PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win, Fail, or Meh? #5 (FOXSports 7 rounder)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Win, Fail, or Meh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1. Sergio Kindle
2a. Rob Gronkowski
2b. Jerry Hughes
2c. Dexter McCluster
4. Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
6. Sean Lissemore, DT, William & Mary
6comp. Dorian Brooks, OG, James Madison
7a. Roy Upchurch, RB, Alabama
7b. Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison(!)
7comp. Chris Campbell, OT, Eastern Illinois
7comp. Brandon Deaderick, DT, Alabama
7comp. Kerry Meier, ex-QB WR, Kansas

Love it. Kindle AND Hughes seems unlikely, but I love it.

Throw in a WR in place of McCluster and that's pretty much the best possible scenario.

Huge win. I'm not even a Kindle fan, and I still love it. Hughes at #47 is a steal, and Lissemore & Deaderick both have real potential at DE.

Throw in a WR in place of McCluster and that's pretty much the best possible scenario.

Switch McCluster with Price. I can't imagine Price being on the board in the fourth. Or Deaderick late in the 7th. I can't get over Hughes at #47 either.

Last edited:
Huge win. I'm not even a Kindle fan, and I still love it. Hughes at #47 is a steal, and Lissemore & Deaderick both have real potential at DE.

My sentiments exactly. Kindle isn't on my board. Neither are Campbell or Moats. But who cares?

Horrible.

Kindle just runs around people, won't work in the nfl.
Hughes, too short.
Grabowski, injured, spinal stenosis?
Mccluster, huge reach, one hit and he's gone for the season, best as a slot receiver...

Deaderick is interesting. If he has potential, why is he always considered a 6th rounder at best?

Win

Of the top OLB prospects Kindle seems to make the most sense. Unlike some I don't think Hughes is among the top teir so I wouldn't be surprised if he fell into the 2nd.

Love Gronkowski, McCluster and Moats.

Deadrick obviously fits the scheme and is worth a flyer on.

One can only dream.......We likes us LBs around here this time of year. :)

However I don't see us taking Kindle, and I don't like McCluster, especially not in the second (but then again I was dead set against Percy Harvin having much value as well).

1. Sergio Kindle
2a. Rob Gronkowski
2b. Jerry Hughes
2c. Dexter McCluster

I am ok with it other than #2a. I think we can get Olsen from the Bears for 2a and #119 and they give us back a third and Olsen. Untested injured rookie versus a proven NFL young decent contract 70 reception TE...No brainer.

So a second and very late fourth get us a third that BB wants and a starting TE.

Where do I sign?
DW Toys

Horrible.

Kindle just runs around people, won't work in the nfl.
Hughes, too short.
Grabowski, injured, spinal stenosis?
Mccluster, huge reach, one hit and he's gone for the season, best as a slot receiver...

Deaderick is interesting. If he has potential, why is he always considered a 6th rounder at best?
I think it's terrible as well for the same reasons you said. Kindle has bust written all over him. Hughes would struggle to do anything but rush the passer in the Pats D. I think much better value at TE can be had later than the 2nd round. And McCluster has always seemed pretty overrated to me.

1. Sergio Kindle
2a. Rob Gronkowski
2b. Jerry Hughes
2c. Dexter McCluster

I like this mock a lot. Deaderick in the 7th is a potential steal. He already has three years experience in our defense.

What no punter, EPIC FAIL...

Just kidding, Kindle and Hughes, I like, McCluster can play WR tambien

I think it's terrible as well for the same reasons you said. Kindle has bust written all over him. Hughes would struggle to do anything but rush the passer in the Pats D. I think much better value at TE can be had later than the 2nd round. And McCluster has always seemed pretty overrated to me.

Kindle is the safest first round OLB prospect in this draft with Graham in second.

Tremendous at OLB, WR, and TE.
Very weak at 3-4 DE.
This would require another solution at DE, a Derrick Burgess type transaction later in the season for a DL.

Kindle and Hughes on defense would be a tremendous addition - and could be perfect complements. That would be very exciting.

McCluster could be an equally exciting player on offense, with Price a mirror of Golden Tate but with a poor college QB - great character, speed, good hands. Gronkowski, if healthy, would offer possibly the best TE since Coates.

Great draft.

I am ok with it other than #2a. I think we can get Olsen from the Bears for 2a and #119 and they give us back a third and Olsen. Untested injured rookie versus a proven NFL young decent contract 70 reception TE...No brainer.

So a second and very late fourth get us a third that BB wants and a starting TE.

Where do I sign?
DW Toys

Agree with you 100%.. I rather see us trade back a round and obtain a player of Olson's caliber, then draft one of these TE's who have a history of injuries..

So I would trade our 2a for Olson and their 75th pick (3rd round).. Instead of drafting Hughes, I would go for John Jerry or Jared Veldheer and pic Sapp with the 75th pick..

We'd walk away with:

1.Kindle - If Bruschi likes him, I like him to :)
2. Greg Olson - in a trade we bring in experience into the position
3. John Jerry or Veldheer - Goosebumps just thinking about our young OL
4. McCluster - He'd kill the Jets and their blitz defense, sliding out
5. Sapp - Love the value and size for our system

Last edited:
it's a big win if you can get kindle, a every down LB that makes your run defense. and pass rush better. and hughes, who will give you 10 sacks as a 3rd down pass rusher.

Agree with you 100%.. I rather see us trade back a round and obtain a player of Olson's caliber, then draft one of these TE's who have a history of injuries..

So I would trade our 2a for Olson and their 75th pick (3rd round).. Instead of drafting Hughes, I would go for John Jerry or Jared Veldheer and pic Sapp with the 75th pick..

We'd walk away with:

1.Kindle - If Bruschi likes him, I like him to :)
2. Greg Olson - in a trade we bring in experience into the position
3. John Jerry or Veldheer - Goosebumps just thinking about our young OL
4. McCluster - He'd kill the Jets and their blitz defense, sliding out
5. Sapp - Love the value and size for our system

Cousin,
Best Draft I have seen all year. I like your maneuvering. I think I would like Veldheer of the two.
DW Toys

Kindle is the safest first round OLB prospect in this draft with Graham in second.

Wow...falser words were never spoken. A guy who is a DE convert, who has some maturity issues, at the least, whose play declined last year when asked to pick up the slack after Orakpo left, is the safest OLB prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back