get a sleeper that your team doesn't.

Back to Jason Peters. If the Pats can afford to pay him, I'd say trading a 1st round pick would be worth it for a franchise LT. But I'd start the offer at a 2nd. Who knows how bad this impasse is.

Your expectations for drafts are way to high. Do you have links to what you would have done before drafts, not after them, one name per pick not a list where you can choose the one guy who did well ?

The 2004 draft was OK. Vince was a great pick. Watson was a solid pick. M. Hill probably wasn't going to get it done but we'll never know . . . although on Draft Eve, Curran made it sound like we really liked Bob Sanders; too bad Indy got him before our #2. Gus Scott may have been an OK backup if he'd stayed healthier.

Bob Sanders > Watson. But this is all in hindsight obviously.

Forget a #1, while we are wishing, I'll wish to have Marcus Mcniel in lieu of Mr. Jackson. G or T.
Speaking of CJ. The bengals are waiving Rudi Johnson around for a trade for a WR because of Chad Johnsons shoulder issues.

Would you do this? Trade Chad for Chad (even though damaged goods) and hope he recovers somewhat enough to play (which he can) and he's is healthy for 2009? It's like a draft choice for CJ. Would you out there?
DW Toys

Bob Sanders > Watson. But this is all in hindsight obviously.
Clearly - but Watson was still a solid pick. I think they were hoping to get Sanders in the second round due to his (lack of) height.

There's no way anyone can honestly say that we we drafted well in 2004, or 2007 ( excluding Welker and Moss). I don't like the 2006 draft either, now that we've had two full years to evaluate.

But regarding Peters, there is no way the Bills make this trade.

There's no way anyone can honestly say that we we drafted well in 2004, or 2007 ( excluding Welker and Moss). I don't like the 2006 draft either, now that we've had two full years to evaluate.

But regarding Peters, there is no way the Bills make this trade.

Wilfork alone makes the 2004 draft a good one and I still like Watson. 2006 can be a great one if some of these guys shake the injury bug. Maroney, Jackson, Thomas and O'Callaghan can still be solid players in this league and Gostkowski is developing into a solid PK, he will have his best year in 2008. LeKevin Smith also has a chance. Meriweather is on his way but 2007 was a weak draft class in general and the way the Pats continually traded out of that draft let us know they definitely felt that way.

I agree Peters will not be traded.

Some of you have some unrealistic expectations for the draft, apparently.

2004 was a very good draft. They landed an elite nose tackle in Wilfork and while I think Watson hasn't reached his potential yet and it's now starting to appear like he'll never become that star I hoped and thought he'd become-- he's still a good, starting caliber TE with the potential to be more than that.

Any time you get a player like Wilfork, you've had a successful draft. Watson is just gravy.

I also don't see why you'd exclude trades in 2007. Trades are a part of the draft as well. They dealt a late 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick. They could've kept those assets and had a better draft in terms of players they actually selected that year but they came out of it with Welker and Moss instead, plus a 1st rounder from the 9ers which ended up being a top 10 pick and Jerod Mayo. Throw in Meriweather and that's a pretty amazing haul if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick